Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Welsh Enjoying Life At City

On-loan winger Andy Welsh is enjoying life at the Walkers Stadium.

The 23-year-old made the most of his first start for the Foxes when he netted the opening goal in City's impressive 2-0 victory over promotion hopefuls Crystal Palace on Friday evening.

Welsh turned home Iain Hume's cross from the right in the 42nd minute before Stephen Hughes' late strike sealed the points.

"I delighted to score my first goal on my first start," he said.

"The three points was obviously the most important thing but I've been itching to show people what I can do and hopefully I did that on Friday night."

City's triumph coupled with results elsewhere this weekend, means that Rob Kelly's men are now mathematically safe from the drop to League One with four games remaining this term.

"The resurgence under Rob, Mike Stowell and Ray Graydon has been incredible and everything has been really positive," added Welsh.

"To have come from Sunderland where it has been a season-long struggle, it is a breath of fresh air and I am enjoying my football again and playing with a smile on my face."

Welsh has been forced to bide his time since arriving in the East Midlands due to City's turnaround in fortunes.

But with Richard Stearman sidelined through injury, he was handed his chance to impress in front of the live Sky cameras on Friday and did not disappoint.

"In some ways I've been kicking my heels because of our good form and as a result have been itching for a start.

"But I gave everyone a little taster against Palace and hopefully I'll get another chance against Preston on Saturday.

"It is important for me to be playing week in, week out whichever club I am at," added Welsh, who has a year remaining on his Sunderland contract.

He is now keen to remain in the City starting XI between now and the end of the season and help the Foxes finish as high up the Championship table as possible.

"I now want to stay in the team and help us finish the season on a positive note and go out on a high

Lcfc

Seems as if in his mind he will be definetly be back at Sunderland, shame.

Lcfc

Wasn't aware that he had a year left on his deal there, i'm sure I heard his contract was up this summer. It's a shame because he's just the sort of player we need and fits the criteria perfectly. Plus if his contract was up, we'd be able to get him for very cheap.

I didnt think he was very good to be honest. He was quick, but he was easily shrugged off the ball and didnt cross much when he had the chance. Plus he almost missed his tap in :doh:

Agreed. I think he's the right type of player we should be looking for but i reckon there is probably better quality available this summer.

I thought he was brilliant on friday, room for improvement but he gave us an option we have sadly been lacking. He's perfect for what we need, if you can find me someone better for free then i'm all ears (not that he'll be free anyway but relatively cheap).

Hard to tell. His piece in the programme was much more, "I haven't heard anything from Sunderland since I've been here," "I was disappointed by them dropping me," "I don't know what will be happening but I like Leicester a lot."

yes much bigger than ours

That Murray bloke - the chairman, has said quite recently that their finances are quite steady. I don't think the weight of the debt is crushing them, and it probably won't do. He reckons he's got it all sussed out. I imagine that means his players are on peanuts compared to the other premiership clubs (maybe that's why their strikers never score lol).

I heard I few people on Friday trying to start

He's here, he's there, he's every **** where, Andy Welsh, Andy Welsh

Yer we sang that in the Kop after he scored. I sang along but didnt cling-on for the rest of the match though.

I think we should attempt to sing this guy for another year on loan, its a shame that his contract isnt up so if we dont want to spend a sum of cash getting this guy then another year or 6 months on loan must be the answer..

We do need wingers, so I would expect Kelly to attempt something rather than letting him go back..

I would love to see someone like Darren Currie (Ipswich) or Carlos Edwards (Luton) coming to our place, and maybe we should attempt to get them, anyone else agree?

:thumbup: we need a song for this lad. anyone got any suggestions n il give it a go in L1 on saturday n then it might spread to the kopites :thumbup:

How on earth will this happen when the kop can't even EVER hear L1.

Archived