Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

ATMOSPHERE AT WALKERS

right due to several moaning threads on atmosphere , lets stop moaning as of now and everyone of us put ideas down as to how to solve the problem. ok this thread may not work but just for this thread only no slagging of l1 or the kop or singers or non singers. now i know the foxes trust tried the songsheet idea in the sporting blue but it didnt work but fair play to them for trying . when putting forward ideas please understand ,

its up to us fans to sort it out not the club, they wont move the kop so lets forget that.

ill start

idea 1 : 7 or 8 fans (volenteers) spread across the kop whos job is to sing thier hearts out stand up and try to motivate the fans around them . there are many supporters who will join in chants but dont want to start them.

maybe thats a good idea may be thats the worst idea since peter taylor asked the scouts to watch akinbiyi

COME ON ! ALL OF US .LETS STOP MOANING AND TRY AND PUT THIS RIGHT :scarf:

right due to several moaning threads on atmosphere , lets stop moaning as of now and everyone of us put ideas down as to how to solve the problem. ok this thread may not work but just for this thread only no slagging of l1 or the kop or singers or non singers. now i know the foxes trust tried the songsheet idea in the sporting blue but it didnt work but fair play to them for trying . when putting forward ideas please understand ,

its up to us fans to sort it out not the club, they wont move the kop so lets forget that.

ill start

idea 1 : 7 or 8 fans (volenteers) spread across the kop whos job is to sing thier hearts out stand up and try to motivate the fans around them . there are many supporters who will join in chants but dont want to start them.

maybe thats a good idea may be thats the worst idea since peter taylor asked the scouts to watch akinbiyi

COME ON ! ALL OF US .LETS STOP MOANING AND TRY AND PUT THIS RIGHT :scarf:

Idear 2 - Put the away fans next to the kop, like how it was at filbert street, obviously would be difficult as season ticket holder etc but i think would make a massive difference.

:thumbup:

how about we allow big flags and flares into the stadium like they do in italy.

Did you see the occasion when they chucked a moped of the 2nd teir?? Or was that the spanish??

Did you see the occasion when they chucked a moped of the 2nd teir?? Or was that the spanish??

the moped was in italy i think, that's the sort of thing we need, liven up the stands. smoke from the flares will allow joey to shoot from half way and score every week.

I think it's a case of people not knowing any of the songs. I don't think anyone who sits around me knows one song

are song sheets worth a go ?

Here's an idea:

The team plays exciting, attacking, winning football. Whilst the oposition consists of a Cov/Derby/Forest united team with Mark McGee as the manager, Dennis Wise the captain, Eric Hall the chairman and Kris Kamara the club's official media partner!!! It can't fail to work!!! :thumbup:

are song sheets worth a go ?

Maybe, but if other fans found out that we were giving out song sheets we would get slated! But all it takes is a few people to teach the next person, and them to teach someone else! If more people sang around the ground everybody would soon pick up at least some of the words to join in! But if you never go to an away game you'll never learn any songs because hardly anyone at the home matches sings anymore!

But our first season in the Walkers the atmosphere at every game was amazing! But I believe that if we’re doing well next season than i think we will soon recreate this forgotten atmosphere the foxes fans were so at good a few years ago!

i just think the general image of the club has changed. its more family based now, i mean ive never seen so many old people at the football before. and also with our nice new stadium its never going to be a fortress or an intimidating place for other teams to come. although on the other side we can make a hell of an atmosphere when we want to, i really dont know what the single reason is for it.

but i certainly think everyone knocking a few more beers back would help :D

Another thing I’ve noticed is that when a song starts people don’t actually sing they just clap their hands! Like for instance, ‘Rob Kelly’s Blue N White Army’ all people do is clap to it but don’t actually say anything.

i just think the general image of the club has changed. its more family based now, i mean ive never seen so many old people at the football before. and also with our nice new stadium its never going to be a fortress or an intimidating place for other teams to come. although on the other side we can make a hell of an atmosphere when we want to, i really dont know what the single reason is for it.

but i certainly think everyone knocking a few more beers back would help :D

Good call. I think the ever increasing ticket prices have driven away some of the more loyal supporters on lower incomes. Would be difficult to police but maybe the idea of singing zones mooted before could be combined with small discounts on admission. No idea how you'd check if people were singing enough to justify their lower admission price though! Still needs a lot of thought this idea! :blush:

Every adult should have 6 pints before the game. Breathalyser's should be used, anyone not over the legal limit can not obtain admission.
Yes, very good. :rolleyes:

Good call. I think the ever increasing ticket prices have driven away some of the more loyal supporters on lower incomes. Would be difficult to police but maybe the idea of singing zones mooted before could be combined with small discounts on admission. No idea how you'd check if people were singing enough to justify their lower admission price though! Still needs a lot of thought this idea! :blush:

hey at least its the start of a productive idea. we have lots of people moaning about atmosphere but not many solutions to put it right

hey at least its the start of a productive idea. we have lots of people moaning about atmosphere but not many solutions to put it right

the idea of 8--10 fans in each part of the stadium starting the singing would work, maybe handing out song sheets, getting people standing,

with the current crowds at football starting to be a new generation where the ticket prices mean a lot of people only go to a handle full of games this idea would help them to get straight into the vocal action even if its there first game.

Put the away fans next to the kop with a steel fence betwen us and them thatll bring back the atmosphere we could bang on the fence make loads of noise.

Also allow the fans to stand up and cheer the kop at filbo was amazing one guy i met who was a millwall supporter said that the kop at filbo was so intimadating that once his mate ran out of the ground :D

We should bring back this element at all footy grounds the attendances would shoot up you'd easily get 29'000 at the walkers every week.

the idea of 8--10 fans in each part of the stadium starting the singing would work, maybe handing out song sheets, getting people standing,

with the current crowds at football starting to be a new generation where the ticket prices mean a lot of people only go to a handle full of games this idea would help them to get straight into the vocal action even if its there first game.

getting people standing wont work in the kop.If you want to stand you need to move to L1

Put the away fans next to the kop with a steel fence betwen us and them thatll bring back the atmosphere we could bang on the fence make loads of noise.

Also allow the fans to stand up and cheer the kop at filbo was amazing one guy i met who was a millwall supporter said that the kop at filbo was so intimadating that once his mate ran out of the ground :D

We should bring back this element at all footy grounds the attendances would shoot up you'd easily get 29'000 at the walkers every week.

i dont think we would get 29,000 but i think there would be an increase in attendances. Also it would get the L1ers and the kop all together creating a better matchday atmosphere

We should get a bloke with a megaphone screaming chants at our fans, get some blue flares, and get a couple of drums, and banners with slogans like 'Welcome to Hell'

they have that banner at galatasery dont they ?

i dont know if this is possible but they could turn the speaker that is above the away fans to full when they play that classical bit of music just before the match scare the shit out of em that would.

that used to happen at filbo when the post horn gallop was played it used to come on full blast and make everyone jump

Archived