Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

O'Grady Pens New Deal

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~784464,00.html

City striker Chris O'Grady has today signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2007-08 season.

O'Grady, who is a product of the club's Academy system, has made the breakthrough to the first team squad following a successful loan spell with Rushden & Diamonds last year.

The 20-year-old forward has come off the bench four times since returning from Nene Park - most recently in the 2-1 victory over Brighton at the Withdean Stadium.

And boss Rob Kelly has rewarded the Nottingham-born striker with a new deal following some eye-catching performances.

Kelly said: "Chris has come on leaps and bounds this season and he is very much part of our future plans.

"He gained valuable experience whilst on loan with Rushden and since returning he has forced his way into the first team squad.

"At the moment we have four strikers at the club and each of them is desperate to play. That's a healthy position for us to be in."

In total O'Grady has made five appearances for the Foxes, but has failed to get off the mark in the goalscoring charts. He made 20 league starts during his three-month loan spell at Rushden, scoring four times.

This is good news, he seems to be a strong and intelligent player, I hope he gets more first team action next season.

It's also good that we seem to be retaining these youngsters, shows that the atmosphere within the squad must be pretty good.

It wasn't so long ago that we were writing off O'Grady. Credit to him for improving his game and earning the new deal.

Whenever he has came on i have always been very impressed. Very clever player, holds the ball up well. I'm glad we have him wrapped up now. Hopefully he wont be another Tommy Wright

Excellent news. He's impressed me this season and has worked so hard on his game within the past year or so. I almost wrote him off as it appeared he was on his way out but thanks to Rob Kelly he's given him the chance to prove himself at this level and he has shown glimpses of being capable with more hard work.

If he could get himself a goal or two then we could see a player who gets better and better as he gets older.

Well. Somone makes a comment on this board about needing to get O'Grady to sign a contract and within hours, he does. :thumbup:

i was bored and wanted to see how the contractual situation was regarding our players on the o.s.

according to the o.s. stearman needs to be signed up to a new , longer contract too.

i was bored and wanted to see how the contractual situation was regarding our players on the o.s.

according to the o.s. stearman needs to be signed up to a new , longer contract too.

Stearman signed a new 3 and a half year deal this season after originally signing a 3 year deal last season.

Wesolowski needs to sign a new one. I know he signed a 5 year dela with us when he joined us but i'm sure he signed that in October 2001 which would mean it runs out this year? The OS said he joined in 2002 but i'm sure he actually agreed to join us the year before, let's hope the contract wasn't from then though and actually from the summer of 2002, even so he should be put on a longer deal with a few more quid to drive him on in his rehabilitation.

if he recovers well then im guessing there will be a deal waiting on the table for him.

probably would have signed this week like o'grady but for his injury.

Surely that should have been the case the first time round about a month or so ago? It was rumoured on here that his dad had told someone that he's been forced to take a paycut, which can't be true as he's only on an a scholarship anyway i'm sure of it.

Surely that should have been the case the first time round about a month or so ago? It was rumoured on here that his dad had told someone that he's been forced to take a paycut, which can't be true as he's only on an a scholarship anyway i'm sure of it.

im guessing that with all the problems at the club over the past two months certain contracts were put on the back burner.

now we have a settled management team for the rest of this season contracts will be sorted out.

im guessing that with all the problems at the club over the past two months certain contracts were put on the back burner.

now we have a settled management team for the rest of this season contracts will be sorted out.

Porter and Sheehan both signed new deals a few weeks ago well before Wesolowski's second injury and at the time he was playing first team football!

Porter and Sheehan both signed new deals a few weeks ago well before Wesolowski's second injury and at the time he was playing first team football!

Contract talks aren't always smooth. Some can be done and dusted quickly some may hit stumbling blocks. The fact that Wesolowski had broken into the first team may have meant some bonuses were added which players like Porter and Sheehan, who haven't established themselves yet, didn't have in their contracts.

Contract talks aren't always smooth. Some can be done and dusted quickly some may hit stumbling blocks. The fact that Wesolowski had broken into the first team may have meant some bonuses were added which players like Porter and Sheehan, who haven't established themselves yet, didn't have in their contracts.

Yeah probably. I would just like clarification on when his contract expires.

Archived