Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Steve Walsh for the job?

Does any one know what Steve Walsh is up to thease days? I believe the next Leicester manager should be some one who understands the club and who will enforce that never quit attitude we had under Martin O'neill. Not saying Walsh should be the man but why not take a risk on someone with the heart instead of their achievments on their CV! Under O'neill we would have never given up a lead cheaply and he instilled confidence in the team that we could turn upto the fullham's and blackburn's of the world and get a result. Now i don't even include Leicester in my betting accumaltors and im sure some of us have lost money recently with the wowfull form, unless your betting on draws of course!!! You can argue that we had Savage, Lennon and Izzet then but before they were at Leicester who were they? O'neill planted the seeds and harvested them. Bassett seems to be a dab hand in the market after bringing Deane and Dickov to the club so i feel it is important to keep here and nurture someone like Walsh into the new O'neill. Who knows. Lets just hope its someone who understands what LCFC is about and get teams dreading turning up to the Walkers.

Does any one know what Steve Walsh is up to thease days? I believe the next Leicester manager should be some one who understands the club and who will enforce that never quit attitude we had under Martin O'neill. Not saying Walsh should be the man but why not take a risk on someone with the heart instead of their achievments on their CV! Under O'neill we would have never given up a lead cheaply and he instilled confidence in the team that we could turn upto the fullham's and blackburn's of the world and get a result. Now i don't even include Leicester in my betting accumaltors and im sure some of us have lost money recently with the wowfull form, unless your betting on draws of course!!! You can argue that we had Savage, Lennon and Izzet then but before they were at Leicester who were they? O'neill planted the seeds and harvested them. Bassett seems to be a dab hand in the market after bringing Deane and Dickov to the club so i feel it is important to keep here and nurture someone like Walsh into the new O'neill. Who knows. Lets just hope its someone who understands what LCFC is about and get teams dreading turning up to the Walkers.

29955[/snapback]

sorry i dont agree walsh to be next leicester manager..

yes he is a legend and always will be but he has no qualifications as a manager and is unproven so its just too much of a risk IMO

29955[/snapback]

I believe you should think through you ideas and thoughts before posting.

Proclaiming the next manager should be someone who understands the LCFC may have some merit, but not significantly in my view.

However to use O'Neil as an example defeats your whole argument. O'Neil had absolutely no affinity with LCFC before he became our manager, in fact he'd just spent a month at Norwich and has subsequently said that the teams closest to his heart were Celtic and Sunderland, I would also imagine he had fairly strong pulls towards forest.

If you want LCFC connections your choice is VERY limited and fraught with danger

Walsh :w00t: , Cottee :w00t: , Mills :w00t: , Claridge :w00t: Playing wise LEGENDS; Mangement Material lollollollollol - Not very promising

Alright then, What about Alan Birchenall then!!! Vast experience when he took charge for three games!!. Only unbeaten manager City have ever had!!!

29978[/snapback]

You're getting there :thumbup:

OR

How about yourself ;)

Alright then, What about Alan Birchenall then!!! Vast experience when he took charge for three games!!. Only unbeaten manager City have ever had!!!

29978[/snapback]

when Little left wasn't Alan Evans in charge for 1 game that he did not lose??????

Agreed. Plus I don't think many of the players would be too comfortable with Walsh near their wives/girlfriends when it comes to parties and social events! :P

Agreed. Plus I don't think many of the players would be too comfortable with Walsh near their wives/girlfriends when it comes to parties and social events! :P

30025[/snapback]

A very good point!

The little slag that Walshie is! :P

No way is Walshy a championship manager, he needs to go get his coaching qualifications, get a job in the lower leagues and learn the hard way then maybe if he proves himself then it is possiblility but at the moment no way would be a disaster from day one.

No way is Walshy a championship manager, he needs to go get his coaching qualifications, get a job in the lower leagues and learn the hard way then maybe if he proves himself then it is possiblility but at the moment no way would be a disaster from day one.

30225[/snapback]

Even if he does get his coaching qualifications, he doesn't strike me as managerial material. Someone who would be very pally with the players, piss about a bit.....

:huh:

29978[/snapback]

when Little left wasn't Alan Evans in charge for 1 game that he did not lose??????

30018[/snapback]

he had a 100% record as we beat Arsenal 2-1 at Filbert Street in his 1 game in charge :o

• 1 year later...

;)

Apart from Walshy lack of qualifications, I don’t think he has the right temprement for a manager, (sorry, as a player and an LCFC legend, I like the rest of you loved him) but I do think that a place on the back room staff could be found for him. His never say die attitude, and his ability to “Gee up†his fellow players when the chips where down, if used here, surly would / could make a difference. IMO its one of the many things we seem to be lacking on and off the pitch. Well it’s just a thought, I might just be talking Boll**ks.

Apart from Walshy lack of qualifications, I don't think he has the right temprement for a manager, (sorry, as a player and an LCFC legend, I like the rest of you loved him) but I do think that a place on the back room staff could be found for him. His never say die attitude, and his ability to "Gee up" his fellow players when the chips where down, if used here, surly would / could make a difference. IMO its one of the many things we seem to be lacking on and off the pitch. Well it's just a thought, I might just be talking Boll**ks.

Not at all, I totally agree with everything you've said. I'd love him here as a coach/motivator or something similar.

Archived