Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Mourinho

Jose Mourinho insists Liverpool are not closing the gap on Chelsea, despite Saturday's FA Cup semi-final defeat.

The Blues are 15 points ahead of Liverpool in the top flight and Chelsea boss Mourinho said: "In the Premiership they have no chance.

"Over 40 matches, no chance. Maybe they will surprise me and they can do it.

"But in 10 matches against us they have won twice. In the Premiership the distance between the teams is 45 points over two seasons."

Liverpool beat the Blues in the Champions League semi-final last season, while the Stamford Bridge outfit came out on top when the two teams met in the 2005 Carling Cup final.

Mourinho added: "We beat them in a final, they beat us in two semi-finals. A psychological advantage? I don't think so.

"In four matches in the Premiership we beat them four times."

Mourinho was also adamant after the FA Cup semi-final loss at Old Trafford on Saturday that his team did not deserve to lose.

Chelsea's Portuguese manager cited poor finishing from his players and favourable refereeing towards Liverpool as the major factors in his side's 2-1 defeat.

But Mourinho came in for criticism himself for not playing his wingers Arjen Robben, Joe Cole and Damien Duff in the first half.

The trio came on during the second half when Chelsea posed their greatest threat.

But Mourinho insisted: "Did the best team win? I don't think so. In the last 30 minutes we deserved extra time.

"In the first half nobody was better. They had a good start to the second half but then we dominated the game.

"I cannot wish them luck in the final. Middlesbrough or West Ham will be there and I must respect them."

Liverpool are set to finish third in the Premiership as they are unlikely to overhaul Manchester United and that will mean they have to go through the Champions League qualifying stages next season.

Mourinho added somewhat mischievously: "I wish them luck for their qualification match in the Champions League."

bbc

when he first arrived in this country I thought he was a funny guy he knows seems to be heading down the same road as Fergie and Wenger and becoming a sad, bitter and twisted man!!!

i like mourinho but his team selections recently have been crap . his desisions have had an impact in losing games at fulham and the semi yesterday.

Legend...Love his attitude.

Although he is in abit of deniel, Its clear the rest of the Prem..Well the 3 below them ;) are learning and catching up with Chelsea.

I thought denile was a river in Egypt?

Some of his comments are hilarious, especially the Champions League qualification bit lol

But I agree that he is becoming an arrogant tosser after every game they draw/lose. He was a breath of fresh air when he first came here but now I'm beginning to dislike his attitude and the fact that he never gives anyone credit for getting a result against Chelsea.

I love his arrogance, how he refers to himself as the special one and his attempt to talk english.

His English is brilliant, think about it compared to Ranieri's, who was here for 3 or 4 years.

Even Wenger's has hardly improved, he's been here what? Ten Years.

Not sure what I make of him to be honest. I was amused by him when he first arrived at Chelsea but now he getting on my nerves a bit. Spends too much time lipping and moaning and playing mind games instead of getting on with the job and hes come unstuck a bit now.

Still on course for his second straight title though.

Not bad for someone with no previous experience of English football. Look how long it took Alex Ferguson to adapt.

I wouldn't have mided if he'd been offered the England job. He's in a different league to Sven or any of the other contenders (apart from MON of course)

Archived