Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Players to release or sell?

Keep Douglas - goalkeeper isn't a priority this summer.

OUT: Tiatto. Sylla. De Vries. Hamill. Morris (out of contract anyway).

That's about it really. Joey's leaving anyway (I'm not saying I want him out, I'm just adding that he's one of the players who's out of contract, like Tiatto), and there's nobody else that we really need to get rid of. Brevett wont be kept on, I don't think. Hopefully we could keep Welsh because he could be useful, but it depends how much Sunderland want.

Keep Douglas - goalkeeper isn't a priority this summer.

OUT: Tiatto. Sylla. De Vries. Hamill.

That's about it really. Joey's leaving anyway, and there's nobody else that we really need to get rid of. Brevett wont be kept on, I don't think. Hopefully we could keep Welsh because he could be useful, but it depends how much Sunderland want.

Kelly seems to like having Brevett around, from what he says in the interviews on World. Gives the camp a good atmosphere n that. Should RK become manager next season, I'd say Brevett would be kept on.

Kelly seems to like having Brevett around, from what he says in the interviews on World. Gives the camp a good atmosphere n that. Should RK become manager next season, I'd say Brevett would be kept on.

I'm not going to get too excited about that. :P

I'm not entirely sure he'll be needed beyond this season.

We'be got four central defenders (Nissa, the three Paddys), one of which can play left back (Nissa), then we have two right backs (Maybury, Stearman) and a left back (Sheehan). It's possible that Sheehan will be given the left-back role and Nissa would be the cover - afterall, if you have Nissa on the bench, you can use him as a sub for a CB or LB. In which case there's little need for another left back.

I'm not going to get too excited about that. :P

I'm not entirely sure he'll be needed beyond this season.

We'be got four central defenders (Nissa, the three Paddys), one of which can play left back (Nissa), then we have two right backs (Maybury, Stearman) and a left back (Sheehan). It's possible that Sheehan will be given the left-back role and Nissa would be the cover - afterall, if you have Nissa on the bench, you can use him as a sub for a CB or LB. In which case there's little need for another left back.

Stearman is naturally a centre back to, so you could count that as five centre backs and 2 full backs for each side.

Stearman is naturally a centre back to, so you could count that as five centre backs and 2 full backs for each side.

Indeed. So really we have 5 centre-backs, 2 of whom can easily play full back positions plus two dedicated full backs, one either side. We've plenty of defenders. Brevett is not needed when Sheehan returns to fitness.

7 Momo Sylla

10 Mark de Vries

11 Danny Tiatto

14 Rufus Brevett

16 Joey Gudjonsson

20 Lee Morris

23 Joe Hamill

25 Andrew Welsh

From our squad list, the above will not be here next season.

A more pressing concern is trying to keep the vultures away from Hume, Fryatt, Williams, McCarthy and Stearman.

Can someone explain why we want to get rid of Douglas? I know hes not great but he does a good enough job and we have bigger prioritys

I agree. I don't think he's been all that bad, maybe I've missed something but I don't remeber him making similar glaring mistales that Walker kept making. I think the competition between Hendo and Rab is healthy and providing their both prepared to foght for the place then that should be a good thing (unless we end up with a situation where no one ever knows who is number 1 and both are constantly overstreched trying to impress :blush: ).

I'd get rid of Sylla, Hammil, Elvis and De Vries (I reckon he's basically gone anyway). We could do with a new striker, new wingers and maybe another central midfielder.

7 Momo Sylla

10 Mark de Vries

11 Danny Tiatto

14 Rufus Brevett

16 Joey Gudjonsson

20 Lee Morris

23 Joe Hamill

25 Andrew Welsh

From our squad list, the above will not be here next season.

A more pressing concern is trying to keep the vultures away from Hume, Fryatt, Williams, McCarthy and Stearman.

none of those players above will want to leave + i doubt many teams will want to buy them. i also feel welsh, brevett and tiatto will be here next season.

none of those players above will want to leave + i doubt many teams will want to buy them. i also feel welsh, brevett and tiatto will be here next season.

Well Joey is definitely leaving. If Kelly doesn't want these players I'd be suprised if they are all prepared to stay and not get any look in.

Well Joey is definitely leaving. If Kelly doesn't want these players I'd be suprised if they are all prepared to stay and not get any look in.

i was talking about the list of players consisting of hume mccarthy etc... i doubt any other clubs would want them.

Sylla - Just plain woeful.

de Vries - We're banking on Heerenveen. Would be a useful back up player, nothing else. Would prefer to get rid to free up wages though.

Tiatto - Out of contract, bye.

Brevett - Only a short-term measure.

Gudjonsson - AZ

Hammond - Will never score enough goals.

Morris - Obvious.

Hamill - Shit.

de Vries - We're banking on Heerenveen. Would be a useful back up player, nothing else. Would prefer to get rid to free up wages though.

Gudjonsson - AZ

Morris - Obvious.

Hamill - Shit.

Sums it all up really

Mark's just read off the script RKelly's going to use when discussing contracts with players etc.

Rob Kelly was quoted as saying he liked to do things the simple way. :whistle:;)

Gudjonsson - AZ

Morris - Obvious.

Hamill - Shit.

Can't argue with any of that.

I think we'll be seeing MDV, Elvis, Mo and Jo next season, though. Monday nights for £2.

Can't argue with any of that.

I think we'll be seeing MDV, Elvis, Mo and Jo next season, though. Monday nights for £2.

They should let us in for free if that's what's on offer :o

Matty Fryatt has been a great player so far, and at soccervoice.com he has been named one of the greatest buys of the season. We need to keep him among others. The obvious movers are deep freeze, tiatto, sylla, douglas and lee morris.

Feel sorry for Morris, he has had a really bad time as a City player, wonders what will happen to him, he is not that old either.

Archived