Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

ATMOSPHERE AT WALKERS

i just think the general image of the club has changed. its more family based now, i mean ive never seen so many old people at the football before. and also with our nice new stadium its never going to be a fortress or an intimidating place for other teams to come. although on the other side we can make a hell of an atmosphere when we want to, i really dont know what the single reason is for it.

but i certainly think everyone knocking a few more beers back would help :D

I agree, although i sit on the back banging when it starts to generate noise. i try to start as many chants as possible. Example, against Hull right at the end i just started banging right near the end and it just turned into an amazingly loud 'We all live in a blue n white kop'. I was just wondering, are we allowed to take a drum into the ground?

I agree, although i sit on the back banging when it starts to generate noise. i try to start as many chants as possible. Example, against Hull right at the end i just started banging right near the end and it just turned into an amazingly loud 'We all live in a blue n white kop'. I was just wondering, are we allowed to take a drum into the ground?
The club is supposed to be looking into this.

The club is supposed to be looking into this.

Good idea, but how annoying would it be if was in the seat next to you!!?? I for one am a certified NIMBY and would be highly aggrieved if some bloke with a huge drum started deafening me during a match!!!

Good idea, but how annoying would it be if was in the seat next to you!!?? I for one am a certified NIMBY and would be highly aggrieved if some bloke with a huge drum started deafening me during a match!!!

My dad goes to chile for work, a few months a year and he goes to games there and he says he goes next to a drum and you ahve to bounce up and down all game and at the end you can't hear properly and your body aches.

Although i would love a drum in the kop. :D

Would def buy a s/t then

2moz will be a good chance to see how unreserved seating works, i know its only 1700 seats but it would be interesting to see how it works?? if you get there early it will be ok, but if you get there late then i bet people wont like it!!! and that is my arguement about getting people into the walkers early to create a bit of noise.

2moz will be a good chance to see how unreserved seating works, i know its only 1700 seats but it would be interesting to see how it works?? if you get there early it will be ok, but if you get there late then i bet people wont like it!!! and that is my arguement about getting people into the walkers early to create a bit of noise.

The trouble with modern day football is that many clubs deliberately dampen down any atmoshere with loud poxy music before the game (usually only suitable for x-factor and hideous chart/radio 1 fans). In the old days any atmosphere was created because all you singing fans could hear yourselves out-chanting/insulting one another. And so could the rest of us. It's all done on purpose you know..........and it works!!!!!

hello all :)

reading through these posts i'm surprised that nobody has pointed out yet one of the most important things.

Leicesters songs are krap-simple as :angry:

we only have one decent song-'when you're smiling' and nobody ever sings it!!

'when the saints(blues)'

'come on Leicester'

'oh Leicester we love you'

thats about it :(

i've been coming up(from the south) to Leicester for many years now, and i would NEVER knock the City fans effort , they will sing all afternoon but they get bored singing the same few songs.

Stoke's 'dellila' isn't that great, but its theirs, they belt it out loud and people identify them with that song.

Leicester have nothing

it needs to change

reading through these posts i'm surprised that nobody has pointed out yet one of the most important things.

'when the saints(blues)'

'come on Leicester'

i've been coming up(from the south) to Leicester for many years now, and i would NEVER knock the City fans effort , they will sing all afternoon but they get bored singing the same few songs.

Stoke's 'dellila' isn't that great, but its theirs, they belt it out loud and people identify them with that song.

Leicester have nothing

it needs to change

what about the molly mallone song??

Been going for 11 years and I've never heard it once??? :dunno:

cant remember how it starts, maybe someone could help me out,

it goes,

I FIRST SET MY EYES ON SWEET MOLLY MALLONE, AS SHE WHEELED HER WHEELBARROW, THROUGH THE STREETS BROAD AND NARROW, SINGING, [ clapping bit] LEICESTER.

cant remember how it starts, maybe someone could help me out,

it goes,

I FIRST SET MY EYES ON SWEET MOLLY MALLONE, AS SHE WHEELED HER WHEELBARROW, THROUGH THE STREETS BROAD AND NARROW, SINGING, [ clapping bit] LEICESTER.

I have seen the song on many an LCFC website, but when/where is it sung. Honestly I've never heard it!!

I have seen the song on many an LCFC website, but when/where is it sung. Honestly I've never heard it!!

its sung every week in L1 along with many oldens ..

problem is you cant hear it stadium accoustics blablabla but im not going into that again..L1 it is for quality atmopshere/range of songs :thumbup:

its sung every week in L1 along with many oldens ..

problem is you cant hear it stadium accoustics blablabla but im not going into that again..L1 it is for quality atmopshere/range of songs :thumbup:

can you remind me of the start of molly mallone song!! its doing my head in !!! lol

Used to hear that a lot at Filbs but never at the Walkers, theres no humour in our chants anymore :(

You not go yesterday then?....

I loved the "who's the willy puller in the hat" chant about there mascot! :D:D:P

Used to hear that a lot at Filbs but never at the Walkers, theres no humour in our chants anymore :(

Maybe not in the kop, but there certainly is in L1,

Like last week aimed at a Hull fan

"Ran from the dentist, we heard you ran from the dentist."

'when the saints(blues)'

'come on Leicester'

Leicester have nothing

it needs to change

"Forever and ever We'll follow our team, we're Leicester City we rule supreme, we'll never be mastered by those Forest bastards, we'll keep the blue flag flying high"

"When You're tierd and wiery, you're heart might skip a beat, you'll get your f***ing head kicked in as you walk down Filbert street, you walk into the spoin kop you'll hear a mighty raw F*** off you Forest bastards we are the Leicester boys"

"I've never felt more like singing the blues when leicster win and forest lose oh leicester you've got me singing the blues."

"In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet Molly malone as she wheeled her wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow singing (clap clap clap clap clap clap) LEICESTER"

"If i had the wings of an eagle if I had the arse of a crow I'd fly over nottingham forest and shit on the bastards below, below shit on shit on shit on the bastards below."

amongst other's theres also... when you're smiling, We are Leicester, Blue n white Kop,

You not go yesterday then?....

I loved the "who's the willy puller in the hat" chant about there mascot! :D:D:P

No I didnt but its a different kettle of fish away from home isnt it. At home our singing/chanting is quite dull, when we are away from home you pick up on little things like 'wankers in hats' etc. All im saying is the humour in songs at the Walkers is pretty much non existant than at Filbs.

Archived