Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

If holloway becomes boss

Return my season ticket under the The Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Where It's states that my product (my season ticket) is 'not as described' and 'not fit for purpose'

not as described is my product when purchased I would never have purchased it if I knew he was taking over'

Not fit for purpose..... hollyway AINT!

I'll sue there asses!

You have been warned CITY!

:whistle:

I will claim the monies back for the remaining games

Return my season ticket under the The Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Where It's states that my product (my season ticket) is 'not as described' and 'not fit for purpose'

not as described is my product when purchased I would never have purchased it if I knew he was taking over'

Not fit for purpose..... hollyway AINT!

I'll sue there asses!

You have been warned CITY!

:whistle:

I will claim the monies back for the remaining games

So why didn't you take it back when Levein was manager?

Agreed, at the end of the day whoever becomes manager I will support the club ..... however I still feel we should voice our issues with any appointment before they happen !

yeah true , i desperatly want newell in charge here , but if we get holloway i will still go every week and support my club , no need for people threatening to boycott/ send season tickets back

The people posting these types of messages are pathetic and should be ashamed of themselves.

I hope you do all leave and don't come back, we don't need fans like you.

For once I agree with you. Although often they say them at the heat of the moment and if they did face the situation they wouldn't actually do what they say they would.

yeah true , i desperatly want newell in charge here , but if we get holloway i will still go every week and support my club , no need for people threatening to boycott/ send season tickets back

Yeah I would like to see Newell, but if the board choose Holloway, then I will give the guy a chance, he can't be any worse the CL or even the Monkey Head !

Yeah I would like to see Newell, but if the board choose Holloway, then I will give the guy a chance, he can't be any worse the CL or even the Monkey Head !

I agree Polyphonic but if you don't want someone in charge there's no point in complaining after he has arrived.

Well you're all entitled to your opinions and I respect that.

But to call me pathetic just because I will not be associated with a particular manager on principle; a manager who put me in a position where for the first time ever I wanted to leave a game at half-time because of the dishonest, nasty tactics being displayed by his team on his instructions well I think that says more about you than me.

I have pride in my association with Leicester City Football Club and too often recently that pride has been hurt by the club in pursuit of success at the expense of good behaviour and justice. We are already considered by many as the scum and pariahs of the football world. I as a fan believe that our association with this type of person will only enforce that opinion in the minds of the general populace, if you're happy with that, fine but my standards and level of pride are pitched somewhat higher. If I need to threaten the club to ensure my principles are satisfied then that is what I will do. I do not want success at any price!

As for not wanting fans like me well maybe we don't want fans like you who are not prepared to accept the genuine heartfelt views of fellow fans without resorting to name calling.

If I'm a fan you can do without maybe I shouldn't have attended all those games since 1962 during which that time I’ve missed very few home games and regularly attended away games. I'm sure the club will survive without that level of loyalty.

But I'm sure your not interested in the views of someone who is pathetic enough to have principles and to stick with them whatever the consequences.

But to call me pathetic just because I will not be associated with a particular manager on principle; a manager who put me in a position where for the first time ever I wanted to leave a game at half-time because of the dishonest, nasty tactics being displayed by his team on his instructions well I think that says more about you than me.

I have pride in my association with Leicester City Football Club and too often recently that pride has been hurt by the club in pursuit of success at the expense of good behaviour and justice. We are already considered by many as the scum and pariahs of the football world. I as a fan believe that our association with this type of person will only enforce that opinion in the minds of the general populace, if you're happy with that, fine but my standards and level of pride are pitched somewhat higher. If I need to threaten the club to ensure my principles are satisfied then that is what I will do. I do not want success at any price!

As for not wanting fans like me well maybe we don't want fans like you who are not prepared to accept the genuine heartfelt views of fellow fans without resorting to name calling.

If I'm a fan you can do without maybe I shouldn't have attended all those games since 1962 during which that time I’ve missed very few home games and regularly attended away games. I'm sure the club will survive without that level of loyalty.

But I'm sure your not interested in the views of someone who is pathetic enough to have principles and to stick with them whatever the consequences.

Was it a one off though?

I do remember last season when we played them that they played awful football but I can't remember whether they were cheating or not?

i respect your opinion also and you make good points . personally i couldnt turn my back on the club due to a managerial choice . this club holds a lot of weight in my life and it would take more that a reputation of a managers past and not giving him a chance to maybe change for me to give the club up

Was it a one off though?

I do remember last season when we played them that they played awful football but I can't remember whether they were cheating or not?

Well I remember it well and this is an extract of what I posted at that time, it took me weeks to get over that feeling and to expect me to welcome the manager, who was the prime cause of that with open arms to become manager of the football club I support is not only unacceptable by would also be hypocritcal in the extreme.

Is it the end for me?

Has my 40-year love affair with football finally died? There are but just a few dying embers left in my heart.

Today is a milestone in my support, it's the first time ever that I've wanted to leave a football match at half-time, I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I've even wanted to leave early. It's the first time ever that I've not been interested in the other results, this from someone who likes to keep abreast of all the top flight English Leagues. I'm so disgusted with today that I couldn't even listen to the results on the radio.

