Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

The Six Nations Thread.

It's egg-chasing season! Who's going to be following the six nations then? The first teams are out for the weekend, our injury-ridden squad to face your miserable lot doesn't look too bad. Definately going to be fun popping into central London to watch this one in a bar.

Wales team to face England at Twickenham on Saturday: G Thomas (capt, Toulouse); M Jones (Scarlets), H Luscombe (Dragons), M Watkins (Scarlets), S Williams (Ospreys); S Jones (ASM Clermont Auvergne), D Peel (Scarlets); D Jones (Ospreys), R Thomas (Blues), A Jones (Ospreys), I Gough (Dragons), R Sidoli (Blues), C Charvis (Newcastle), M Williams (Blues), M Owen (Dragons).
England team to play Wales at Twickenham on Saturday:

J Lewsey (Wasps); M Cueto (Sale Sharks), J Noon (Newcastle), M Tindall (Gloucester), B Cohen (Northampton); C Hodgson (Sale Sharks), H Ellis (Leicester); A Sheridan (Sale Sharks), S Thompson (Northampton), M Stevens (Bath); S Borthwick (Bath), D Grewcock (Bath); J Worsley (Wasps), L Moody (Leicester), M Corry (capt, Leicester).

From the BBC.

Other first-round fixtures are: Ireland vs. Italy and France vs. Scotland.

It's egg-chasing season! Who's going to be following the six nations then? The first teams are out for the weekend, our injury-ridden squad to face your miserable lot doesn't look too bad. Definately going to be fun popping into central London to watch this one in a bar.

From the BBC.

Other first-round fixtures are: Ireland vs. Italy and France vs. Scotland.

Haha making your excuses already :P

Haha. It's an excuse that even the trashy, biased, English media have been making for us for weeks. To be fair, we genuinely have had half the team either injured or banned since the Six Nations. Luscombe at center? /o\

PS: Don't get me wrong - you're still going to lose.

cant belive robinson has stuck with tindell and noon , id have played lewsey at centre and considered voyce at full back .

should still have enough to beat the injury savaged welsh , i dont think henson is a massive miss for them but ryan jones will be , jones is awesome . cockbain will be missed too.

england to beat wales by 10 points

france for the grand slam i reckon

England will play the most un-attractive, stick-it-up-your-jumper-and-punt-for-touch rugby the Six Nations has ever seen. Quite frankly, they've got the fourth best backs in the tournament and aren't good enough to win. However, unfortunately, your forwards are plenty good enough to win it single handed, and they may.

Despite our injuries, our back line is still a million times better than England's, England have no answer for Peel and Jones. But if the Welsh pack can't win ball, I think we may actually lose. It's all about the forwards, and if ours perform - we'll run riot.

A higher scorer than last year, Wales to clip it by 6 or so points.

England will play the most un-attractive, stick-it-up-your-jumper-and-punt-for-touch rugby the Six Nations has ever seen. Quite frankly, they've got the fourth best backs in the tournament and aren't good enough to win. However, unfortunately, your forwards are plenty good enough to win it single handed, and they may.

Despite our injuries, our back line is still a million times better than England's, England have no answer for Peel and Jones. But if the Welsh pack can't win ball, I think we may actually lose. It's all about the forwards, and if ours perform - we'll run riot.

A higher scorer than last year, Wales to clip it by 6 or so points.

for me i aint worried about stephen jones as i aint a big fan , he wasnt great last week against the tigers for clemont , but the 2 welshmen i fear the most are shane williams and dwayne peel.

williams on his day is class , he was treated badly on the lions tour and in his 1st tour match i think he scored 4 ,

peel is dynamic and has plenty of guile to find openings and it will be a great battle with harry ellis

englands backs give me cause for concern , for me a better back line would have been

------------------voyce---------------------

varndell------lewsey-------abbott----cueto

that would have helped for running expansive rugby but instead tindell is in for some ridicoulous reason :ermm:

First and foremost: "Oh fock, not another one". Ceri Sweeney adds his name to the injury list. :(

As for Wales' finish; it's difficult to call, really. This time last year everyone wrote off Wales - but we beat England and got the confidence to go on. We've got France, Italy and Scotland at home, too, so success in Twickenham again could have the same galvanization and the home draws will help. We've got greater squad depth than we're being credited for and we'll still be playing fast, electric, offload-in-the-tackle rugby which opposite back lines will need to be on their A-Game to stop.

That said, with so much expectation in Wales for Wales to do the Grand Slam and not just win the Six Nations, if we fall at the first hurdle and lose to England - which I hate to admit is a strong possibility, if we're not really on form (because, admit it or not - the Welsh injury / suspention list IS insane) - then I think our campaign could collapse.

Realistically, though, you've got to have the French as favourites. It's the same old Grand Slam cliché as always - "it depends which French side shows up" - but I think they're establishing some consistency and back-to-back victories over England in consecutive years should give them the foothold to do it again.

As for England vs. Wales, backs and forwards. Jones is very much influenced by the quality of the side around him and Clermont are poor. Don't write him off on that game, his Six Nations last year was incredible and if you want to look at Leicester vs. Jones games, look no further than Llanelli's hammering of the Tigers in Stradey Park a few years back when Jonesy booted Andy Goode's awful kicking (this is pre-his move to Sarries) off the field. Peel is indeed electric, but he'll need to be on-show, Ellis is a sharp opperator. Fortunately for us, Peel is enormously more consitent and experienced and should have the edge on Ellis.

Looking at England's backs, the only player I'd consider truly, truly World Class is Lewsey - and even he's over-rated.

As for Welshmen to fear, this year's surprise package should be Matthew Watkins of Llanelli Scarlets. I've probably just jynxed his tournament now, but he had an excelent autumn and if he's on-song he'll be a dangerous runner. Oh, and never, ever, ever forget to mention Alfie as a one to watch. ;)

Dwayne Peel, caps: 41, grand slams: 1, debut: 2001. Full Lions honours. Harry Ellis, caps: 8, grand slams: 0, debut: 2004.

And I had Tigers season tickets four years running, I might be Welsh but I do know the Tigers inside out. Ellis doesn't have the same level of consistency and CERTAINLY not the same level of maturity as Dwayne Peel.

ellis vs peel will be exciting contest , ellis is a cracking player but i watched peel on the lions tour and for scarlets vs toulouse last week and he is the key to the welsh .

i still fancy us strongly at twickers thou

Hawdd Hawdd Hawdd Hawdd :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

(hawdd means easy in welsh apparently)

england 47-13 wales

didnt expect to hand the welsh such a thrashing . just watched the video recording and wales need to get there players fit quickly or they may struggle to beat the improving italians at the minute

The first 30 mins of the Italy vs Ireland game I saw before I went to the footie (1-0 lol), the Italians really impressed me. They are fast improving, were very physical and very quick on the counter and to the breakdown. Normally the Italians or the Scots are the whipping boys of the 6 nations, that may well change soon if the Italians can keep that sort of performance up against Wales (if they don't buck their ideas up) and the Scots.

Dwayne Peel, caps: 41, grand slams: 1, debut: 2001. Full Lions honours. Harry Ellis, caps: 8, grand slams: 0, debut: 2004.

And I had Tigers season tickets four years running, I might be Welsh but I do know the Tigers inside out. Ellis doesn't have the same level of consistency and CERTAINLY not the same level of maturity as Dwayne Peel.

;);););););):thumbup:

'cos your a birrof a fag thats why you were drinking smirnoff ice's down the pub :cool:

Whatever Minger.

You ever heard of capital letters , your spelling and grammer is a ****in disgrace.

Archived