Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

ATMOSPHERE AT WALKERS

they have that banner at galatasery dont they ?

i dont know if this is possible but they could turn the speaker that is above the away fans to full when they play that classical bit of music just before the match scare the shit out of em that would.

that used to happen at filbo when the post horn gallop was played it used to come on full blast and make everyone jump

Yeah they do.

Sounds like a lot of fans are now starting to have Filbo withdrawal symptoms. I for one am the same. I miss the character of old Filbo, our Kop, our cr@ppy shed stand where the away fans sat and would all moan about, I just miss everything about it at the moment.

the moped was in italy i think, that's the sort of thing we need, liven up the stands. smoke from the flares will allow joey to shoot from half way and score every week.

We don't need the serious injury to people in the tier below, fascist ultras and general chaos and violence that went with the Moped though... :rolleyes:

This is the reply i got from Tim Davies about the atmos at the walkers

Leave it with me for a bit but will get back to you

re 3 we did that on the questionnaire and well more than fifty per cent did not want ....

Chase me if you dont hear from me in say two weeks re the flags on poles or the huge flat variety as in the play off finals we were in ?

Kind regards

Tim

Very nice of the man to e-mail back :thumbup:

Crowds chant/sing when collectively they feel extremely proud of where their team represents - think of Liverpool, Celtic, Newcastle etc. Through history, tradition and achievements, their city has created a shared sense of identity that people feel proud of. So, of course this will be represented in loud singing/chanting.

Put simply Leicester, as a City, renowned for very little. It leaves such a feint print on the nation's collective psyche that's it's hardly there. What does Leicester, as a city, have that makes it unique or worth shouting about? Maybe if people discover that the atmosphere will improve. I mean, singing loudly is hardly rocket science.

Crowds chant/sing when collectively they feel extremely proud of where their team represents - think of Liverpool, Celtic, Newcastle etc. Through history, tradition and achievements, their city has created a shared sense of identity that people feel proud of. So, of course this will be represented in loud singing/chanting.

Put simply Leicester, as a City, renowned for very little. It leaves such a feint print on the nation's collective psyche that's it's hardly there. What does Leicester, as a city, have that makes it unique or worth shouting about? Maybe if people discover that the atmosphere will improve. I mean, singing loudly is hardly rocket science.

Newcastle?? What are they famous for?? Except singing loudly when they're losing?? That really pisses me off, of course, get behind the team, but if we do badly then of course I'm going shout some abuse at my own players. I

What does Leicester, as a city, have that makes it unique or worth shouting about?

Pork Pies, Stilton cheese, Crisps - you name it most fattening, delicious foods!!!

The 'atmos' deficit is something that I've been studying for a few years now and here are some of the conclusions that I've drawn (delighted to hear the views of the more literate and thoughtful posters on this board)

1. The atmos deficit is mainly a product of new and all seater stadia and with seating policy.

2. Financial crises has exacerbated this problem for a number of clubs as fans expectations are lowered.

3. The monopolisation of 'success' by a handful of clubs makes fans of other teams disillusioned.

4. Decline in attendances caused by high ticket prices.

Basically if you're on the dole, and you've got an almighty chip on your shoulder about southerners, and you're a religious bigot, and you think your stinking shithole of a town should have independence, and your team has won at least something in the last five seasons and football is virtually the only thing you've got going in your life (apart from booze and crack) you are more likely to sing your heart out for the lads...

On the other hand if you've got a job, live in a pleasant town, only beat up your annoying younger brother, think everywhere else and everyone else is more exciting, support a team that has only ever won the League Cup when it was played over two legs and you've been known to skip the odd game to take a weekend break in Vilnius, set up your own home studio or just sit quietly in the corner to read a book you are more likely to be struck mute at matches...

...and then moan about the atmos deficit on message boards afterwards.

If you think about Saturday's match it was a non-event for 30 minutes.

For the other hour, what got people going? Extraordinary goals, a world class save, the introduction of a genuine winger, a missed open goal in the last seconds, an almost headed own goal. In short, incidents.

People can theorise all they like but the answer to atmosphere deficit is to make things happen.

The easiest way to do this is to buy or develop exciting players and select an exciting, attacking team and then show some belief in it.

And why more managers don't do it I cannot understand. It must be better facing the media after second half's like Saturday than having to make excuses for that pathetic offering at Ipswich.

My recipe for atmopshere deficit is simplistic: Two strikers, two genuine wingers, two attacking full-backs and at least one footballing midfielder.

That is NOT to say these attackers should be incapable of defending.

When I've spoken of this before people have said, what's the use of attacking if we lose 3-2.

The converse is obvious, what's the use of defending if we lose 1-0?.

Reality is we've lost four League matches 1-0 and won once by that score.

