Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Match Thread Palace

You nit pick at individual's then, I'll just enjoy the fact that we're winning when playing those particular players there.

Anish, I need a poo, be careful now won't you.

Pick at individuals??

I dont see any problem anywhere else in the team apart from possibly GK and DL.

Again simply stating we need 2 wingers if we are playing 4-4-2.

Good good, although we don't play any diamond formation, and Forest stayed up the season after they were in the play offs, they went down the next season under Kinnear.

Can we agree to disagree now...i rearly need to get to the pub lol

:cheers:

What is your problem i stated we need two wingers, yes we are winning but it wont be enough for promotion next season.

You can pick at spelling all day long my freind, you are so far up Admin's arses im suprised you manage to find your way back out.

lol you cannot argue with my reasoning so have to resort to abuse.

Pathetic really - I agree with Cobbo on this occasion and I'm up "Admin's arses"? Come back with a bit more intelligence next time eh?

lol you cannot argue with my reasoning so have to resort to abuse.

Pathetic really - I agree with Cobbo on this occasion and I'm up "Admin's arses"? Come back with a bit more intelligence next time eh?

I was mearly commenting on many of your posts i have noticed.

I can argue allnight long mate, you couldnt accept my opinion that we play 4-4-2 and play a right back on the right wing and a CM on the left wing and you jump straight on to cobbo's view without expressing your own.

Sorry for the insult :thumbup:

It has helped get us out of the mess we was in but to challenge for playoffs you have to play a more attack minded team. If we're to move on and take this form into next season and really make a go of it we can't go backwards by playing with no wingers again. FACT.

The only change that needs to be made for the next game is Stearman in for Maybury, if it's possible.

I was mearly commenting on many of your posts i have noticed.

I can argue allnight long mate, you couldnt accept my opinion that we play 4-4-2 and play a right back on the right wing and a CM on the left wing and you jump straight on to cobbo's view without expressing your own.

Sorry for the insult :thumbup:

I accept that we play 4-4-2 with a centre mid and a right back on the 'wings' - but I don't have a problem with it. And I actually did express my views in detail (on page 8) if you'd read it properly. Here's the extract for your information :blink: :

I'm with Cobbo on this one - we've won enough games in this division without wingers recently. Why won't that continue into next season?

Yes wingers may stretch the game and open things up, and probably mean Fryatt and Hume having to run the channels less than they currently are. But I'd rather be winning games with Hughes and Maybury playing in wide midfield roles than the hypothetical winger who may or may not make us win as many games.

Yes Fryatt and Hume would possibly get more goals if we played wingers, but I'd sacrifice the strikers scoring for the team winning. Also, out midfielders have contributed with goals recently - Williams, Hughes, Maybury, Gudjonsson, Welsh have all scored since Kelly took over.

Keep a winning team and stick with the winning tactics until they prove not to work.

I accept that we play 4-4-2 with a centre mid and a right back on the 'wings' - but I don't have a problem with it. And I actually did express my views in detail (on page 8) if you'd read it properly. Here's the extract for your information :blink: :

Fair enough.

I disagreed with your view - you seem to think its ok playing people out of position and playing with natural wingers is not a good idear.

All the best

It has helped get us out of the mess we was in but to challenge for playoffs you have to play a more attack minded team. If we're to move on and take this form into next season and really make a go of it we can't go backwards by playing with no wingers again. FACT.

The only change that needs to be made for the next game is Stearman in for Maybury, if it's possible.

Mark, that's not a FACT and you know it ;)

Welsh out for Stearman next game :thumbup::thumbup:

Welsh out for Stearman next game :thumbup::thumbup:

No reason at all to do that. All that Maybury offers on the right wing is protection for Stearman, both being right backs they can swap positions which at times has worked but we need more than that. It's time to look towards next season now so Maybury as a right winger needs to be forgotten. Even at right back, I thought Maybury was our worst player last night, you drop players who don't perform, not Welsh who has done alright and scored on his first start for the club.

No reason at all to do that. All that Maybury offers on the right wing is protection for Stearman, both being right backs they can swap positions which at times has worked but we need more than that. It's time to look towards next season now so Maybury as a right winger needs to be forgotten. Even at right back, I thought Maybury was our worst player last night, you drop players who don't perform, not Welsh who has done alright and scored on his first start for the club.

at least someone sees sense.

Reading GD: +64!! :eek:

Leicester (12 games under Rob) GD: +4 (extrapolated for a whole season this is about +15!!)

Spot the difference!! :P

There is always great debate about whether to change a winning team.

We were forced to change it last night and gained an outstanding result - we may have played more smoothly in other games, though it has not been a feature, but this was against an excellent Palace side determined to win.

It was our first victory by a two-goal margin since Kelly took over and the first time we'd started with an effective winger/wide man during that time.

Indeed I believe Kelly played our strongest available team last night - a first for the club all season.

We are now in the position to improve the team still further and should not be afraid to do so as the chance arises.

We desperately need the OPTION of an effective right winger because we get no goals and no assists from that department at the moment. I also believe we need the OPTION of an attacking left-back. Both weaknesses have been apparent all season although I believe Nisse has been adequate defensively for some time.

The main thrust of immediate development must be to increase our goals potential including improving our returns from set pieces WITHOUT in any way compromising our workrate and zonal covering.

We have scored 48 goals in our 42 games and that is not enough. We need another 15/20 to be a top side and are well capable of getting them.

A first step might be to play almost all our corners along the floor to various places, or low to the near post because can anyone remember when we last scored from a traditional cross? We just don't have those sorts of players, nor with our system do we necessarily need them.

Various posters on this and other forums say it is nitpicking to criticise a winning team and risky to change it but fine engineeers and Formula One racing teams do not settle for what they've got, they continually fine tune and seek to improve still further...whatever their level of achievement. Top football managers do the same,

I am, however, more than happy to do that slowly and step by step within a solid, established and organised framework but it is no use, in our excitement, believing that what we presently have will be enough to win promotion because it won't. We don't have enough options, enough cover or enough goals in us.

Archived