Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Hold the Back pages!

but how many british players were playing?

doesn't matter though!!!

in terms of UEFA Scotland, Wales, Nth Ireland are all different nations and have to be classed the same as France, Italy, Spain and so on non of them can play for England which is the main thing people complain at Arsenal about!!

although it would only grow to 4 players if you included them!!!

doesn't matter though!!!

in terms of UEFA Scotland, Wales, Nth Ireland are all different nations and have to be classed the same as France, Italy, Spain and so on non of them can play for England which is the main thing people complain at Arsenal about!!

Fair enough, but lets change it them, ask yourself the question how many british players we played against Palace and how many british players Arsenal on wednesday!

Wenger probably loved it when Campbell got his nose broke..."Ah another English/British player out of my squad....Brilliant, Gives me some excuse to overshadow my anti-english player selection"

English league = Don't insult us, play at least 2 (If not a few more) enlgish or even british players. Wouldn't be such an insult if he played even british players.

Fair enough foreign players do bring alot to the premiership and without them the league wouldn't be as good but don't take the piss. :rolleyes:

doesn't matter though!!!

Hope you know that Hume is actually scottish!!! :ph34r:

I count 6: Fryatt, Hume, Hughes, Welsh, Maybury, Williams.

Fair enough, but lets change it them, ask yourself the question how many british players we played against Palace and how many british players Arsenal on wednesday!

Wenger probably loved it when Campbell got his nose broke..."Ah another English/British player out of my squad....Brilliant, Gives me some excuse to overshadow my anti-english player selection"

English league = Don't insult us, play at least 2 (If not a few more) enlgish or even british players. Wouldn't be such an insult if he played even british players.

Fair enough foreign players do bring alot to the premiership and without them the league wouldn't be as good but don't take the piss. :rolleyes:

but you can't seperate it as "British Players" if we want to include British players then UEFA and FIFA will want to know why we have seperate nations and not a combined Great Britain Team!! a player from Scotland in UEFA terms is no different than a player from Scotland

also due to the European Union everyone has the freedom of movement and the right to earn a living anywhere in the European Union!!!!

If the team is winning and the players give you 100% then I really care what's on their passport!!

Wenger has a job to do and that is to build a good squad capable of challenging for things and he will do the best with the budget he has Kolo Toure who has been immense this season only cost £500k you couldn't get an English player anywhere near that good for that money infact a player like Glen Johnson who in a word is Sh it cost £7million!!!

Well said mate

but you can't seperate it as "British Players" if we want to include British players then UEFA and FIFA will want to know why we have seperate nations and not a combined Great Britain Team!! a player from Scotland in UEFA terms is no different than a player from Scotland

also due to the European Union everyone has the freedom of movement and the right to earn a living anywhere in the European Union!!!!

If the team is winning and the players give you 100% then I really care what's on their passport!!

Wenger has a job to do and that is to build a good squad capable of challenging for things and he will do the best with the budget he has Kolo Toure who has been immense this season only cost £500k you couldn't get an English player anywhere near that good for that money infact a player like Glen Johnson who in a word is Sh it cost £7million!!!

This is the important thing for me, Player passports say British, okay UEFA doesn't see it but 'English' teams have ALLWAYS had Scots, Welsh and NI. Probably because the English League is so strong. You cant seriously expect quality NI and Welsh player to play in their leagues!! The same can't be said of the 'weak' Spanish, Italian and French leagues!!!!

Spot on.

What and Hleb is worth £11Mil, i agree english players are over priced but there are over priced flops from every nation and when chelsea are in the market the fee doubles anyway.

What and Hleb is worth £11Mil, i agree english players are over priced but there are over priced flops from every nation and when chelsea are in the market the fee doubles anyway.

Quite true, and Spurs (with less money than the Arse) have managed to build a squad of mainly young, British players!!

Quite true, and Spurs (with less money than the Arse) have managed to build a squad of mainly young, British players!!

Spurs have spent a lot lot more money then arsenal 57 million in the past 2 years, and can the likes of Reid, Dawson and Carrick really compare to fabregas, Van Persie and Henry.

Spurs have spent a lot lot more money then arsenal 57 million in the past 2 years, and can the likes of Reid, Dawson and Carrick really compare to fabregas, Van Persie and Henry.

I never said they hadn't spent more, I said they have less money as a club, not their fault that the Arse are spending £200M-ish on a stadium is it??!! :cool:

On you second point, take a look at the league table!!! :whistle:

after finding out that Andy Welsh played for Scotland Under 21's it appears we only had one English playing in Matty Fryatt in the starting line up against both Palace and Preston!!!

Archived