Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Kisnorbo puts club before country

Kisnorbo Puts Club Before Country

Patrick Kisnorbo has pulled out of the Australia squad for their upcoming friendly clash against Bahrain on February 22.

The match comes just three days ahead of City's Championship fixture against Ipswich Town at Portman Road, and the player has taken steps to withdraw from the party in a bid to help the club's plight against relegation.

Caretaker manager Rob Kelly said: "Patrick is keen to play for Australia in the World Cup this summer, but he understands that his need here is greater at the moment, so after careful deliberation I have decided to withdraw him from the squad.

"I have spoken to Graham Arnold (Australia Assistant Coach) to make him aware of our situation and although he is disappointed that Patrick will not be going he does understand the bigger picture and he has agreed to monitor the progress of the player."

Kisnorbo has earned rave reviews after switching to centre half for City's last two games - picking up the man of the match award in the 1-0 victory over Wolves at the weekend.

The 24-year-old joined the club from Hearts on a free transfer during the summer.

lcfc.com

A few weeks ago we would have been wishing he'd go to play for them! Good on him, hope it doesn't affect his world cup chances though.

But don't you get the feeling that if it was a friendly against a big nation he'd be there in a flash!

Missing a friendly against a piss poor team like Bahrain is not exactly magnanimous!

They were 1 goal away from reaching the finals :P:smile:

But don't you get the feeling that if it was a friendly against a big nation he'd be there in a flash!

Missing a friendly against a piss poor team like Bahrain is not exactly magnanimous!

But he's a fringe player desperate to get in World cup squad.

Haha, I think you're right about that... Aw man, I've just reminded myself how much drab football there's going to be on show this WC :(

I know I'm taking the first 3 weeks in June off work to go on Holiday and just looked at who England will be playing whilst I'm away.

I'm gonna make the most of the 6 nations, cause it'll be the only bit of excitement we'll have in sport until at least the 1/4 finals of the World Cup, unless of course you like Figure Skating or bloody Curling :whistle:

I know I'm taking the first 3 weeks in June off work to go on Holiday and just looked at who England will be playing whilst I'm away.

I'm gonna make the most of the 6 nations, cause it'll be the only bit of excitement we'll have in sport until at least the 1/4 finals of the World Cup, unless of course you like Figure Skating or bloody Curling :whistle:

I like the sound of that :thumbup::P

Actually its an Asian Cup qualifying match.

The first one and the finals are in 2007.

They are like you know Euro.

Well good on him for staying, although it sounds like it might have been Kelly who kept him back. Hope he gets to the WC, I always like seing Leicester players in the WC or Euro (remember Dabizas' superb bench warming for the victorious Greeks in 04).

Well good on him for staying, although it sounds like it might have been Kelly who kept him back. Hope he gets to the WC, I always like seing Leicester players in the WC or Euro (remember Dabizas' superb bench warming for the victorious Greeks in 04).

He was going to start if hadn't got injured a fe days before their first match! How different things would have been. ;)

He was going to start if hadn't got injured a fe days before their first match! How different things would have been. ;)

I didn't know that tbh, i just thought it proved he wasn't really very good. I was really more imprssed by watching how much better Theo Zagorakis was than I had remembered. :D

Archived