Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

McCarthy will be suspended

Very bad news who would you put in at cb. I think Nissa was superb today bar his distribution in the last 10 minutes and i would play him at cb and put tiatto or sheehan in at lb.

What do you think???

i'd play smith at lw tiatto at lb and bring paddy g in

I thought Johannson was the worst player in the side today, looked decidely shaky and beaten to every ball... I dont want him playing CB, Gerrbrand is a much better player...

same here i didnt think he was great, he was slow and ,like de vries, couldnt jump. get paddy g in at centre back.

while were on the subject kisnorbo and stearman were outstanding!!!!!

mccarthy had to go , shirt pull is a foul and he had a handful of his shirt and unfortunatley he was clearly last man and had to go . no doubt for me as much as i dont like it

mccarthy had to go , shirt pull is a foul and he had a handful of his shirt and unfortunatley he was clearly last man and had to go . no doubt for me as much as i dont like it

Have to agree. Dont like to say it but he was pulling. Ref didnt have any option on this!! Once he had given the pen, the law states that McCarthy had to go if the ref judges it as a goal scoring opportunity which it clearly was! :(

it looked to me like stearman was covering so he wasnt last man therefore should not have been sent off, anyway if the ref couldnt tell who it was he shouldnt of sent anyone off, he actually sent kisnorbo off, but mccarthy told him it was him not kisnorbo

it looked to me like stearman was covering so he wasnt last man therefore should not have been sent off, anyway if the ref couldnt tell who it was he shouldnt of sent anyone off, he actually sent kisnorbo off, but mccarthy told him it was him not kisnorbo

i dont think stearman had got back in time . ref didnt have a clue who to send off

This is what angered me the most about both the penalty and the red card. McCarthy wasn't the last man and if the ref couldn't even identify the right player how the frikkin hell could he have seen it was a definite foul???

Fom what I saw, it was half a dozen of one and six of the other, both players were pulling shirts and fighting to get to the ball. A ref with more common sense and a clear view of the incident would have just let it go.

It was a travesty.

:@

Um, anyway, back on topic, as long as Tiatto keeps up his form I think we should go with...

Tiatto - Johansson - Kisnorbo - Stearman

...we looked pretty solid with that back four.

yeh paddy mc defo wasnt last man, i can faintly remember another blue shirt being there, ok right shirt pull give a pen but seriously a red was just out of order!!

anyways.....

i think nissa and kisnorbo did pretty good at CB today, but tiatto aint gunna be able to play 90mins straight off is he, so am thinking gerbrand and keep nissa out on the left!!

yeh paddy mc defo wasnt last man, i can faintly remember another blue shirt being there, ok right shirt pull give a pen but seriously a red was just out of order!!

anyways.....

i think nissa and kisnorbo did pretty good at CB today, but tiatto aint gunna be able to play 90mins straight off is he, so am thinking gerbrand and keep nissa out on the left!!

Stearman, according to people who were lsitening to the radio.

We'll miss Paddy somet rotten but i've faith in whoever covers for him.

I thought Hulse was pulling him as much as he was pulling Hulse - ref couldn't give that decision from where he was anyway.

Embarrasing joke.

Why are people saying Nils was looking bad? He had a very good, solid game! Did you not notice how Leeds barely had a sniff even when we had 10 men?

I'd like to give Johansson a go in the middle with Kisnorbo as I thought he played well there today and against Spurs (the last time he played there) but the only problem then is left-back where we're also struggling... Tiatto did ok there today for a bit but I'm still nervous with him in that position, Sheehan would be a risk...I'm glad I don't have to make the decision :P The good thing is I suppose that we've still got four good centre-backs to choose from.

I thought Hulse was pulling him as much as he was pulling Hulse - ref couldn't give that decision from where he was anyway.

Embarrasing joke.

Why are people saying Nils was looking bad? He had a very good, solid game! Did you not notice how Leeds barely had a sniff even when we had 10 men?

Spot on there.

I think, with Rob Kelly's steady approach at team selection, a safe bet would be to draft in Gerrbrand to partner Kisnorbo in the centre, and that's it as far as changes to the defence go.

I don't forsee any problems with a straight swap - Gerrbrand in for McCarthy - because the defense has been very settled, so as long as the changes aren't wild there shouldn't be an issue. Similarly, if the players continue to play in the same positions, straight swaps won't be troublesome.

Hello Weebl I'm on the night shift. WHAT time is it over there. Plus i agree with you that it sould'nt be too much of a problem with the defence as long as the others are careful as some of them are not far from picking up bans themselves :ermm:

It's 10:46pm here on the East Coast :cool: I'm 5 hours behind UK time ;)

Who exactly is coming up for suspension soon. I imagine Kisnorbo is close to the magic 5 cards for a one game ban, and maybe Nissa too? This was raised a few weeks ago - a couple of cards for particular players and we may find ourselves very short for a few games as there's plenty of players close to the suspension limits.

I think, with Rob Kelly's steady approach at team selection, a safe bet would be to draft in Gerrbrand to partner Kisnorbo in the centre, and that's it as far as changes to the defence go.

I don't forsee any problems with a straight swap - Gerrbrand in for McCarthy - because the defense has been very settled, so as long as the changes aren't wild there shouldn't be an issue. Similarly, if the players continue to play in the same positions, straight swaps won't be troublesome.

:thumbup: Gerrbrand no question

It's 10:46pm here on the East Coast :cool: I'm 5 hours behind UK time ;)

Who exactly is coming up for suspension soon. I imagine Kisnorbo is close to the magic 5 cards for a one game ban, and maybe Nissa too? This was raised a few weeks ago - a couple of cards for particular players and we may find ourselves very short for a few games as there's plenty of players close to the suspension limits.

Nissa, Stearman and Hughes are all on 4 yellows

Paddy Mac is on 9 yellows

On top of that Kisnorbo, Tiatto, O'Grady, Fryatt and Hume are all on 3

Luckily we're coming up to March now though.

Nissa, Stearman and Hughes are all on 4 yellows

Paddy Mac is on 9 yellows

On top of that Kisnorbo, Tiatto, O'Grady, Fryatt and Hume are all on 3

Luckily we're coming up to March now though.

That's quite a few worrying suspensions - Stearman and McCarthy especially so. While we have a decent player to take RB (his preferred position) in Maybury, should Stearman be suspended, that removes the player who seems to be the preferred choice on the right wing. That's going to require a bit more of a reshuffle than a straight swap for someone - for example if Nissa was suspended, Tiatto or Sheehan could be swapped in with no other changes needed.

O'Grady on 3 yellows, that's quite impressive considered he's not been given many games - perhaps a sign of his lack of experience.

Archived