Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Leeds Match Thread

Just like to echo those comments already made about being proud of the players today they absolutely worked their socks off.

Was surprised Leeds didn't really go for it when we went down to ten.

And as for Paddy it was terrible defending and for all you saying the sending off was harsh - take off your Leicester City hats and admit he had to go it may not have been malicious but it was clumsy to say the least and a professional foul. If Butler had done the same at the other end and not been sent off I would have been furious.

Cracking game of football. Every player was a star. Yes mcCarthy did deserve to go, was last defender. Just sorry it happened so early in the game. But it was gona happen one day with his style of play. If ogrady had gone down in the box instead of staying on his feet, im sure we'd of have a peno in the 2nd half. We could've knicked it in the end, but well happy with a point. Thought leeds wernt nothing special at all, couldn't do alot against 10 men. Fryatt took that ball full in the face from all of 10 yards, so i suspect he was well grogy and got subbed. Hendo needs to work on his kicking. This team with a bit of tweaking in the close season looks genuine top 6 next season. Getting really excited with Kelly in charge, every game we are getting better. The crowd was rock on today, which i think helped the team going for those last 15 minetes.......

So proud to be a leicester fan again. The kop was superb fooookin brilliant.

The team did the fans proud, who says the walkers is too quiet? The library under Levein has been turned in to a rollercoaster ride by Kelly in just a couple of matches and we really could have had 2 wins out of two. Let's stick with Kelly.

Cracking game of football. Every player was a star. Yes mcCarthy did deserve to go, was last defender. Just sorry it happened so early in the game. But it was gona happen one day with his style of play. If ogrady had gone down in the box instead of staying on his feet, im sure we'd of have a peno in the 2nd half. We could've knicked it in the end, but well happy with a point. Thought leeds wernt nothing special at all, couldn't do alot against 10 men. Fryatt took that ball full in the face from all of 10 yards, so i suspect he was well grogy and got subbed. Hendo needs to work on his kicking. This team with a bit of tweaking in the close season looks genuine top 6 next season. Getting really excited with Kelly in charge, every game we are getting better. The crowd was rock on today, which i think helped the team going for those last 15 minetes.......

Totally agree, cannot fault any player today, work rate was brilliant, we never let them get a hold of the match, even Tiatto was more disciplined and not so reckless, the future looks good for us; amazing at the difference after Rob Kelly took over, Great game lads! :cool:

Im happy to be a leicester fan, but, ive heard people talking of us getting playoffs next season. I think after the summer, itll be a fresh start and until we paly our first few games, i am not going to make any predictions. As the year we came down, we where joint favourites with wolves, promotion looked certain before the season started, compared to teams in the league.

Id give it 3 games but like others have said, looks promising.

Now I have seen the Championship, it is clear it was a penalty but how the referee could say MCarthy was the last man is a mystery to me. Surely that could only be the reason why McCarthy would have been sent off. :huh::unsure::whistle::ph34r:

Well he proved that he didn't see it when he sent Kisnorbo off instead at the end of the day Penalty or not a referee has to be 100% sure and from where he was he obviosly couldn't be as he didn't see who made the tackle or richard Stearman!!

if he isn't 100% he should ask his "assistant referee" but he didn't even look at him

Well he proved that he didn't see it when he sent Kisnorbo off instead at the end of the day Penalty or not a referee has to be 100% sure and from where he was he obviosly couldn't be as he didn't see who made the tackle or richard Stearman!!

if he isn't 100% he should ask his "assistant referee" but he didn't even look at him

totally awsome - today. Came down from Chester and was so proud of it all - great fans great spirit great performance and despite bias that surely has to be one of the worst refereeing performances!!!

Even the free kick v Leeds on the Championship in 73 wasn't a free kick!!

Kelly has to be applauded for how he's turned the team around - eieieio up the Football league we go.....

shaggers down to the trees

robkelly's blueandwhitearmy

Classic case of a bloke refereeing with his whistle instead of his brain. Did you see how Gary Kelly, the Leeds full back, consoled McCarthy when he was sent off? I got the feeling he thought it was a ridiculous decision too.

He ruined what had all the hallmarks of a brilliant game simply by refusing to use common sense.

Nor was it his only bad decision. Stearman, O'Grady, Tiatto when he levelled that bloke on the touchline the list was endless.

Where the football authorities find these people I don't know although I did FA coaching courses in my time and there were people on those who were getting badges yet who never had the slightest idea of how to play or how to teach.

I imagine it is the same with referees because he wasn't the first bad one we've had at The Walkers this season.

Classic case of a bloke refereeing with his whistle instead of his brain. Did you see how Gary Kelly, the Leeds full back, consoled McCarthy when he was sent off? I got the feeling he thought it was a ridiculous decision too.

He ruined what had all the hallmarks of a brilliant game simply by refusing to use common sense.

Nor was it his only bad decision. Stearman, O'Grady, Tiatto when he levelled that bloke on the touchline the list was endless.

Where the football authorities find these people I don't know although I did FA coaching courses in my time and there were people on those who were getting badges yet who never had the slightest idea of how to play or how to teach.

I imagine it is the same with referees because he wasn't the first bad one we've had at The Walkers this season.

I'm afraid it's like a lot of qualifications, which only prove you have the knowledge/information to perform a task not that you can put it into practice.

Can't believe Sky Sports saying we "clung on for 78 mins" + no coverage of O'Grady being pulled down for a pen that could have given us a deserved win.

You read some of the reports and wonder how they put em together. When McCarthy took his slow march I, like many more, thought we would be under great pressure, but Kelly pulled his masterstroke of leaving two up and one of the remarkable things about the game was how few genuine chances Leeds created.

Probably fewer than in any other of our matches this season. It is becoming something of a feature under Kelly that teams are finding it very difficult to retain possession.i

Archived