Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC UK

About time someone spoke up!

Sorry if off topic, but about time someone spoke up, fair do's to Pardew for saying what he has said.

Link:- http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...+see+more+Brits

West Ham United manager Alan Pardew has hit out at Arsene Wenger's selection policy.

Pardew believes that Arsenal rely too much on foreigners and that The FA should introduce a rule which stipulates the minimum number of Brits in a team's line-up.

Over 700 minutes of football have passed since Wenger last fielded a British player and even Real Madrid had more Englishmen than Arsenal in their squad during Wednesday's UEFA Champions League tie.

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain in the Champions League but I had to wonder where the British involvement was when I saw the team," said Pardew.

"There was a big commotion when that first happened and it shouldn't be washed under the mat again.

"Every English club should carry at least three British players in the first team. The foreign players have added massively to our game, but the soul of the club is the home-grown players and they should be integrated into that team.

"It is important we don't lose sight that this is the English Premier League and English players should be involved.

"I know it is difficult to buy British players because the market is expensive and only Chelsea are in a position where they can pay over the odds to bring in those players.

"But we have had to search through the lower divisions to do that and Dean Ashton was the only player we had to pay top money for."

Sorry if off topic, but about time someone spoke up, fair do's to Pardew for saying what he has said.

Link:- http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...+see+more+Brits

West Ham United manager Alan Pardew has hit out at Arsene Wenger's selection policy.

Pardew believes that Arsenal rely too much on foreigners and that The FA should introduce a rule which stipulates the minimum number of Brits in a team's line-up.

Over 700 minutes of football have passed since Wenger last fielded a British player and even Real Madrid had more Englishmen than Arsenal in their squad during Wednesday's UEFA Champions League tie.

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain in the Champions League but I had to wonder where the British involvement was when I saw the team," said Pardew.

"There was a big commotion when that first happened and it shouldn't be washed under the mat again.

"Every English club should carry at least three British players in the first team. The foreign players have added massively to our game, but the soul of the club is the home-grown players and they should be integrated into that team.

"It is important we don't lose sight that this is the English Premier League and English players should be involved.

"I know it is difficult to buy British players because the market is expensive and only Chelsea are in a position where they can pay over the odds to bring in those players.

"But we have had to search through the lower divisions to do that and Dean Ashton was the only player we had to pay top money for."

Meant for racist East End scum. :rolleyes:

if eng/british players arent good enough what can you do?

Arsenal do have englishmen in their squads they were out injured.

Have Arsenal not splashed out on Walcott, Jeffers and Pennant???

it was only a few years ago that all WHU were doing was signing foreign players now the are lucky to have home grown talent they're giving it large.

knobs

it was only a few years ago that all WHU were doing was signing foreign players now the are lucky to have home grown talent they're giving it large.

knobs

Yeah but West Ham's whole team wernt foreign.

Pennant - sold to birmingham

Jeffers - sold to everton

Bentley - on loan constantly

Walcott - May play the odd game next year.

How would Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea manage without there stars, Rooney - Gerrard - Terry - Lampard to mention a few - all being the backbone of the team?

Im just amazed when ever someone talks for British Players its instantly turned into racism, where as Arsernal who rarley start with 1 Englishman, no one says a word.

As soon as you speak up for yourself in this country its turned into racism.

Lets just sit on the fence shall we!

And look how much they spent on these supposed English superstars. And apart from Walcott who has yet to justify his price tag it was money down the drain.

There is only one British world class player at the moment. And several very good players. And if your ambitions are the likes of the champions league and you have to compete with the best from Italy/Spain/Germany what would you do?

Football is a business and either you can have some perverse poilcy where you will be loyal to staff becuase they are of the same nationality or you can employ the best people for the job. who you can attract.

