Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

ratings v southampton

douglas 7 made some decent saves, unlucky with the goal.

stearman 7 nothing to report, was tidy.

macarthy 7 what can you say? Should learn to pass long balls better.

gerrbrand 7 running out of good things to say, for everyone. ;)

johanson 7 did ok spose, out of position, again, when will a manager realise hes not upto playing LB?

maybury 7 did well on the wing/centre midfield (2nd half), showed some of the attributes i was on about that we need, more please.

joey 6 no drive, no desire, no passion, just tiffled in between their midfield.

hughes 6 same as joey.

smith 7 better than cardiff, passing wasnt great tho.

hammond 6 never got going, lost confidence.

hume 7 enlightened the first half with his attacks, died of confidence in the 2nd half, as did everyone.

deep freeze 5 ooh it got cold later on ;):D

kelly 7 no kiso, no deep freeze starting, big plus, shows he was thinking what we were. Its very difficult breading confidence in a drenched team. **matron, fetch him that rather large needle would you dear, tally ho**. Start sheehan rob!!

Am I the only one who thought McCarthy was class today?

Douglas 6

Stearman 7

McCarthy 8* I thought he was tremendous, a class apart

Gerrbrand 6 (would have been 7 but for his error that cost us)

Johansson 6

Maybury 4

Gudjonsson 5

Hughes 5

Smith 4.5

Hume 6

Hammond 5

Sub: De Vries 4.5

Douglas 6

Stearman 6

McCarthy 7

Gerrbrand 5

Johansson 5

Maybury 5

Gudjonsson 5

Hughes 5

Smith 5

Hume 6

Hammond 3

De Vries - 4

O'Grady should have replaced Elvis at half time, that was the worst i've seen of him. Seemed to me like he wasn't up for the fight?

Douglas 6 - Didn't do much, not much he could do for the goal

stearman 7 -

Mccarthy 8 - Top Performance as usuall

Gerrbrand 7-

Nissa 6.5

Maybury - 6

Hughes - 6

Gudjonsson - 6

Smith - 6 Does he always fall over so easily? Showed some good skill though

Hammond - 5.5 Had a bit of a shocker, but showed some quick feet

Hume -6

De vries 4- As soon as he came on southampton looked better and we didnt have any attempts on goal. :D

O'Grady should have replaced Elvis at half time, that was the worst i've seen of him. Seemed to me like he wasn't up for the fight?

ogrady`s rubbish, your clutching at straws, because we dont win. Once a proper manager starts instilling confidence and back bone into the team, you`ll forget about him.

ogrady`s rubbish, your clutching at straws, because we dont win. Once a proper manager starts instilling confidence and back bone into the team, you`ll forget about him.

I'm not even a fan of his, i just would have prefered to see him to De Vries. O'Grady seemed to hit it off at Rushden, who are desperate to get him back. De Vries hasn't worked all season, it's not going to work now but especially with Levein gone. Southampton were awful, possibly worse than Crewe and Millwall, and we lost. We lost cause they were more positive despite their recent form, they threw a striker on with 5 minutes to go, who then went on to score and win the game for them. Our substitution just hindered us.

You can shut up, your judgement on players is as good as Eva Braun's judgement on men.

Alan Maybury - very much in contention for worst player this season.

Douglas - 5

Stearman - 6

McCarthy - 6

Gerrbrand - 5 - missed header for the goal

Johansson - 7

Maybury - 4 - technique of a fox just hunted over 3 miles and torn to shreads by dogs.

Hughes - 4

Gudjonsson - 6

Smith - 5

Hammond - 4

Hume - 6

Subs:

de Vries - 5

You can shut up, your judgement on players is as good as Eva Braun's judgement on men.

:D:D:D Quality putdown!

But actually, NOT justified in this instance.

O'Grady wasn't anything special at R&D.

Why do FOXES assume he'll be any more effective two leagues up? :huh:

Douglas - 6 (had NOTHING to do until the goal)

Stearman - 5 (going downhill quicker than Franz Klammer)

McCarthy - 7 (superb in defence, but needs to work on hitting the target at set-pieces)

Gerrbrand - 5 (not the worst, but his error was crucial)

Johansson - 5 (never comfortable)

Maybury - 5 (the experiment didn't work!)