Of games when more than four goals were scored we've won four and lost two.

And which did the crowd enjoy most?

And which will get the 10,000 empty seats filled that are costing us £4.6m or so (at £20 a fan for 23 matches) per season in lost revenue?.

The board should make their managers responsible for City's style of play. And bringing in Welsh was a step forward, as was Fryatt/Hume. And getting Kisnorbo out of midfield.

Basically if you're on the dole, and you've got an almighty chip on your shoulder about southerners, and you're a religious bigot, and you think your stinking shithole of a town should have independence, and your team has won at least something in the last five seasons and football is virtually the only thing you've got going in your life (apart from booze and crack) you are more likely to sing your heart out for the lads...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They should dispense laughing gas.

Free beer?

Play good football?

Get some players in long term, who'll have a real interest in the club doing well and show some passion?

Laughing gas it is then.

of topic but im pleased with welsh seems so keen to be part of this club, not like another left mid we know

After sitting right next to the away fans and right on the other side of the ground its amazing to contrast the difference. Right next to them its all you can hear (suprising that hey?) Sitting on the other side of the ground you hear the odd chant but otherwise they just look like there dancing round. Same goes for the Kop. The number of times I've sat near the away fans and not heard the Kop at all during the match is madness. Its not that noise isn't being made, its the staduim letting all the noise out.

The main reason for the lack of atmosphere is because the when the club moved ground they did everything they could to dilute the more vocal elements in the old kop (whether intentional or not they couldn't have got it more wrong). Every area in the ground now is now marketed as a family friendly safe environment, and anyone drunk, standing, shouting, swearing etc. will at the least get funny looks from kids and families around them, and most probably eventually get warned and then removed by the stewards. What's happened is that most of the more vocal element (like in the old Filbert St Kop) just don't bother going anymore, because they can't all be amongst thousands of like minded fans and have a good laugh with their mates standing and singing. Instead they have to sit down and watch the game, surrounded by fidgeting kids and families who'll be offended by any bad language and excessive shouting. I'd estimate we've lost several thousand Filbert St regulars due to this and the high ticket prices.

There's no point in selecting people trying to start songs off in the kop, because the people who now sit in the kop are just not the sort of people that will join in.

What the club should do is have 3/4 of the ground as it is now i.e. no swearing, standing etc. and then have one section which is adult prices only, higher tolerence to swearing, shouting, occasional standing. This will mean there's an area where the more vocal fans can go, who want to have a few pre-match pints then go to let off some steam after a hard week at work. The supporters who don't like being in this environment will know not to go there, but will still have the majority of the ground to go in. Everyone benefits because the hardcore fans have their section, and the more easily offended fans in other areas are not troubled by people standing in front, or swearing around them. Then the different stands in the ground will have their own unique identity, unlike now, where the kop is just like the family end, i.e. full of kids, but with less empty seats. Everyone will benefit because there'll be a noisy section of Leicester fans which will be a catalyst for the rest of the ground, hence a much improved atmosphere.

Everyone needs to except that the Kop is never going to be a singing area. It's where all the double decker upper tier people migrated to. In the last 2 years the only times I've heard the Kop from L are Wolves last season and the last 5 mins against Leeds this season. It's normally a wall of silence, even the family end sings more! I went there against Wolves a few weeks ago and it was dead in there (I was on the border of F1 and E3, 3/4 of the way back). There's a much better atmosphere usually in L.

The best idea now would be to maybe shift the away area around to include block N (which can already facilitate away fans for cup games so no ground alterations required), extend block L into the first block of the away section, and encourage that as the 'adult' area. i.e. L and the first block into what is now the away fans, and maybe block K too, essentially a corner near the away fans. They should reduce the West Stand prices to sensible levels enable people in K and L to move across to equivalent seats (which are always unused due to rip off prices) if they don't want to be in the middle of a vocal area (as there's lots of OAPs in L and K) to accomodate the fans moving from the Kop, and to try and recreate the old Filbert Street Kop atmosphere.

To answer some of the other comments below:

- The Kop and family will not swap ends because the club asked the fans and they voted against it (although I think the club fixed the results).

- The away fans will never be moved to the other end of the east Stand because the police and Safety Advisory Group won't allow it due to access to the away fans buses. Shame because this would be perfect.

- The scooter was thrown by Inter Milan fans from the middle tier behind the goal to the lower tier, onto an unused block next to the away fans block, as a 'warning'. Can't remeber who the away team was.

- They club will never allow flares into the ground, they're against health and safety regulations, and they won't allow flags with poles attached.

- A wining team would improve the atmopshere, but in many games in our promotion season the stadium was very quiet. The best way of getting some noise is to encourage the noisy people to start coming again, and then ensuring they can all group together in the same part of the ground!

