Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bollock Head

Next season

dos any one think we could loss hume our fryatt in the summer, our even mccarthy?to big clubs?

I can't realistically see any of these leaving but if anyone would i'd say it's mor elikely be Hume, because McCarthy will more than likely be club captain and Fryatt has only been here for a few months.

Neither has anyone else seen much of him, at least at Leicester.

I don't know if you have ever played football. But, remembering goodish footballers can get goodish money at various clubs why, if you were Welsh, would you want to play for a club that gave you 65 minutes of football in 360 minutes or four matches?

It is not as if he did anything wrong - he influenced the winning result of his first game against Hull and the game at Luton.

But while Rob Kelly talks of only wanting to sign people who really want to play for the club those players might also be wise to consider whether they will get the chance to play if they do sign.

If I were Welsh, I would be thoroughly cheesed off but he may feel differently. Doubtless we'll see in time.

but you are not welsh and you do not know what is said to him by rob kelly, welsh seems keen to play for us, he has arrived with a slight injury and is not fully match fit, it makes perfect sense for him to be on the bench at the moment as we are getting good results, so kelly does not want to change a lineup (he would be criticised by almost all the fans if he changed this current lineup and then to go on to lose) and he keeps the team spirit up (the most important factor in wigans, west ham and readings success this year!) by selecting signed players who he has more obligation to than a loan player and lastly the previous point of welshes match fitness

but you are not welsh and you do not know what is said to him by rob kelly, welsh seems keen to play for us, he has arrived with a slight injury and is not fully match fit, it makes perfect sense for him to be on the bench at the moment as we are getting good results, so kelly does not want to change a lineup (he would be criticised by almost all the fans if he changed this current lineup and then to go on to lose) and he keeps the team spirit up (the most important factor in wigans, west ham and readings success this year!) by selecting signed players who he has more obligation to than a loan player and lastly the previous point of welshes match fitness

I sympathise with much of what you say but:

a) If he's slightly injured or not match fit why does it make sense to have him on the bench instead of a signed player who is fit?.

This apart I suppose the point I'm trying to get over is: Would you risk losing someone you, presumably, believe to be a good player and who you, again presumably, believe will improve the side, because you fear changing a winning team?.

I sympathise with much of what you say but:

a) If he's slightly injured or not match fit why does it make sense to have him on the bench instead of a signed player who is fit?.

This apart I suppose the point I'm trying to get over is: Would you risk losing someone you, presumably, believe to be a good player and who you, again presumably, believe will improve the side, because you fear changing a winning team?.

and the point im trying to get across is that how do you know kelly not playing welsh we are risking losing him, Kelly and welsh do actually speak, kelly will have informed welsh where he stands so we just dont know so to presume that kelly will not want to sign as kelly is dropping him is wrong as at the end of the day im certain kelly would know if welsh was upset.

and the point im trying to get across is that how do you know kelly not playing welsh we are risking losing him, Kelly and welsh do actually speak, kelly will have informed welsh where he stands so we just dont know so to presume that kelly will not want to sign as kelly is dropping him is wrong as at the end of the day im certain kelly would know if welsh was upset.

I don't know, nor did I suggest I knew.

I put the hypothisis forward of how would you/anyone feel about signing as a winger for a club where they have only played you for 60 minutes or so in 450 minutes. Would you wish to stay, return to your "mother" club or cast your line for opportunity elsewhere?.

I am also saying that if you were in Kelly's position would you risk losing a supposedly good player (like Welsh but it could be anyone else in time to come) for the sake of changing a winning team?.

I didn't suggest Welsh was upset. I only said I would be cheesed off. Not that he necessarily would

I don't know, nor did I suggest I knew.

I put the hypothisis forward of how would you/anyone feel about signing as a winger for a club where they have only played you for 60 minutes or so in 450 minutes. Would you wish to stay, return to your "mother" club or cast your line for opportunity elsewhere?.

I am also saying that if you were in Kelly's position would you risk losing a supposedly good player (like Welsh but it could be anyone else in time to come) for the sake of changing a winning team?.

firstly welsh is on loan, to prove his worth to the club, kelly knows this and is not stupid enough to jeopardise this, we are talking about a player who is trying to find a club, he is not bigger than a winning team. I am not saying don’t play him he seems a good player but what i am trying to say is kelly understands the situation there is no way he could not, so i trust him to make the best call for the TEAM not for the case of losing a game/s just to sign a player who has come to us to prove his worth!

firstly welsh is on loan, to prove his worth to the club, kelly knows this and is not stupid enough to jeopardise this, we are talking about a player who is trying to find a club, he is not bigger than a winning team. I am not saying don’t play him he seems a good player but what i am trying to say is kelly understands the situation there is no way he could not, so i trust him to make the best call for the TEAM not for the case of losing a game/s just to sign a player who has come to us to prove his worth!

He'll be back at Sunderland next year i expect as Sunderland have said he is still very much part of their plans.

He'll be back at Sunderland next year i expect as Sunderland have said he is still very much part of their plans.

which could be another reason why kelly is not dropping already signed players who he obviously cares more about(how could he not!) than a loan player who is likely to become unavailable.

which could be another reason why kelly is not dropping already signed players who he obviously cares more about(how could he not!) than a loan player who is likely to become unavailable.

It doesn't answer any of my questions but I accept that.

Doesn't the fact loans can be used as a 'try before you buy' mean anything? There is more to getting a player in than his performances on the pitch. Will he get on with other squad members? Will he like the area and settle in better? How serious is the 'slight knock' he's carrying, and how will it react to your physio's treatment? And so on....

