Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bollock Head

Next season

Hi all, new poster here, from a "rival" forum but I thought I'd delve into the world of Foxestalk for a bit.

Back onto topic, I think Rob Kelly has been nothing but revolutionary at the club. He has kept to a similar side, and he definately knows his best starting XI, unlike Levein who would chop and change at every time possible. I am feeling really confident about next season, I haven't felt like this since the MON era. I was just wondering what other posters thought about our chances next season. The midfield is an area that needs definate improvement. We need 2 natural wingers, and another good centre midfielder, and we could do with another good back-up upfront.

Up the City! :whistle:

Good post :)

I agree with everything said, especially about midfield, with Joey leaving we need somebody who can control the game.

I really can't wait, we should be pushing promotion!

lets hope!! with kelly in charge i think we stand a chance! but its whether we have the money to make thos few necessary buys/changes to the team!

I think we have very good prospects for next season, but could do with signing people in the following positions;

Goalie

Left back, although Nils has been good there recently

Centre mid with a bit of flair - Wesolowski will be the 'hard man'

Left winger

Right winger

Possibly a back up stiker

When i list them all like that, its a minor miricle we are doing as well as we are right now :blink:

We could do really well with a few good signings, and if we do that i'll certainly be having a bet on us at least reaching the playoffs, as the odds should be pretty good if we end up in the bottom half!!

I think we have very good prospects for next season, but could do with signing people in the following positions;

Goalie

Left back, although Nils has been good there recently

Centre mid with a bit of flair - Wesolowski will be the 'hard man'

Left winger

Right winger

Possibly a back up stiker

When i list them all like that, its a minor miricle we are doing as well as we are right now :blink:

We could do really well with a few good signings, and if we do that i'll certainly be having a bet on us at least reaching the playoffs, as the odds should be pretty good if we end up in the bottom half!!

i think williams or hughes could be our flare players in midfield, with hughes and wesolowski our first choice partnership. wingers are our main concern at the moment although maybury is doing a reasonably good job.

get rid of rab - not sure about hendo being number 1. if we can get someone better on the cheap or free for number 1 then im for it.

get rid of sylla and bring the cash in, get weso fit and he can be our star man week in week out. williams needs to improve and we need a solid LB. we do need a class act striker but who will want to come and be 2nd fiddle to the deadly duo that are fryatt and huuuuummmmme? we have potential to be fantastic we just need to get off to a good start imo.

First Post... but am feeling confident enough after the last few performances to comment!!

We are not going to get or indeed potentially need to many players... look at Reading/Wigan etc who have maintained their performances through maintaining a consistent squad of regulars.

I feel confident about our strike force (long time since I have said that) O'Grady does lack pace but looks good at holding the ball up as backup to Hume/Fryatt. O'Grady on his own without them reminds me of how we played Devries... i.e. poorly!

I agree we need more width as we tend to play through the middle of the park too much at the minute and heap pressure on ourselves through lack of space.

I think the defence looks more solid now although we need to work on defending set pieces... either through man marking or proper zonal marking... we don’t do either well and leave ourselves open far too often resulting in scrambled clearances or leaked goals. A backup (younger) left back will be on the list in the summer, with Sheehan needing to go on loan to develop him for the latter part of the season maybe... but respect to Nils who has done well and made the position his own but does lack serious pace but makes up for it in composure.

Rab/Henderson - both have been OK... and when you look at Readings keeper yesterday then I think we have got enough in both of them for this league... Henderson playing with confidence, improved kicking and a bit more vocal is my option. I am sure Mike can coach that and will work on that in the summer.

All in all the revelation has come from a consistent team playing together, motivated by a man manager and I really don't think we need to do too much tinkering in the closed season to upset that.

First Post... but am feeling confident enough after the last few performances to comment!!

We are not going to get or indeed potentially need to many players... look at Reading/Wigan etc who have maintained their performances through maintaining a consistent squad of regulars.

I feel confident about our strike force (long time since I have said that) O'Grady does lack pace but looks good at holding the ball up as backup to Hume/Fryatt. O'Grady on his own without them reminds me of how we played Devries... i.e. poorly!

I agree we need more width as we tend to play through the middle of the park too much at the minute and heap pressure on ourselves through lack of space.

