Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Syko

Birch's Run

lol:thumbup:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much he usually raises?

It usually equate to about £1 per person at ther ground!! i.e. between £15-25,000

Supposedly he's raised over £500,000 in his 25 runs!!! :thumbup:

Duo Face Late Fitness Test

0,,10274~558683,00.jpg

Alan Birchenall and Steve Walsh are frantically trying to be fit in time for Saturday's Championship clash against Plymouth at the Walkers Stadium.

But the former players won't be pulling their boots on for Rob Kelly's Foxes - instead they will be running around the Walkers Stadium pitch ahead of the game in a bid to raise money for charity.

The Birch said: "I'm struggling with a calf injury at the moment, but I'll be out there whatever happens. The physio has told me that I will only last for 20 minutes but I'm going to try and get through it.

"Walshy is also struggling with his knees. He is coming over from Spain especially for the run and it will be great to see him. Hopefully the crowd will be able to help us round."

The annual run, now in its 26th year, has become a tradition at the club, although the Birch admitted that it is getting harder and harder as each season goes by.

He added: "The old pins aren't getting any younger, that's for sure. This year I am running for the Bobby Moore Fund which is for bowel cancer research. It's a great cause and one that is very close to my heart.

"The Leicester City fans have never let me down and I am sure that they will put their hands in their pockets again this year. The supporters have raised over £600,000 for various Leicestershire charities over the years and that is a fantastic effort."

The Birch ended by appealing to fans to show their support in helping with the collection before the game.

He said: "We still need some more collectors to help out. We've got a free t-shirt for everyone who lends a hand and there are also 30 free tickets available for the match on a first come, first served basis."

Fans who wish to help are advised to meet at the staff entrance, opposite the memorial garden, at 1:30pm on Saturday.

Other famous faces who will be running with the Birch this year include Gary McAllister and David Neilson AKA Roy Cropper off Coronation Street.

lcfc.co.uk

I helped collect last year I was thinking of doing it this time round but there is no free ticket :P:ph34r:

He said: "We still need some more collectors to help out. We've got a free t-shirt for everyone who lends a hand and there are also 30 free tickets available for the match on a first come, first served basis."

I helped collect last year I was thinking of doing it this time round but there is no free ticket :P:ph34r:

If you want to be a cheapskate :P you can always ring into Heart 106 Phone in and pledge £10 to the Birch's charity and get a ticket.

That's half price!! :)

Edit: That's for two, yes 2, tickets!!!

That guy would try and run with a broken leg, what's the last charity you ran for?

All credit to Birch :thumbup: He's a top bloke, I'm so glad he comes out at half time again, he seemed to disappear for a while. But its good to have him around.

Archived