Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Superbowl XL Thread

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Seattle Seahawks in Detroit.

Come on you steelers!!!

And FAO JoBeck, i heard a rumour that Shaun Alexander will hold talks with the Minnesota Vikings because his contract runs out after this year. care to shed any light on this?

The Vikings have expressed interest in signing Alexander but that's all I know--there haven't been any comments from Alexander's side about what his plans are. A good Super Bowl performance will certainly raise Alexander's market value.

The two-week wait for the Super Bowl is so tedious... The intense end of the season followed by do-or-die playoff games... and two weeks of overanalysis, hype and tedious press conferences. OK, ESPN, by now, we all know that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit and might win the Super Bowl in his home city in his last game, so can you go five minutes without mentioning that--in a college basketball telecast?

I'm not going to count out Seattle--I thought they'd fold in the playoffs but they've been impressive.

BTW the city of Detroit honored Bettis by awarding him a "Key to the City"--who was the last man to earn that honor? Saddam Hussein in 1980. :P

The Vikings have expressed interest in signing Alexander but that's all I know--there haven't been any comments from Alexander's side about what his plans are. A good Super Bowl performance will certainly raise Alexander's market value.

The two-week wait for the Super Bowl is so tedious... The intense end of the season followed by do-or-die playoff games... and two weeks of overanalysis, hype and tedious press conferences. OK, ESPN, by now, we all know that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit and might win the Super Bowl in his home city in his last game, so can you go five minutes without mentioning that--in a college basketball telecast?

I'm not going to count out Seattle--I thought they'd fold in the playoffs but they've been impressive.

BTW the city of Detroit honored Bettis by awarding him a "Key to the City"--who was the last man to earn that honor? Saddam Hussein in 1980. :P

I know - its almost too much hype and waiting for the game, i hope we get a thrilling one this year although i fancy the Steelers to run away with it - im going 27 - 9

Bill Cowher can appear a bit rugged and overly compassionate sometimes - but hey, at least he cares about his team and is the 2nd most successful Steelers manager in history.

Every single newspaper here on the West Coast is Seahawks-biased. 30 years in the league without a Super Bowl, underdogs, mediocre team, phoenix from the ashes, etc. etc. In the end, I believe they're overhyped although I cherish the fact that they made it this far - serves all the other stinky teams right.

I predict a close, but deserved win for the Steelers. 24-21 in the end.

Bill Cowher can appear a bit rugged and overly compassionate sometimes - but hey, at least he cares about his team and is the 2nd most successful Steelers manager in history.

Every single newspaper here on the West Coast is Seahawks-biased. 30 years in the league without a Super Bowl, underdogs, mediocre team, phoenix from the ashes, etc. etc. In the end, I believe they're overhyped although I cherish the fact that they made it this far - serves all the other stinky teams right.

I predict a close, but deserved win for the Steelers. 24-21 in the end.

I've won money on the Seachickens the last 2 weeks. The bookies are giving 4 pts...I think it's a very good bet. The Steelers quarterback is a bit on the young side and experience is everything with QBs. I'm gonna continue to ride the feathered horse all the way to the bank!

Don't understand it

stop start stop start... gheyyy

put them up against Leicester tigers and SMACK lol tulangi et all.

Still watching it though, will try to pick up the rules as it goes along... oh no wait, FAMILY GUY ON BBC2 yeaaaaa

I have to say it aint the most thrilling game of yanky football i've seen, might be tempted to go to bed at half time. ( Espically as I doubt I i will be able to put up with the tedious 30 min half time when I have work at 9 )

I phoned up to say I would be late. :D:D;):thumbup:

I have to say it aint the most thrilling game of yanky football i've seen, might be tempted to go to bed at half time. ( Espically as I doubt I i will be able to put up with the tedious 30 min half time when I have work at 9 )

Same here mate , cept I have to be at work for 8.30 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Archived