The main reason for the lack of atmosphere is because the when the club moved ground they did everything they could to dilute the more vocal elements in the old kop (whether intentional or not they couldn't have got it more wrong). Every area in the ground now is now marketed as a family friendly safe environment, and anyone drunk, standing, shouting, swearing etc. will at the least get funny looks from kids and families around them, and most probably eventually get warned and then removed by the stewards. What's happened is that most of the more vocal element (like in the old Filbert St Kop) just don't bother going anymore, because they can't all be amongst thousands of like minded fans and have a good laugh with their mates standing and singing. Instead they have to sit down and watch the game, surrounded by fidgeting kids and families who'll be offended by any bad language and excessive shouting. I'd estimate we've lost several thousand Filbert St regulars due to this and the high ticket prices.

There's no point in selecting people trying to start songs off in the kop, because the people who now sit in the kop are just not the sort of people that will join in.

What the club should do is have 3/4 of the ground as it is now i.e. no swearing, standing etc. and then have one section which is adult prices only, higher tolerence to swearing, shouting, occasional standing. This will mean there's an area where the more vocal fans can go, who want to have a few pre-match pints then go to let off some steam after a hard week at work. The supporters who don't like being in this environment will know not to go there, but will still have the majority of the ground to go in. Everyone benefits because the hardcore fans have their section, and the more easily offended fans in other areas are not troubled by people standing in front, or swearing around them. Then the different stands in the ground will have their own unique identity, unlike now, where the kop is just like the family end, i.e. full of kids, but with less empty seats. Everyone will benefit because there'll be a noisy section of Leicester fans which will be a catalyst for the rest of the ground, hence a much improved atmosphere.

Everyone needs to except that the Kop is never going to be a singing area. It's where all the double decker upper tier people migrated to. In the last 2 years the only times I've heard the Kop from L are Wolves last season and the last 5 mins against Leeds this season. It's normally a wall of silence, even the family end sings more! I went there against Wolves a few weeks ago and it was dead in there (I was on the border of F1 and E3, 3/4 of the way back). There's a much better atmosphere usually in L.

The best idea now would be to maybe shift the away area around to include block N (which can already facilitate away fans for cup games so no ground alterations required), extend block L into the first block of the away section, and encourage that as the 'adult' area. i.e. L and the first block into what is now the away fans, and maybe block K too, essentially a corner near the away fans. They should reduce the West Stand prices to sensible levels enable people in K and L to move across to equivalent seats (which are always unused due to rip off prices) if they don't want to be in the middle of a vocal area (as there's lots of OAPs in L and K) to accomodate the fans moving from the Kop, and to try and recreate the old Filbert Street Kop atmosphere.

- The Kop and family will not swap ends because the club asked the fans and they voted against it (although I think the club fixed the results).

- The away fans will never be moved to the other end of the east Stand because the police and Safety Advisory Group won't allow it due to access to the away fans buses. Shame because this would be perfect.

- The scooter was thrown by Inter Milan fans from the middle tier behind the goal to the lower tier, onto an unused block next to the away fans block, as a 'warning'. Can't remeber who the away team was.

- They club will never allow flares into the ground, they're against health and safety regulations, and they won't allow flags with poles attached.

- A wining team would improve the atmopshere, but in many games in our promotion season the stadium was very quiet. The best way of getting some noise is to encourage the noisy people to start coming again, and then ensuring they can all group together in the same part of the ground!

I can't decide which is better your name or your post?! Either way I salute you sir! :thumbup:

Its simply to do with how the team are playing, if we are playing well then everyone chants, but if were not, everyone moans or becomes quiet.

I'm 16 and I love chanting and start a few, and definetly join in with all of them in the Kop, but I will try harder next game to start more..

Away games are the best, anyone got any tips on how to pursuade a dad to take his lovely son to an away game? I dont think my dad likes them because he cant get any work done because away games are simply days out I guess.. So anyone?

^^Cup of tea or go to an away gay at a team some relatives support.

Is that something like the Gay Pride March?

the idea of 8--10 fans in each part of the stadium starting the singing would work, maybe handing out song sheets, getting people standing,

with the current crowds at football starting to be a new generation where the ticket prices mean a lot of people only go to a handle full of games this idea would help them to get straight into the vocal action even if its there first game.

There was a group of lads at the southampton game that got us all standing and singing....

The club should employ these guys! :D

Just a shame that there's the odd tosser that's close to a standing section, can hear the chants but doesnt join in...and theres plenty of them.

Whenever im near a chanting group i'l join in but i dont usally start my own, if there were a few more of me and my mates i would.

I'de like to think that i've done my bit by taking sum mates youngewr brothers to games and got them singing! :D:smile:

Plus Juvenile prices :P

Archived