Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bollock Head

Next season

Absloutley we don't need another striker, we have Hammond rotting in the reserves for example. You have to remember come mid May Mark De Vries is going to land on the walkers doormat, with a dutch post mark and a "Return to sender" label stuck on his forhead.

I still have lots of faith in Elvis as a support player but if we can buy better than Ashley Chambers or even Louis Dodds for a few bob that will be nice.

Absloutley we don't need another striker, we have Hammond rotting in the reserves for example. You have to remember come mid May Mark De Vries is going to land on the walkers doormat, with a dutch post mark and a "Return to sender" label stuck on his forhead.

Can we send him back to hearts with the same label on?

The problem i see it is that we will need to cut the wage bill further at the end of the season, Joey is going obviously, Tiatto, Brevett, Morris (could offer him a pay as you play deal) if i'm right are all out of contract. So that frees a bit of money up, but i doubt that much.

Who is realistically goign to buy any of the other players we would like to get rid of, De Vries, Hammand (a waste considering we could have had him on loan all season), Sylla and Hammil?

Can't see us buying more than one or two players until we have first got rid of a few. Another striker is the least of uor worries as far as i can see.

:ph34r:

:):) Thankfully we've already got rid of De Fries.

That's one of the main reasons we've been doing so well lately.

(Not forgetting Super Rob of course)

Except we haven't :P

:):) Thankfully we've already got rid of De Fries.

That's one of the main reasons we've been doing so well lately.

(Not forgetting Super Rob of course)

If Herenvean dont want him they can send him back in May. I therefore predict De Vries will be back.

The impression I have is that MDV has gone home to sort himself out, but could still be part of the plans here.

I think a lot of people are a tad harsh on the guy. He's clearly not suited to football in the Championship, but against Premiership opposition, when he's been given time and space, he's looked a different prospect.

Barracking MDV does not help, and I find it sad that if he stays in the Netherlands, I'd guess he'll never return to English football and then our fans could be used as another example of how crap supporters are in this country by certain sections of the media.

I think a lot of people are a tad harsh on the guy. He's clearly not suited to football in the Championship, but against Premiership opposition, when he's been given time and space, he's looked a different prospect.

Absolutely. People who've only seen the Spurs game are baffled that we've let him go. He was awesome in that match - I doubt he could match that standard every premiership game but he did look a different player given time, space and decent refereeing.

Exactly how much has the club got to cut off it's wage bill this summer? With us only having a few contracts expiring it's very concerning that we will also have to sell a fair few players, which considering we have a very small squad anyway basically buggers up our chances of a decent season next season.

Anyone else seriously worried or won't it be that bad? We only need 3 new players in my opinion, but can we afford to bring them in without having to sell first?

Or is it a case of waving goodbye to Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy and Stearman in the summer just to raise a few million to cover the ****in wages.

Exactly how much has the club got to cut off it's wage bill this summer? With us only having a few contracts expiring it's very concerning that we will also have to sell a fair few players, which considering we have a very small squad anyway basically buggers up our chances of a decent season next season.

Anyone else seriously worried or won't it be that bad? We only need 3 new players in my opinion, but can we afford to bring them in without having to sell first?

Or is it a case of waving goodbye to Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy and Stearman in the summer just to raise a few million to cover the ****in wages.

Tiatto, Morris, Joey are all out of contract, we've removed Dublin & Wilcox form the books, they were probably the 5 highest paid players in the club at the start of the season, only Fryatt as come in. That should give them some scope for savings / replacements.

The big problem is the likes of Sylla, Hamil, MDV can Rob get something out of them either on the pitch or through transfers?

Tiatto, Morris, Joey are all out of contract, we've removed Dublin & Wilcox form the books, they were probably the 5 highest paid players in the club at the start of the season, only Fryatt as come in. That should give them some scope for savings / replacements.

The big problem is the likes of Sylla, Hamil, MDV can Rob get something out of them either on the pitch or through transfers?

I think the top earner at our club has to be Williams, I think he will be first out the door if we need to slash the wage bill. A big question is will Tiatto have a one year extension put on his contract? I have seen dafter things happen. Even so, Levein cut the wage bill by 5 mil and thats a massive amount, we shouldnt really be looking at many more cuts.

I think the top earner at our club has to be Williams, I think he will be first out the door if we need to slash the wage bill. A big question is will Tiatto have a one year extension put on his contract? I have seen dafter things happen. Even so, Levein cut the wage bill by 5 mil and thats a massive amount, we shouldnt really be looking at many more cuts.

It was rumoured at the time by people from Forest that we offered him 3 times more than what Forest were any there were offering 6k a week. Now that can't be true but I bet he's on 10k a week.

It was rumoured at the time by people from Forest that we offered him 3 times more than what Forest were any there were offering 6k a week. Now that can't be true but I bet he's on 10k a week.

18k is silly its very near to a half decen premier league wage. 10k? 12-14k wouldnt suprise me you know for a MA wage hand out.

I think we all should be concerned. the parachute payment are 4m? a season and that is a fair amount of cash. I think 3 more players is about right but I doubt we have any money at all to buy. the real question is if we have to sell who can we most afford to lose. purely from influencing results my choice would have to be Stearman and imo if anyone offers serious money (1-2m these days) then i fear we would probavly have to accept.

Archived