Gudjonsson - 6 (competitive but inconsistent)

Hughes - 6 (only played in fits and starts)

Smith - 6 (his confidence is suffering like the rest of the team)

Hume - 5 (not a striker, once again did nothing in the box)

Hammond - 5 (bad miss, should have gone for power)

De Vries - 6 (some useful touches but no real support)

Kelly 5 - played for a 0-0 and didn't get it. Too closely associated to CL to bring anything positive to the team.

The board must stop faffing around and get a proper manager in before the Wolves game, even if it's only a stopgap until the end of the season.

Douglas - 6 - Didnt have much to do apart from there 1 shot.

Stearman - 5

McCarthy - 8 - Good tackling and covering all game.

Gerrbrand - 5 -

Johansson - 6

Maybury - 6 - Seemed to be putting in effort.

Hughes - 7 - Passed and worked well

Gudjonsson - 5 - Didnt see him all game

Smith - 6 - Was getting involved, no end product.

Hammond - 4

Hume - 6

Subs:

de Vries - 4

Douglas 7 - Not a tremendous amount to deal with, but what he did do he deat with fairly well I suppose

Stearman 6 - Average

McCarthy 7 - Good tackling, pressure and commitment today

Gerrbrand 6 - Would have been same as McCarthy is he had dealt with the bounce of the ball that led to their goal

Johansson 7 - Some decent tackles, look much improved at LB than in recent performances

Maybury 6 - Not his natural position, lost the ball out often early on, but generally warmed to his new position

Hughes 6 - Passed well, tried hard, but didnt show enough creativity for me

Gudjonsson 6 - Was OK, the midfield seems much better orchestrated with him in it, although he did not do much of note all game

Smith 3 - Lazy, didn't like delivering the early ball, or shooting for that matter

Hammond 5 - The lad has no first touch, tried to played in the ' De Vries ' role, he tried but it didn't come off

Hume 7 - Sat deep, and collected alot of midfield board and turned it into attack, just lacked the cutting edge

Subs:

De Vries 4 - Crap

Caretaker Manager:

Rob Kelly 6 - Did well to drop the crock of shit players

Douglas 6 nothing to do all game. kicking not great though.

johansson 6 average. distribution not good. not sure he really wants to be at the club.

mccarthy 6 good first half but as soon as devries came on he just strated hoofing aimless long balls forward.

showed comittment though.

gerrbrand 5 shocking error for their goal otherwise ok but far from his best.

stearman 6 ok in the main

maybury 6 imo he didn't do too badly but clearly not a midfielder. not only lost form but also lost heart?

gudjonsson 4 hardly noticed him. already mentally left the club on current performances. contributed next

to nothing.

hughes 5 not great. tried to pass it around but except for the fantastic through ball for hammond to cock

up didn't really do it. too lightweight for a relegation scrap.

smith 1.5 shocking. on this form his confidence looks shot to pieces and proably wants back to arsenal.

never took anyone on. poor final ball if any. looked like he couldn't be arsed much of the time.

hammond 4 woeful. worked hard but terrible miss when one on one with the keepr. fell over too much.

hume 4.5 worked hard but did little to suggest he's the answer up front. hardly ever got into the penalty

area. never looked like he would be in a scoring position.

devries 4 simply not good enough.

Its all doom and gloom with you guys isn't it! Poor old Smithy, My gf came with me to the match and she knows nothing about football, but she can tell when someones trying and someones doing crap, Smith was on her trying list whereas Maybury was on the shit list.

Morbid match but I thought we were the better team.

No Williams = No creativity.

And why is it as soon as De Vreis comes on we play hoof and hope??!

Ok....

Douglas. 6 - Nothing to do till the 92nd minute, dissapointed to see him beat at the near post.

Stearman. 8 - Solid as usual, one of the better players.

McCarthy. 8 - Would be on an 9, solid game but was the main culprate of the long balls when De Vries arrived!

Maybury. 5 - Im not a fan, he loat the ball at vital times and his control let him down coming forward.