I think the defence looks more solid now although we need to work on defending set pieces... either through man marking or proper zonal marking... we don’t do either well and leave ourselves open far too often resulting in scrambled clearances or leaked goals. A backup (younger) left back will be on the list in the summer, with Sheehan needing to go on loan to develop him for the latter part of the season maybe... but respect to Nils who has done well and made the position his own but does lack serious pace but makes up for it in composure.

Rab/Henderson - both have been OK... and when you look at Readings keeper yesterday then I think we have got enough in both of them for this league... Henderson playing with confidence, improved kicking and a bit more vocal is my option. I am sure Mike can coach that and will work on that in the summer.

All in all the revelation has come from a consistent team playing together, motivated by a man manager and I really don't think we need to do too much tinkering in the closed season to upset that.

What a good first post :cheers:

Oh and :welcome:

Hi all, new poster here, from a "rival" forum but I thought I'd delve into the world of Foxestalk for a bit.

Back onto topic, I think Rob Kelly has been nothing but revolutionary at the club. He has kept to a similar side, and he definately knows his best starting XI, unlike Levein who would chop and change at every time possible. I am feeling really confident about next season, I haven't felt like this since the MON era. I was just wondering what other posters thought about our chances next season. The midfield is an area that needs definate improvement. We need 2 natural wingers, and another good centre midfielder, and we could do with another good back-up upfront.

Up the City! :whistle:

HAHAHA. A wing man. Like a lamb to the slaughter... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

:welcome:

Can see you have put some thought into this. :thumbup:

Keep it up.

Agree about having a settled side as we have of late, and the Sheehan question is pretty interesting, maybe open another thread on that one.

:welcome:

My personal feeling, judging on the last few games, is that the only guarenteed starters for me next season would be: McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Hume and Fryatt. The rest have been suspect at times to say the least.

My personal feeling, judging on the last few games, is that the only guarenteed starters for me next season would be: McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Hume and Fryatt. The rest have been suspect at times to say the least.

Name me a team whose players don't look suspect sometimes? Live with it... The key to any success is playing as a team, which we are doing now.. and to be fair have not done for many a long season... pundits call it 'gelling' well we have 'gelled'... It will be foolish, maybe even crazy, to mess with that other than strengthening in some areas.

Name me a team whose players don't look suspect sometimes? Live with it... The key to any success is playing as a team, which we are doing now.. and to be fair have not done for many a long season... pundits call it 'gelling' well we have 'gelled'... It will be foolish, maybe even crazy, to mess with that other than strengthening in some areas.

I'm not saying 'sell them all and get in new one's'. :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is with regard to next season these are the four positions, in my opinion, that are absolute certs. No-body else in the last ten games, in my opinion, has made themselves indispensable and therefore cemented their positions in a team for next season!

i think a decent centre midfielder to go alongside weso is a must . for me hughes has been anonomous in the centre of midfield when he has played there and williams dont seem to be the answer.

anyone think we could temp bryan hughes or matt holland here . maybe a bit ambitious but i think we need a bit of experience around our young side

Sounds good to me... :thumbup:

We need an older head in the middle of the park - someone who will ensure that the defence doesn't go to sleep at set pieces.

That's our only real weakness at the moment.

If we can sort this out a top 10 finish next season is well within our reach.

Im not going to say whats going to happen next season 'cos I dont want to be dissapointed :ph34r::cry:

But If we can keep the squad almost In tact and add a few quality signings who knows... :unsure:

I've not seen much of welsh, would he be worth hunting down for a permanent deal?

Neither has anyone else seen much of him, at least at Leicester.

I don't know if you have ever played football. But, remembering goodish footballers can get goodish money at various clubs why, if you were Welsh, would you want to play for a club that gave you 65 minutes of football in 360 minutes or four matches?

It is not as if he did anything wrong - he influenced the winning result of his first game against Hull and the game at Luton.

But while Rob Kelly talks of only wanting to sign people who really want to play for the club those players might also be wise to consider whether they will get the chance to play if they do sign.

If I were Welsh, I would be thoroughly cheesed off but he may feel differently. Doubtless we'll see in time.

i think a decent centre midfielder to go alongside weso is a must . for me hughes has been anonomous in the centre of midfield when he has played there and williams dont seem to be the answer.

anyone think we could temp bryan hughes or matt holland here . maybe a bit ambitious but i think we need a bit of experience around our young side

I read in the news of the world that we are tracking andy johnson of W.B.A, what does everyone think?

Archived