Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Disillusioned

The Emperor's New Clothes

With every game that passes under the new order evidence is mounting about the incredible hoodwinking of gullible LCFC fans by the previous regime. They swallowed wholesale statements about systems, tactics, and acquisitions. They convinced themselves they were seeing attractive football even though the team found it hard going to carve out opportunities let alone convert them.

Ultimately many of these so called fans (including the august moderator of the Talking Balls forum, Geoff) had brainwashed themselves not only into accepting third tier football but were also psyching themselves up to enjoy the whole perverse experience.

In just eight games Robert Kelly has shown us that Mr Levein was the most over cautious, uninspiring, and obscure manager that LCFC has ever had. And let's get another thing straight: nothing that Levein did, not one iddy biddy bit of diddly squat that he did has contributed to our current run of form.

I suggest that all closet Latrinists on this board (the vast majority of posters) publicly confess their guilt and admit their role in bringing this club close to disaster. Your absurd over-reaction to the victories over Sheffied United and Spurs has probably cost us an outside chance of a play-off spot.

So get your sack cloth and ashes on and start your confessions (all those who attempt to revise their opinions will be confronted by their own hideous posts).

OK Barton, start the wave...

With every game that passes under the new order evidence is mounting about the incredible hoodwinking of gullible LCFC fans by the previous regime. They swallowed wholesale statements about systems, tactics, and acquisitions. They convinced themselves they were seeing attractive football even though the team found it hard going to carve out opportunities let alone convert them.

Ultimately many of these so called fans (including the august moderator of the Talking Balls forum, Geoff) had brainwashed themselves not only into accepting third tier football but were also psyching themselves up to enjoy the whole perverse experience.

In just eight games Robert Kelly has shown us that Mr Levein was the most over cautious, uninspiring, and obscure manager that LCFC has ever had. And let's get another thing straight: nothing that Levein did, not one iddy biddy bit of diddly squat that he did has contributed to our current run of form.

I suggest that all closet Latrinists on this board (the vast majority of posters) publicly confess their guilt and admit their role in bringing this club close to disaster. Your absurd over-reaction to the victories over Sheffied United and Spurs has probably cost us an outside chance of a play-off spot.

So get your sack cloth and ashes on and start your confessions (all those who attempt to revise their opinions will be confronted by their own hideous posts).

Disillusioned.........Why o Why. I recon we have a very good squad put together by the Levein. Yes I openly admit Kelly has worked wonders with the squad and has added to it since the demise of CL. WELL DONE KELLY (LEGEND) at the time the club decided we needed the change HE STEPPED IN AND BIT THE BULLET.

From where I was sitting posters didn’t doubt the squad they doubted CL ability to manage them and even though you called it early on (and I didn’t) the squad is fundamentally the same. So Levein love or hate him has given the new manager something to work with. (Unlike that complete con man T#$%or).

Again I thought the win over Spurs was one of the best ever cup fight backs in the clubs history. Fight backs like that proved to me that the squad have the ability, skill and will to win. My thoughts at the time centred on us improving from that point on which did not eventuate leading to CL getting the sack. I don’t think anyone could say that Levine was not given a chance. In fact as you remind everyone this proved to be an over reaction and even more a let down to those that thought CL could pull the rabbit out the bag.

But even with the season having eight or nine games left talk of the play offs can only be summarised as "Dreamtime" I think you know where I am coming from. Never mind you may be able at this early stage to predict where the mighty LCFC will finish in the league next year once we have signed our new manager. (Kelly in my view has to be considered because of his bullet biting abilities). So you were right and I was wrong hope you feel better now....but please don’t stop dreaming.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Levein bought the players, he bought some good ones and a few bad ones. The way the club as a whole was when he left was precarious but with the right man easily rectified. Kelly has come in and it's a new era, whether it's solely down to him that we have had this turnaround i'm not sure, the players now have belief and Kelly appears to be great at giving players that and that's the main thing that Levein lacked.

It's obvious Levein is pretty handy in the transfer market, if he wasn't then Kelly would be a miracle worker in getting this team to achieve automatic promotion form in the past 8 games. That's not being negative towards Kelly's achievements so far and it's not over-praising Levein, but you have to admit that Levein has signed some excellent youngsters in (Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy, etc).

Anyway Levein has gone. I'll admit that I was slow on the uptake on him, I often am with managers of my club as I like to give them a chance. I liked his ideas he had for the club he just couldn't pull them off and it nearly led to disaster, but it hasn't (not quite yet anyway).

The question that no doubt will interest you though Disillusioned is, whether knowing what I know now would I have been so eager to get rid of Micky Adams and the answer still is yes. That will never change, no regrets for me. I always said that even if Levein doesn't succeed here, he will have laid the foundations that will make this club stronger than it was before he arrived and he has in playing assets that are actually worth money which will keep this club afloat. Micky Adams had almost zero sellable assets as they were mostly on 1 year deals and nearing the end of their careers. If he didn't gain promotion again for us then we'd be looking at major cutbacks once the parachute payments ran out.

Course you knew better than everyone else then?

I can never remember thinking I was going to watch a great match at any game under Levein. You just support your team and hope they win when they were playing as they did.

You are full of shite!

PMT?

It should be pointed out that, if Kelly - or another manager - succeeds in building on our current squad and kick-starting a new era, then Levein will go down in history as the man who laid the foundations. He was almost exactly what we needed. He took the squad's average age down from 29 to 25 in his first six months, and even lower by the time he left. He brought in some good players who are now earning good results. Okay, he may have wrecked the club if he'd have stayed, but he didn't, so history will show him as having a very positive contribution to the club. In addition to his work with the playing staff he also balanced the books, slashing our wage bill by around £6 million. His downfall was failing to settle on a first choice team and relying too heavily on out-of-form players, most notably the Scottish contingent - Kisnorbo didn't warrant a place in the midfield, Maybury was playing badly but Stearman couldn't get a game, Hammill was poor and De Vries was rarely effective. Kelly, remember, is tied very closely to his era and his policies. All he's done is identified and addressed Levein's major shortfalls - and motivated the team. If we are successful, it will still be as part of the Levein 'revolution'. It won't be in spite of him.

Archived