Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

England's Next Manager

I know this has probably already been talked about on here but as it grows ever closer to when the baffoons at the FA appoint a new manager I thought i'd re-emerge it.

It horrifies me to see that Steve McClaren and Alan Curbishley are both strong candidates for the job. Don't get me wrong, both of them have done fairly well for their current clubs and McClaren has masterminded a great recovery from a season that looked like it was ending in disaster and he looked like getting the chop. But both of these are perfect bait for our media to rip to shreds if England don't win every game 4-0. I also think that they both aren't good enough to manage our great footballing nation. Neither of them have enough about them to gain the respect of the media and to a certain extent the fans, but atleast we'll be a little more accepting than the vicious media we have in this country.

If we've got to go English then the only realistic manager is Stuart Pearce. Even Sam Allardyce wouldn't get my approval, he's another that the media could turn on easily and I don't like his style of football or some of his traits. Pearce though, for all his in-experience has the one ingredients needed as national coach and that's passion and an aura about him that even the media will think twice about upsetting. He's done well at Man City since he's been there, they are suffering a blip at the minute but he'll turn it around. Our team picks itself at the minute and all they need is a figure head who will motivate them and give them belief. If there's one man who players need for inspiration in their hour of need then it's Pearce, the England braveheart and a man who belittles the myth that English sportsman are bottlers.

The only problem is would Pearce take it and would the FA 'risk' him yet, there aren't many recent English managers that have been appointed after only a year of managerial experience, not that that should be the under-lying reason why someone should or shouldn't get the England job.

The only other 2 candidates should be Martin O'Neill and Phil Scolari. Both phenomenal managers, both great motivators and both gain respect from the majority of people in and out of the game. The media wouldn't be able run amok with these two, especially O'Neill who would be my realistic choice. O'Neill holds grudges, he makes it his mission to take successful revenge on anybody who dares cross him or unfairly criticise him and that's what this country needs. If Rooney needs a word in his ear, O'Neill's your man to have an effect on him. If Beckham needs a kick up his arse for playing like a cooont then O'Neill's your man to put him in his place yet motivate him to raise his game. He's the ultimate man manager and he's available. He's not English, but he's a proud man at whatever job he takes. He's been domestically educated football wise in this country for several decades so forget the bollocks that he's not English, that means **** all to me in this case.

Scolari deserves a mention though, done very well with both Brazil and Portugal. Larger than life character, gains respect and has that aura about him that the media can't touch easily. I'd go with O'Neill and Pearce before him, but if both ruled themselves out of it then he'd be my choice over McClaren, Curbishley or Allardyce any day of the week. He's also managed some of the biggest superstars in the world and isn't afraid of dropping big names players who under-perform. The main reason Portugal got to the final in Euro 2004 was because he had a plan b, which was to drop anyone who under-performed irrespect of who it was. Luis Figo and some other big names were dropped or subbed and it worked, nobody would rest on their laurels.

Martin O'Neill for me though, with the talent at his disposal and his knack of getting teams to punch above their weight only spells one thing! SUCCESS.

I know this has probably already been talked about on here but as it grows ever closer to when the baffoons at the FA appoint a new manager I thought i'd re-emerge it.

It horrifies me to see that Steve McClaren and Alan Curbishley are both strong candidates for the job. Don't get me wrong, both of them have done fairly well for their current clubs and McClaren has masterminded a great recovery from a season that looked like it was ending in disaster and he looked like getting the chop. But both of these are perfect bait for our media to rip to shreds if England don't win every game 4-0. I also think that they both aren't good enough to manage our great footballing nation. Neither of them have enough about them to gain the respect of the media and to a certain extent the fans, but atleast we'll be a little more accepting than the vicious media we have in this country.

If we've got to go English then the only realistic manager is Stuart Pearce. Even Sam Allardyce wouldn't get my approval, he's another that the media could turn on easily and I don't like his style of football or some of his traits. Pearce though, for all his in-experience has the one ingredients needed as national coach and that's passion and an aura about him that even the media will think twice about upsetting. He's done well at Man City since he's been there, they are suffering a blip at the minute but he'll turn it around. Our team picks itself at the minute and all they need is a figure head who will motivate them and give them belief. If there's one man who players need for inspiration in their hour of need then it's Pearce, the England braveheart and a man who belittles the myth that English sportsman are bottlers.

The only problem is would Pearce take it and would the FA 'risk' him yet, there aren't many recent English managers that have been appointed after only a year of managerial experience, not that that should be the under-lying reason why someone should or shouldn't get the England job.