Well what about today/

QPR, if diving, cheating and play-acting is what you've sunk to in order to win a match then frankly you've reached the bottom of the cesspit of football. I'd be ashamed to be one of their supporters. Stan Bowles must be crying in his sleep.

I can accept losing, I can accept some periods of poor play but football is taking the piss if it thinks that collective display today had anything remotely to do with football and to then expect people to pay significant sums of money to see it, well unless someone can relight those dying embers for me they will not being seeing much more of my hard earned cash, I'll gladly give it to someone else.

i respect your opinion also and you make good points . personally i couldnt turn my back on the club due to a managerial choice . this club holds a lot of weight in my life and it would take more that a reputation of a managers past and not giving him a chance to maybe change for me to give the club up

Well we're no different in that respect it also holds a great weight in my life, so great that I will not let it be dragged down into the gutter it is currently trying to remove itself from.

It would not be me giving up my support it would be the club dispensing with it. They know mine and other supporter's feeling if they don't respect those views and if their feelings for the club are so low to even allow this sort of gossip and rumour to be associated with the club then frankly they shouldn't be the guardians of LCFC.

I really can't see whats so wrong with Holloway I have a couple of mates who are QPR fans and he's done wonders there and their fans genuinly liked the guy. Can't really see the 'nasty tactics' argument either I've seen em play some good football.

He's not my first choice but i certainly won't be upset if we get him

It was meant to be a joke based on the sales of goods act...

Get a life!

I dont want a southern farmer from bristol who drink cider on friday nights running my club!

Oh thats a joke also..... :o

You may well be joking but I suspect most weren't, I have a life thank you very much and it doesn't include telling others to get a life.

Oh thats a joke also..... :o

Davie, the club needs people with principles but please don't give up going.

Following on from your earlier posts I watched QPR closely last Tuesday and yes they take things to the extremes at times. They also played some good stuff.

When it comes to cheating, we have our own culprits also. Both Joey and Smithy go down too easily and Tiatto isn't renowned for his finesse in a tackle.

We tolerate it though for the greater good.

Holloway coming in as manager will not excite me but I'll keep going and I'd like to think that somewhere in the Walkers you'll be there too in order that you can keep giving your valuable insights to the rest of us and more importantly continuing the tradition that you have followed for the last 40+ years.

That tradition has helped make you the person you are. I'd rather have you there as a critical voice than not there at all.

Well I wouldn't worry about Holloway. We've come out and said were no closer to finding a manager despite mr Holloway being given extra time to tend to his cabbage patch. If we were so keen to employ a bold headed, twat from the West Country we would of at least linked ourselves to one when availble.

Davie, the club needs people with principles but please don't give up going.

Following on from your earlier posts I watched QPR closely last Tuesday and yes they take things to the extremes at times. They also played some good stuff.

When it comes to cheating, we have our own culprits also. Both Joey and Smithy go down too easily and Tiatto isn't renowned for his finesse in a tackle.

We tolerate it though for the greater good.

Holloway coming in as manager will not excite me but I'll keep going and I'd like to think that somewhere in the Walkers you'll be there too in order that you can keep giving your valuable insights to the rest of us and more importantly continuing the tradition that you have followed for the last 40+ years.

That tradition has helped make you the person you are. I'd rather have you there as a critical voice than not there at all.

Well I doubt it will come to that, but never the less unless fans are prepared to take the ultimate sacrifice, i.e to forfeit going to matches the people that run football, as has already been shown in so many other areas of the game will ride rough shod over us all.

It's no use pussy footing around the only thing that seems to bother them is to get paying customers through the door therefore I see it as a genuine, worthwhile and in fact the only threat they would listen to.

I am fully in support of Davie G's stance. As a City supporter of 38 years standing I have now e-mailed Tim Davies to express my deep concerns at the possible appointment of Holloway. It is too late to express your views when the deed is done.

It wouldn't stop me going to the Walkers but I want to at least see an attempt to play good football.

Its got to be given to Newell...if not then Rob Kelly until the end of the season and keep everything crossed.

My email to Tim Davies:

-------------------------------------------

Tim,

I have been a fan of the club for many years and will follow you through thick and thin but would be utterly distraught if Ian Holloway was made our new manager as reported in News of the World today.

I am certainly not alone in this - take a look at a thread on this on the Foxestalk forum - not a single good word top be said about him: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...pic=16434&st=40

To give my humble opinion Mike Newell or Martin Allen would be my preferred choice of manager (or obviously Neil Lennon with an experienced assistant) but if neither of these two were available I'd be happy to let Rob Kelly carry on whilst the results are going in our favour.

I wouldn't normally email you because I'm sure you must be inundated with messages from fans but this report really did terrify me - please, please ensure that Holloway isn't the new man (or Peter Reid, John Gregory, Gudjon Thordason, Gary McCallister or any of the other dodgy names that have been bandied about for that matter).

Thanks for taking the time to read this - I know money at the club is tight bt if there is one area that we cannot scrimp on it's the manager - I'd rather have a good manager and no new signings for a year than a poor, underachieving one and money available for transfers.

Regards,

Steve Wilson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And his reply:

----------------------------------------------------------

agree with you re the good manager , dont believe all you read in the papers

----------------------------------------------------------

A very good sign and certainly a relief for me

Archived