For this very reason Arsenal were the ONLY British team I didn't support in the Champions League (especially as Real madrid did have More Britishers in the team!!). And look what bloody happens!! I'm sure it's because I'm a Leicester fan that football never goes the way I want it to... :mad:

For this very reason Arsenal were the ONLY British team I didn't support in the Champions League (especially as Real madrid did have More Britishers in the team!!). And look what bloody happens!! I'm sure it's because I'm a Leicester fan that football never goes the way I want it to... :mad:

Douglas

Maybury Kisnorbo McCarthy Johanssen

Sylla Williams Gudjonsson Hughes

Hume Hammond

A side that may or may not have played for City this year at some point. Spot the Englishman. :huh::unsure::whistle::ph34r::rolleyes:

i agree with pardew , to suggest that it is a rascist statement is absolute tosh . i understand forigners are cheaper than english players on the whole to bring to a club but premiership managers should pay duty to the country where they earn their millions by making sure there is plenty of english element at the club

i agree with pardew , to suggest that it is a rascist statement is absolute tosh . i understand forigners are cheaper than english players on the whole to bring to a club but premiership managers should pay duty to the country where they earn their millions by making sure there is plenty of english element at the club

:blink::ermm: Of course it is racist to exclude someone from a job purely on the basis that they are not British. :rolleyes:

:blink::ermm: Of course it is racist to exclude someone from a job purely on the basis that they are not British. :rolleyes:

Actually, that's not true and not what Pardew is saying. Pardew is approaching from a different angle that does not make it as black and white as you see it. Instead, he is suggesting an employment policy that every government in the world demonstrates to one degree or another.

If you are a non-EU national, try playing football in the UK. If you do not represent the best of your contry's talent, you can forget about it, you won't get a work permit. The situation we find ourselves in is down to the opening of the EU borders that support freedom of movement and trade in the EU. Either way, same rules apply with non-EU nationals facing a hard time working and trading in the EU. So Pardew's comments reflect political thinking around the world, albeit he must be a eurosceptic.

How is it racsist to have a policy that encourages the use of people we have here already, it's is no different to positive discrinination, i bet you don't call that racsist.

knobs

A few years ago West Ham had Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Jermaine Defoe and Glen Johnson, seems they had home grown talent then too.

And it wasn't West Ham who made the comments, it was Alan Pardew, who weren't West Ham manager a few years ago, so it's irrelevant whether "all WHU were doing was signing foreign players" or not back then, this is Pardew's opinion.

Douglas

Maybury Kisnorbo McCarthy Johanssen

Sylla Williams Gudjonsson Hughes

Hume Hammond

A side that may or may not have played for City this year at some point. Spot the Englishman. :huh::unsure::whistle::ph34r::rolleyes:

Two things:

1) Notice how my statement said British!! This means 4 (5 if you count Hume as a Welshy as his mum is I think) from the above "selective" team. Also add to that 2 RoI players (should be in UK!! - contraversial...)

2) Our youth team has got many British players, Arsenal are even filling their's with foreign players not even giving their youth a chance!!!

' date='Mar 10 2006, 01:10 PM' post='286930']

A few years ago West Ham had Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Jermaine Defoe and Glen Johnson, seems they had home grown talent then too.

And it wasn't West Ham who made the comments, it was Alan Pardew, who weren't West Ham manager a few years ago, so it's irrelevant whether "all WHU were doing was signing foreign players" or not back then, this is Pardew's opinion.

The players mentioned came from WHU's academy. Ashley Cole has managed to come thru Arsenals academy. there is a massive turnover of players in football. If the British academy players they had were not of the quality the required then the move on. It was only due to the influx of foreign players who raised the bar of the quality of football played here that we now have very good English players.

Man U had a great crop of academy players come through in the 90's but what has happened to the ones since? they have moved on cos were not good enough for man u.

Perhaps Pardew and others have forgotten that we live in the EU and just as you can go and live and work in another EU country others can also do the same.

so on your theory would that make wenger rascist ?

As far as I know Wenger has never included or precluded someone purely on the basis of their Country. ;):thumbup:

How is it racsist to have a policy that encourages the use of people we have here already, it's is no different to positive discrinination, i bet you don't call that racsist.

018.gif018.gif018.gif

Don't presume to know what I think. For the record "positive discrimination" is racist but is it as corrosive as some other forms racism. My final thoughts on the topic are when "positive discrimination" leads to a distorted workplace or perception of ethnic minorities, it becomes down right dangerous. ;):thumbup:

Archived