The only other 2 candidates should be Martin O'Neill and Phil Scolari. Both phenomenal managers, both great motivators and both gain respect from the majority of people in and out of the game. The media wouldn't be able run amok with these two, especially O'Neill who would be my realistic choice. O'Neill holds grudges, he makes it his mission to take successful revenge on anybody who dares cross him or unfairly criticise him and that's what this country needs. If Rooney needs a word in his ear, O'Neill's your man to have an effect on him. If Beckham needs a kick up his arse for playing like a cooont then O'Neill's your man to put him in his place yet motivate him to raise his game. He's the ultimate man manager and he's available. He's not English, but he's a proud man at whatever job he takes. He's been domestically educated football wise in this country for several decades so forget the bollocks that he's not English, that means **** all to me in this case.

Scolari deserves a mention though, done very well with both Brazil and Portugal. Larger than life character, gains respect and has that aura about him that the media can't touch easily. I'd go with O'Neill and Pearce before him, but if both ruled themselves out of it then he'd be my choice over McClaren, Curbishley or Allardyce any day of the week. He's also managed some of the biggest superstars in the world and isn't afraid of dropping big names players who under-perform. The main reason Portugal got to the final in Euro 2004 was because he had a plan b, which was to drop anyone who under-performed irrespect of who it was. Luis Figo and some other big names were dropped or subbed and it worked, nobody would rest on their laurels.

Martin O'Neill for me though, with the talent at his disposal and his knack of getting teams to punch above their weight only spells one thing! SUCCESS.

Agree with most of what you have said, but I would prefer O'Neil first then Allardyce, Pearce, Curbishley, I don't like McClaran!!

O'Neill or Allardyce would be my choices. Bolton imo are very under-rated in terms of style of play, and if you look at what he has done with the resources available in such a short space of time his case becomes even stronger.

He would tighten up the defence thats for sure, and I can't see him being ripped to shreds by the media, he seems to have a much stronger character than that.

O'Neill or Allardyce would be my choices. Bolton imo are very under-rated in terms of style of play, and if you look at what he has done with the resources available in such a short space of time his case becomes even stronger.

He would tighten up the defence thats for sure, and I can't see him being ripped to shreds by the media, he seems to have a much stronger character than that.

Don't like the fact he plays one up front and he's never been interested in bringing youngsters in to his team other than Nolan and O'Brien. I know at premiership level it's harder to bring youngsters through as they have to be technically good straight away, but he hasn't got involved in making sure the club has a decent youth set-up, something a team like Bolton would benefit from having limited resources. He'd rather sign some ageing foreigners, that has worked fairly well. But he's not for me, I used to like him but now I think he's abit of a twat.

Steve Mclaren will be the next England manager which is a terrible choice in my opinion!!

He already takes all the Training at England Camps!!!

He already is the most vocal on the touchline and probably in the dressing room!!!

and the team still performs like sh it and doesn't look intrested so IMO he is pretty much already manager just Sven gets a bigger pay packer

Steve Mclaren will be the next England manager which is a terrible choice in my opinion!!

He already takes all the Training at England Camps!!!

He already is the most vocal on the touchline and probably in the dressing room!!!

and the team still performs like sh it and doesn't look intrested so IMO he is pretty much already manager just Sven gets a bigger pay packer

Mclaren will get it as the FA "know him" and his recent form.....OMG!!!

Curbishly.... yawn

Allardyce ... help!

MON MON MON..MON MON MON!!! (here we go!)

the sad fact of the matter is that the FA simply want a manager who won't frighten the horses. They don't give a stuff if we win anything as the money still keeps rolling in and only getting caught giving one of the secretaries one on the boardroom table is likely to cost you your job. They don't want the manager doing that too so we end up with a bunch like the present lacklustre shower (Martin excepted - he won't get the job anyway)

It is desperately poor timing that after spending a fortune and doing nothing but avoid relegation each year at his club , McLaren has finally got to a cup semi- not once but twice- so suddenly being useless throughout his career doesn't matter. He was responsible for coaching the defence at the the last European Championships where (aided and abetted by a crap keeper admittedly) the best central defenders in Europe (Terry etc) looked like frightened rabbits every time the ball was crossed into the box .

O'Neil for me too,but they'll go and appoint McClaren because it's easiest :angry: .They never consider the fans views and will be ashamed if we appointed McClaren.If not O'Neil then I think Psycho should be appointed but as I said,McClaren will inevitably be appointed!

Archived