If I was unsure (and there is reason to be with Welsh), I would get him here on loan. I think you can infer a lot from the situation. He's carrying an injury. He's obviously not here to get match fit; we have only 6 games left of the season. He won't be on a huge wage, so we're not doing Sunderland many favours there. I wonder why he's here......

Doesn't the fact loans can be used as a 'try before you buy' mean anything? There is more to getting a player in than his performances on the pitch. Will he get on with other squad members? Will he like the area and settle in better? How serious is the 'slight knock' he's carrying, and how will it react to your physio's treatment? And so on....

If I was unsure (and there is reason to be with Welsh), I would get him here on loan. I think you can infer a lot from the situation. He's carrying an injury. He's obviously not here to get match fit; we have only 6 games left of the season. He won't be on a huge wage, so we're not doing Sunderland many favours there. I wonder why he's here......

You are the second person to say he's carrying an injury. If he's carrying an injury why have him on the bench?

You are the second person to say he's carrying an injury. If he's carrying an injury why have him on the bench?

Probably the same reason why they played Fryatt on Saturday. Because even with a slight knock, he could be a better option on the bench than some others we have in the squad. He gives us something different. I for one agree with Tharacian though, I would love to see a quality winger on the pitch, preferably 2, but for one, we don't have 2 quality wingers (would give Welsh a chance though), and we also don't have the centre midfielders needed to be able to play such a formation, without getting overrun in midfield.

Look at the size of our squad.

Thracian, Thracian, Thracian.

You can go on about it until the cows come home, but Kelly will not change a winning team under the circumstances the club is in and it's worked so far, it's worked beyond our wildest dreams (well most anyway).

It must be very frustrating for players who aren't in the side but if they don't buy in to what Rob Kelly is trying to do here then they aren't the right sort of players anyway. Kelly has commented on how great both Welsh and Brevett have been whilst not in the team so they sound like they are still doing their best in training and behind the scenes to keep the good run going.

I would be more worried if we weren't winning matches yet still picking the same team, but until that dreadful scenario crops up I won't worry. We've witnessed needless changes for a few years at this club now we are witnessing resolute continuity when things are going well.

Thracian, Thracian, Thracian.

You can go on about it until the cows come home, but Kelly will not change a winning team under the circumstances the club is in and it's worked so far, it's worked beyond our wildest dreams (well most anyway).

It must be very frustrating for players who aren't in the side but if they don't buy in to what Rob Kelly is trying to do here then they aren't the right sort of players anyway. Kelly has commented on how great both Welsh and Brevett have been whilst not in the team so they sound like they are still doing their best in training and behind the scenes to keep the good run going.

I would be more worried if we weren't winning matches yet still picking the same team, but until that dreadful scenario crops up I won't worry. We've witnessed needless changes for a few years at this club now we are witnessing resolute continuity when things are going well.

I think you've perhaps missed a bit of my debate with Lisa.

I was talking about the substitution on Saturday!

I think you've perhaps missed a bit of my debate with Lisa.

I was talking about the substitution on Saturday!

But from previous weeks you've raised lots of concerns regarding wingers, etc which i've agreed upon but whilst we continue to stay unbeaten things won't change and why should they.

But from previous weeks you've raised lots of concerns regarding wingers, etc which i've agreed upon but whilst we continue to stay unbeaten things won't change and why should they.

I still think we're on different wavelengths over this.

On Saturday he changed the strikers and brought on first O'Grady, then Welsh eventually going 4-5-1.

I couldn't understand why he didn't go like for like and put his two strikers on, O'Grady and Hammond to maintain the pressure on Reading's defence which had given them so much discomfort.

I accept he's not to change a winning team. I don't even think he'll change one that was winning. :):)

Hell yes, whilst I also agree - I don't need reminded of the point over and ove again.

I have perposefully not read a lot of threads cos the same stuff is coming out over and over and over and over and over again.

I still think we're on different wavelengths over this.

On Saturday he changed the strikers and brought on first O'Grady, then Welsh eventually going 4-5-1.

I couldn't understand why he didn't go like for like and put his two strikers on, O'Grady and Hammond to maintain the pressure on Reading's defence which had given them so much discomfort.

I accept he's not to change a winning team. I don't even think he'll change one that was winning. :):)

I agree, the first time i've not agreed with one of his substitutions since he's been here. I thought Weslh should have come on a little earlier for either Hughes or Williams and that Hume was right to be taken off as he'd arn himself in to the ground and was on a booking and that Elvis should have come on for the last 6 or 7 minutes.

I'll forgive him though, he turned two draws in to wins from his substitution decisions against Hull and Luton.

Hell yes, whilst I also agree - I don't need reminded of the point over and ove again.

I have perposefully not read a lot of threads cos the same stuff is coming out over and over and over and over and over again.

I agree and it doesn't matter now cos Tiatto's on his way back and we can banish all thoughts of silky football until another time. :):)

I agree, the first time i've not agreed with one of his substitutions since he's been here. I thought Weslh should have come on a little earlier for either Hughes or Williams and that Hume was right to be taken off as he'd arn himself in to the ground and was on a booking and that Elvis should have come on for the last 6 or 7 minutes.

I'll forgive him though, he turned two draws in to wins from his substitution decisions against Hull and Luton.

:thumbsup: Definatly forgiven, we have to remember this bloke is VERY INEXPERIENCED and will make mistakes but what he has shown, is an ability to learn from them.

I agree and it doesn't matter now cos Tiatto's on his way back and we can banish all thoughts of silky football until another time. :):)

Please don't smile :cry:

worst nightmare - can't see him playing though, can't see him drop anybody at the mo, unless perhaps stearman - who I think could do wi a couple of games out. Not cos he's not good enough, but I think his performances have dropped in the last couple of games. And as a young lad I think a couple of weeks off would do him the world of good!

Archived