Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Why did ref stop the multi-ball system yesterday?

I think it was the second time this season the ref has stopped us using the multi-ball. I think it happened after about 15 mins. Not sure if Radio Leicester picked it up during commentary?

Now, I thought both managers had to agree to it pre-match. If so, why should the ref stop it? It slows play down a lot using one ball only and without the multi-ball our ball boys don't get the chance to influence the game by not giving it back to the opposition. :)

I intend to write to the Football League for a full explanation.

I didn't notice it at the time but now you mention it it did actually happen. I'm guessing the ref stopped the multi-ball system because there was one incident in the 1st half where the ball went out of play, our player picked up the ball (because it was close to him) and took the throw-in - but then a ballboy (IDIOT!!) threw another ball onto the pitch without looking to see if play has resumed. So there were 2 balls on the pitch and then we had to restart the throw-in again, 20 seconds or so after we'd taken it originally.

I'm blaming the ball-boy then ;)

i belive we have been warned a few times. for our throws the ball is returned instantly for quick throws . for opponents throws the ball boys take their time and just drop the ball to them . ive seen it happen quite often over last 2 seasons

i belive we have been warned a few times. for our throws the ball is returned instantly for quick throws . for opponents throws the ball boys take their time and just drop the ball to them . ive seen it happen quite often over last 2 seasons

doesn't that happen everywhere?

all the ball boys are lads from the academy so obviously they are going to favour the home side. it's great to see them role the ball slowly along the floor for the away side and throw it quick and into the arms of the city players. unless of course we need to waste time. it's all part of the advantage for a home side.

Bring back the multi-ball!! (or the mulit-ball as I typed it previously). I'm still awaiting a reply from the Footy League, I guess they've been in conflab today with the (Sweet) FA re the next England Manager.

Bring back the multi-ball!! (or the mulit-ball as I typed it previously). I'm still awaiting a reply from the Footy League, I guess they've been in conflab today with the (Sweet) FA re the next England Manager.

I would imagine the the FL have absolutely no influence on whom the next England Manager will be, they're more likely to be found rubbing shoulders with executives from Coca Cola trying to work out how much more money they can squeeze out of the fans in order to recoup their sponsorship.

pisses me off, when they dont have multi ball takes for ever sometimes for the balls to come back, its not only at our ground its happened this season though, couple of away games its been the same started with multi ball then they cut it back to just the 1!!

Archived