Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

This Job That Nee Bugger Wants

It's quite blatant that there aren't many takers out there to become Leicester's new manager and that concerns me greatly. But the alarming and disturbing thing is that just imagine if we hadn't won the past 2 games, we'd be right in the shit. Atleast now we have a fighting chance to stay up, but we still cannot attract a decent manager that doesn't carry a massive risk.

Although it would be easy to jump the gun abit and say that Kelly is the saviour, I think we need to count ourselves very lucky that he's had a good effect on our players otherwise we'd be in the drop zone, without a manager and a duff caretaker manager who the fans want out. The board would no doubt panic and get Peter Pan Reid in and it would spell the end for the club.

I would gamble on giving it Kelly now until the summer, or do you think that might make him rest on his laurels and he wouldn't have the desired effect he's having now? If so when will the novelty of Kelly wear off?

It now makes these next 2 games so important.

The job would be more attractive if we're guarenteed championship football next season, managers don't want the job because they could potentialy get dragged down to the lower leagues and why would they risk that when they all don't have to worry about that situation with their current clubs.

I think Rob Kelly can do the job but by giving him that responsibility of keeping us up could amount massive pressure on his shoulders and he could crumble.

The only the thing we can do is carry on winning.

It's quite blatant that there aren't many takers out there to become Leicester's new manager and that concerns me greatly. But the alarming and disturbing thing is that just imagine if we hadn't won the past 2 games, we'd be right in the shit. Atleast now we have a fighting chance to stay up, but we still cannot attract a decent manager that doesn't carry a massive risk.

Although it would be easy to jump the gun abit and say that Kelly is the saviour, I think we need to count ourselves very lucky that he's had a good effect on our players otherwise we'd be in the drop zone, without a manager and a duff caretaker manager who the fans want out. The board would no doubt panic and get Peter Pan Reid in and it would spell the end for the club.

I would gamble on giving it Kelly now until the summer, or do you think that might make him rest on his laurels and he wouldn't have the desired effect he's having now? If so when will the novelty of Kelly wear off?

No more than they ever were in reality but certainly brings them more into focus.

Keep Kelly Guessing - that should be our campaign to the board.

Bring in an experienced coach to assist Kelly/Stowell, on a short term basis to assist, but ensure his contract is a short term oriented one. Perhaps a 'pay-per-game' kinda thing. The idea would be to keep this setup for the rest of the season, but don't let it be known to the coaching staff - it'll ease the pressure and keep them on their toes.

Maybe you could tell them they're in charge til the end of the season - a week before the final game. :P

The main worry is that if Rob Kelly does keep us up then would the board get rid of him anyway? Or would they then make it permanent and quite rightly so. But then we could well find ourselves in the same situation as we are in now, if Kelly's honeymoon period as manager then disperses we would be forced to sack him and look for another manager.

It's a very tricky situation.

The main worry is that if Rob Kelly does keep us up then would the board get rid of him anyway? Or would they then make it permanent and quite rightly so. But then we could well find ourselves in the same situation as we are in now, if Kelly's honeymoon period as manager then disperses we would be forced to sack him and look for another manager.

Finding a manager is always tricky - the risk of rapid decline after a honeymoon period is always there.

Look at Alan Perrin - last few games of last season looked OK for him. First few games of the next season were total, utter w*nkfodder. Way to go Mr Mandaric, you halfwit. lol

I agree. I just hope that the recent events turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I have been for Kelly for a fortnight or so now. He is the right man to instill passion in our already sufficient squad. He doesnt feel hard done by with not being able to make his own team because he's been in the set up for a while. His get rid attitude to half arsed players has impressed me, and I'm interested to see what happens to Momo if and when he plays.

It always is a very tricky situation though isn't it. Who do we appoint when do we appoint them how long do we give them ect, is a question thats going to be asked of every manager, not just Rob Kelly.

I for one am pretty tired of thinking about who or next manager could be and I got fed up with rumours after the Cotterill nonsense.

One thing is for sure the board have to go back to the drawing board today after being knocked back by Newell and I think that means Kelly will be in Charge at Brighton and more then likely for the visit of Derby as well. I say let him have those games, if we win both offer him a short term contract till the end of the season. win and a draw, would be fine by me any way.

even if the board have no intention of hiring RK the least they can do is step back have a long think about what they're doing and draw up a half decent short list. Instead of looking at the championship table and ringing them all up in decending order to ask if we can have their manager. Three weeks careful research wouldn't kill them.

The main problem is we are running out of options, the more managers that turn us down the more lightly we are to end up with Peter Reid if we panic.

Newell was, I believe, City's preferred choice because of the kind of football he might have brought to the Walkers and the genuine belief that he might have steered us towards Premiership football.

I cannot think of anyone else who inspires the same feelings.

I am not sure we should finally give up on never getting him but, for now, I can see no sense in not sticking with Rob Kelly.

The players clearly want to play for him and he knows their capabilities better than anyone.

At this stage what benefit would any newcomer be likely to offer?

Unusually I don't think the novelty will wear off. Rob Kelly has this one big chance in the managerial limelight. This is his once chance of the big time and although he plays it down, I am quite sure he is as keen to succeed as any other manager.

The thing is that this chance came out of nowhere. Even when he was asked to be caretaker I am sure he accepted that it could well be a short appointment. But the football Gods smiled. Two potential managers have dropped out and Kelly, meanwhile has delivered results.

One more result and surely he will be sure of having further chance to prove he can do the job longer term.

Leicester may still change direction in the summer, they may not. But for Kelly this is his one big chance to put himself in the window whatever happens.

The novelty will last a good while yet. And good luck to him, by the way. He wasn't my choice, I wanted Newell, but I am thrilled that he has done well and hope that his star keeps shining. I also hope he proves me wrong and proves to be exactly the visionary man that Leicester need.

Archived