Johansson. 6 - solid game, just I wish he'd look up when he plays the ball out of trouble, countless times he'd just hoof it to no one when he could have passed it forward.

Gerbrand. 7 - Soild game like the others, was not at fault until the goal.

Hughes. 9 - The best player in a blue shirt on the day, calm in possession and rarely wasted it, I'd like to see him play a more central role more often. Possibly the only player other than Smith that looked threatening coming forward.

Smith. 8 - Good game, some silky touches were pulled off nicely and he scared the southampton defence. His faults lie in knowing when to shoot, a lovely run late on just need the bravery to shoot and we'd have been the celebrating side. Not worthy of the bad comments on this topic, quite possibly the only creativity we have when Williams isn't playing.

Gudjonnson. 6 - never in the match, the fire may have fizzled out.

Hume. 6 - Did very little to deserve more than a 6, good little plaer, just couldn't get any freedom.

Match highlight - when he took the southampton goalies legs off!

Hammond. 10 for effort, 5 for productivity - Runs all day doesnt he, bless! He's awful on the ball though, can't pass, can't shoot - hence why his goals so far have most been from 5 yards out. Would not be out of place in the 100 meter sprint. Did pressure the keeper well though.

Sub: De Vries. 6 - Very little impact, possibly would have liked to have seen O'Grady given a go instead.

Rob Kelly got hte tactics right on the day given the options available to him, i felt the players were still suffering from Craig Levein Syndrome though.

The Sooner we realise "If you don't shoot, you don't score!" the better!

Both teams were crap!

The second worst game of the season just ahead of the 0-0 draw against them before christmas!

Douglas 6

Stearman 5

McCarthy 6

Gerrbrand 6

Johansson 4 - How much does he weigh?

Maybury 2 - Wasted the best chance of the game!

Bad at full back, HORRIFIC in midfield!

Hughes 7 - At least tried to do something different

Gudjonsson 5

Smith 3 - Lazy, can tell he from Arsenal!

Hammond 4

Hume 5

SUB - De Vries 4

WORST FA CUP TIE OF THE ROUND FOR EXCITEMENT, WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME!

No player was particularly good or bad today apart from maybe Smith, he had a really poor game I thought.

Were you watching a different game :ermm: i thought he had a decnt game, corners were much much better and he made lots of forward runs, unlike anyone else, although they never came to anything!

Would'a goven him a 6

Douglas - 6

Was redundant for most of the game as Southampton were content with coming away with a replay. Only real shot he faced was that of Jones, where I feel he possibly could have got a stronger hand on it to divert the ball away.

Stearman - 6

Apart from one naive tackle in the first half, he was again composed at right back, but without making much of an impact going forward. That could be something to do with Maybury, who was garbage for most of the game.

McCarthy - 7

Commanding in the air and didn't put a foot wrong at the back. I was a bit annoyed with him in the first half when he got in the way of Stearman, who probably would have scored with a header when the Southampton players were appealing for offside.

Gerrbrand - 6

Struggled in the air at times, but wasn't overly exerted by their strikers in general. However, he was at fault for their goal as he missed a header from a long ball, which Jones latched on to and subsequently scored.

Johansson - 6

Played OK for large parts and got forward a bit more than usual. Only caught out once against the speedy Dyer.

Maybury - 4

I can see why Kelly played Maybury on the right wing, because he has shown at times (Particularly last season) that he's got forward well whilst playing at right back. However, he was poor, especially with his distribution and general play.

Gudjonsson - 6

An average game from Joey. Didn't impose himself and take a foothold of midfield as much as I would have liked.

Hughes - 5

Being played in his natural position in the centre, but he didn't make much of an impact. He showed some nice touches and made some good forward runs early on. His passing wasn't up to much though.

Smith - 4

Started off well, but was marked out of it as the game wore on. Only looked dangerous when he cut inside to run at the central defenders, but he was quickly crowded out. Crossing was fairly poor again.

Hume - 5

Plenty of good touches and link up play, but no final product.

Hammond - 3

He had a stinker, with his failure to hold the ball and find a team mate with a pass. Missed another clear cut opportunity in the second half.

Subs:

de Vries - 5

Looked lively when he came on, but the service from midfield was poor.

Archived