Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potter3

The Ref

Referee  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What did you hink of the ref today?

• Great
    • Average
    • Shite
    • Don't Know

Absolutely dreadful. got far too many decisions wrong. Not making excuses but it seemed to me like kisnorbo was pulled back by Stern John which sent him off-balance and ended with him going in rather clumsily on their player and making it look really bad.

The 'Ref' kept telling everyone to calm down every five minutes even when all they'd done was just win the ball. He had zero control over the game and definately gave Cov all the decisions.

No authority and no respect from the players. Wise tried his best to ref the game.

We also thought we could have had a peno when Skills was hacked down after that amazing run of his. Try explaining to a pedantic 7 yr old how it isn't a peno.

The 'Ref' kept telling everyone to calm down every five minutes even when all they'd done was just win the ball. He had zero control over the game and definately gave Cov all the decisions.

I'm a referee, and I quite often find myself defending the ref when the crowd are having a go.

I was really disappointed by the ref yesterday though for a few reasons.

1 - Kisnorbo SHOULD have been sent off, it was an abysmal tackle, but where was the free kick for the 3 players that took it in turn to try and pull him over? Had the ref taken action on that, the red card wouldn't have happened, as play would have stopped.

2- He had no control or respect. He told players to move the ball for free kicks and they didn't - if a player doesn't do that for me, I walk over and put the ball where I want it and yellow card the player.

3 - He was inconsistent - it seemed to me that every time a Leicester player went near a Coventry player his card was whipped out. Cov players got lots of talkings to though ...

4 - Some players committed 4 or 5 fouls (on Cov side) and didn't even get a talking to. I thought a yellow card offence was persistent infringement of the laws of the game?

I was really looking forward to the game yesterday, and was really disappointed. Not by the football, but by a weak referee who clearly didn't understand what a local derby is all about!

Rant over ... :)

The ref was shocking. I'm surprised no one's mentioned Wise's blatant elbow, the ref clearly saw it as he booked the little shite, why on earth he didn't send him off is beyond me.

As someone else mentioned El Mole was constantly fouling, yet received no booking; I presume Nils was booked for persistant fouling?

He was blowing non stop during the game, but it was the dirtest game so far this season.

As bad as QPR at home?

He should have blown for Adebola tugging Kisnorbo back before Kisnorbo's challenge on Whing. The guy was bumming Cov from the start, letting Scowcroft constantly Back into and foul Nils, how many times has De Vries been done for that this season? Wise should have been off, you get sent off these days just for raising an arm, he put a full elbow into Gudjonssons face and just laughed it off with the Ref and took a yellow for it. A disgrace. You could almost sense he was desperate for a Cov player to take a tumble in our box so he could have the pleasure of giving them a Pen.

Archived