Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Top half finish?

I think we should aim to finish higher than last year's position which was 15th with 57 points. We are now in 16th with 43 points with 8 games remaining.

I know RK keeps saying we aren't safe yet etc, but when I look at the table now I am looking at the teams above us rather than below us.

From looking at what other teams have survived on in the past 5 or so seasons, i reckon 52 points will make us safe. As long as we survive, we'll be alrite for next season.

i don't think teams will need 52 to stay up, i can see 45/46 being enough

Millwall and Crewe picking up draws here and there is not going to save them so as has been said I think we will need less than Gillingham did last season to stay up. Im still a little concerned but theres teams in freefall below us now who should be more concerned.

Im a bit worried about this trip to Millwall, if we get a draw ill be happy I know we have the confidence to the beat anyone at the moment but its a bugger of a place to get any kind of decent result from and they wont lay down and die. I just hope they still think we are still as crap as we were when we played them at home and underestimate us a bit.

I think a top half finish is actually a good goal right now. On recent form, we are tied for first place in the league!! our points per game is the same as those other three teams.

Its a good goal to have because it is possible, but even if we just miss it we will have done very well.

I think a top half finish is actually a good goal right now. On recent form, we are tied for first place in the league!! our points per game is the same as those other three teams.

Its a good goal to have because it is possible, but even if we just miss it we will have done very well.

I would like to see Leicester towards the end of the season give a run out to some of the up and comming players, this will probably effect results but aslong as we are safe it will be a worth while experiment for next season!!

I think we should just aim to win as many games as possible. If you start making targets like top half finish it just applies pressure on the players and if they fail to reach that target the season will end on a low point. If we stick with the target of survival, I know we should be aiming higher, it is more likely than not that this season will end on a positive note. We will feel like we've succeeded if we stay up if the target has been survival. Anything else will just be an added confidence boost going into the summer break.

I think we should just aim to win as many games as possible. If you start making targets like top half finish it just applies pressure on the players and if they fail to reach that target the season will end on a low point. If we stick with the target of survival, I know we should be aiming higher, it is more likely than not that this season will end on a positive note. We will feel like we've succeeded if we stay up if the target has been survival. Anything else will just be an added confidence boost going into the summer break.

I think RK and the team should start concentrating on the teams above them and continue to try to climb the table, no compromises. It's not necessary to set any other target but to win as many games as possible and, consequently, finish as high in the table as we can.

Having a such a target should not invoke pressure but would hopefully allow the team to go out and enjoy their game. This, I believe, would be a better note to finish the season on.

Archived