Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Pro License qualification

Just looking on teletext and it says the LMA are stopping Glenn Roeder and Alan Shearer staying in charge at Newcastle after the end of the season, because they do not have a Pro license qualification.

Which means they can only run the club for a maximum of 12 weeks.

Does rob kelly have this?

Just looking on teletext and it says the LMA are stopping Glenn Roeder and Alan Shearer staying in charge at Newcastle after the end of the season, because they do not have a Pro license qualification.

I heard about that a while ago and was goin' ta post something on here about RK ... but this has cleared it up ... :) ta ...

It means you cannot have a caretaker manager for any longer than 12 weeks. RK is now our manager, not the caretaker manager ;)

it is a premier league requirement, ALL manager, including caretakers, MUST have the pro licence qualification

it is a premier league requirement, ALL manager, including caretakers, MUST have the pro licence qualification

Quite right although I think the intention is to extend the requirement in future to other divisions. There is a general movement towards formal (and up-to-date) qualifications for every job and it is leaving lots of capable late middle aged people feeling frustrated, overlooked and abandoned.

It would be interesting to see the rulings tested in court as Steven says but with the impetus coming from Europe I doubt the result would be encouraging.

Quite right although I think the intention is to extend the requirement in future to other divisions. There is a general movement towards formal (and up-to-date) qualifications for every job and it is leaving lots of capable late middle aged people feeling frustrated, overlooked and abandoned.

It would be interesting to see the rulings tested in court as Steven says but with the impetus coming from Europe I doubt the result would be encouraging.

of course they do, i might be able to drive a truck but without the licence i wont get the job, its about player safety (IE makeing sure the coach nows when to stop an activerty so as not to cause an injury)

I think you only need a pro license to manage in the Prem.

Well I think Robbo will be needing one of those in the future ;)

Let's hope so. ;):thumbup:

Which Premiership club are going to poach him first? :o:P

I think it is a Restraint of Trade issue.

restraint of trade

An action or condition that tends to prevent free competition in business, as the creation of a monopoly or the limiting of a market.

I think it is a Restraint of Trade issue.

no its not, company's and institutions are allowed to place what ever requirements they wish on job placements as long as its not based on age, sex, disability etc.

if they are not qualified its their own fault and its upto them to go on the relevant course and pass it, it is not illegal, stop being so bloody PC all the time

One question...Did Levein have one of these? If so, How the hell did he obtain it?

But his spell at the club probably indicates he didn't have the licence ;)

i don't know i would imagion so as i believe its a FIFA/UEFA "backed" badge so all top leagues in europe would require them

no its not, company's and institutions are allowed to place what ever requirements they wish on job placements as long as its not based on age, sex, disability etc.

if they are not qualified its their own fault and its upto them to go on the relevant course and pass it, it is not illegal, stop being so bloody PC all the time

It is not the Club it is UEFA/FIFA. It is nothing like being a Doctor or having to drive for a living. I will be as PC as I want or not as the case may be. If you don't like it, post somewhere else. ;):thumbup:

I want to know why somebody who may be good at being a Manager needs a bit of paper to say that they can do the job. :huh::unsure::whistle:

its exactly the same, if your not qualified then your not eligable, simple as that, its only a fairly short course anyway

Why do I need a piece of paper to be a Manager. Did Gillies, Bloomfield, Little or O'Neill? It is just jobs for the boys as I doubt whether anyone outside a small group of Football insiders go on these courses. :( <_<

of course they do, i might be able to drive a truck but without the licence i wont get the job, its about player safety (IE makeing sure the coach nows when to stop an activerty so as not to cause an injury)

But people are injured in training every week!

Archived