Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Don

Help

No, this isn't a quiz.

Can someone please let me know which game it was.

It was the boxing day game, with kevin campell, moran on loan.

What was the score, crowd, scorers, players, team we played??

I really ought to know, but at the time, I didn't know how much LCFC would become to meanto me, and have never bothered to find out before.

Also, Me my dad and My brother sat in the away area as there were only bout 50 fans in that area and the police told us to go in there.

Thanks

It was Leiceser City V Bournemouth in which we won 2-1 with goals from Campbell and Mills. The attendance was 14,128. The game was played Boxing Day 1989.

Thankyou very much. :smile:

No wonder there wasn't many away fans then!! :smile:

No, this isn't a quiz.

I really ought to know, but at the time, I didn't know how much LCFC would become to meanto me, and have never bothered to find out before.

Also, Me my dad and My brother sat in the away area as there were only bout 50 fans in that area and the police told us to go in there.

Thanks

Could be Ipswich or Leeds !

Mine was around 83/84/85 when I was 4 or 5.

We played Man U at Filbert Street and I think we got beaten by a last gasp winner.I cried and a Man U fan in the old main stand gave me a Man U pin badge out of sympathy.

Such a vivid memory and the start of a long standing addiction.

How about mine too,

Liverpool, filbert street, houlier still in charge of the reds, i think we may have got a pasting, and that is about it.

sorry for the lack of info.

Seem to remeber Dennis W**e scoring with a header if i remember correctly. 3 or 4 - 1. I think.

I like this game, can someone tell me mine... 1977ish, LCFC V Wolves...

Frank Worthington played...I was about 6 or 7 and thats about all I remember!

Not 77 Wolves were relegated in 76 and promoted back up in 77

So Probably:

Dec 6th 1975

Score 2-0 Weller ?Worthington

Team: Wallington, Whitworth,Rofe, Sammels*, Blockley, Kember, Alderson, Lee*, Garland, Woolett, Weller, Worthington

Finished 7th

or

Feb 25th 1978

Score 1-0 Goodwin for LCFC

Team: Wallington, Whitworth,Rofe, Kelly, Sims, Woolett, Weller, Salmons, Goodwin, Hughes (Billy), Christie

Bad year this Forest won the league and we were relegated :o

How about mine too,

Liverpool, filbert street, houlier still in charge of the reds, i think we may have got a pasting, and that is about it.

sorry for the lack of info.

That may have been on, or around my 10th birthday (October 20th 1999). I went because it was my birthday and sat in the little stand opposite the spion kop. They won 4-1 or 5-1, with Fowler scoring somewhere down the line..

That may have been on, or around my 10th birthday (October 20th 1999). I went because it was my birthday and sat in the little stand opposite the spion kop. They won 4-1 or 5-1, with Fowler scoring somewhere down the line..

cheers lads that's the one i'm gonna go and search the stats by the way i think i might have been in the same stand as you...

No, this isn't a quiz.

Thanks

I have the matchday magazine, as it was called back then,

L C F C Bournemouth

1 Martin Hodge 1 Gerry Peyton

2 Alan Paris 2 Kevin Bond

3 Simon Morgan 3 David Coleman

4 Gary Mills 4 Shaun Teale

5 Steve Walsh 5 John Williams

6 Tony James 6 Gavin Peacock

7 Paul Reid 7 George Lawrence

8 Paul Moran 8 Paul Moulden

9 Kevin Campbell 9 Sean O'Driscoll

10 Gary McAllister 10 Shaun Brooks

11 Tommy Wright 11 Luther Blissett

REF . Keren Barratt. Linesmen, J.T. Boulton. A.Hodgett.

If you want any more info just ask.

Kevin Campbell played his last game on loan against Watford at home in Jan, should of played at Brighton away on Feb 3. but the game was called off cos of a waterlogged pitch, got his autograph that day cos the players coach had left and he was waiting for a lift back to london.

I remember mine, it was too famous to forget.

David Speedy's nose dive made it so.

My first game was opening day of the season against bristol rovers, we won 3-2 i believe not sure who scored (or what year) but i suspect Oldfield gotta couple as he was my favorite player for a while after.

Mine was Liverpool back in the late 70s. It was a mid week night match. We had Jock Wallace in charge and the glamour squad on the pitch. They had Keagan.

As I recall we had to beat them to go ahead of them. I think it was a draw.

My first game was at home vs West Brom in 1984/85 I think. I believe we won 2-1 would be great to find out more details if anyone has them.

I do remember an almighty bang of heads and a fair deal of claret being spread about !

My first game was at home vs West Brom in 1984/85 I think. I believe we won 2-1 would be great to find out more details if anyone has them.

I do remember an almighty bang of heads and a fair deal of claret being spread about !

Correct, we won 2-1 with both goals coming from Steve Lynex, 1 of which was a penalty, infront of a crowd of 11,960 on 22 September 1984.

Archived