Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cal

Levein to raid our squad?

Anyone reckon CL will raid our squad of players like he did to Hearts when he has a new job? I hope he take Douglas with him at least. :ph34r:

Well if it means losing, Kisnorbo, Hammil and Maybury, you won't here me complain (at least I hope you won't) :ph34r: .

well he best hope he gets a job with some moola available. Most players were signed on 3 and a half year deals...??

All part of Leveins much praised building the foundations for the future.......... not.

All part of Leveins much praised building the foundations for the future.......... not.

I think Deep Freeze and kisnorbo are ok to fill the squad out in this division, just not cut out to be first team starters. Although by most accounts Kisnorbo looked good at CB the other night. We could just wheel MDV out for fa cup games against prem teams :rolleyes:

Anyone reckon CL will raid our squad of players like he did to Hearts when he has a new job? I hope he take Douglas with him at least. :ph34r:

Lets hope so, he can have kiso, twatto, wilcox, deep freeze and williams, then we can bring in something decent to take their places.

Lets hope so, he can have kiso, twatto, wilcox, deep freeze and williams, then we can bring in something decent to take their places.

[/quote

Yep He can have all of the above IMO, apart from Williams, His main fault has been lack of motivation so hopefuly with the 'New Manager' that will be put right and he will turn out to be a very good player yes some of his perfomances have been lack luster but when he is on song his attacking runt into the box are a bit on the usefull side.

Sadly it ain't gonna happen. All the players he's bought still have 2 years on their contract left, so even if Levein gets another job soon ( :o ) he'll have to buy them off us...I doubt our board would sanction giving players like Kisnorbo, Rab, Hamill or De Vries free transfers.

Sadly it ain't gonna happen. All the players he's bought still have 2 years on their contract left, so even if Levein gets another job soon ( :o ) he'll have to buy them off us...I doubt our board would sanction giving players like Kisnorbo, Rab, Hamill or De Vries free transfers.

Why not? Most came her for free if we make a tenner on each we win. Less wages, we get rid of the dross and coming back to wages it also free's some of that budget on possible worth while acquisitions

Why not? Most came her for free if we make a tenner on each we win. Less wages, we get rid of the dross and coming back to wages it also free's some of that budget on possible worth while acquisitions

It all depends on how the new manager sees them - if they're not wanted, and we need to free up the wage bill, then giving those players free transfers would make logical sense.

As you say, we've purchased them for next to nothing (de Vries and Maybury - 100k, Hamill, Douglas, Kisnorbo, Sylla - free)

Yep, easier said than done though. If we gave 2/3 players on a free transfer we'd have to replace them with some new players, which don't always come free - especially if they're any good ;)

No point getting rid of shit and replacing them with shit.

Yep, easier said than done though. If we gave 2/3 players on a free transfer we'd have to replace them with some new players, which don't always come free - especially if they're any good ;)

No point getting rid of shit and replacing them with shit.

Frankly, swapping Sylla for shit isn't a bad bit of business. lol

Lets face it the players in our squad are going to wanted by Levein, he rates Weso and steramen but will probaley lack the funds to buy them in his next job. Please Don't think he will go after the SPL rejects only. Mcarthy is one player I expect he will pursue as best he can ( amongst others ).

It is one of the extraordinary things about football. A group of players let a manager down, lose lots of matches (admittedly playing the boss's tactics) and there's talk of the manager theoretically wanting to buy them back. And often they do!

It's the same with managers themselves. They do a demonstrably lousy job - and I'm not specifically talking about Levein - yet they turn up a few months later in another lucrative job as if nothing had happened.

Were I Levein I would never want to see the players who let me down again, certainly not lining up in one of my teams. And, managerially I would go away and assess where I had gone wrong and take some advice in doing so.

Then I would go on another coaching course and try to learn things that I obviously hadn't taken in on my first course.

I say that because if Levein thinks his performance at Leicester was just bad luck, he's wrong. I've been involved in several lines of work over 20/30 years and, in each case, the more I've done, the less I think I know.

My oldest son, in his business, retrains constantly.

Levein needs to do the same. Apart from anything else, his decision making was awful and his intransigence a major weakness.

Archived