Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
loz

Confusion over Scolari job claim

Whether he wants the job or not is not the key issue here, what's paramount is how the media bolloxs everything up with their incessant intrusion into people's lives and their holier than though attitude, sorry but the vast majority are just arrogant, ignorant, hypocritical arseholes.

Whether he wants the job or not is not the key issue here, what's paramount is how the media bolloxs everything up with their incessant intrusion into people's lives and their holier than though attitude, sorry but the vast majority are just arrogant, ignorant, hypocritical arseholes.

Amen

They'd rather we lost the Olympics bid, lose in the first round of the world cup and be banned completely from European action in football for fan behaviour than give up harrassing people. They are a parasite of society.

Quite pi55ed really, think he would have been perfect for the job, would have the balls to drop big names that under achieve like beckham and get the best out of players unlike Sven.

Seems the media scared him off, typical.

Hopefully now the FA will go after the best man for the job, Martin O'Neill.

The last thing we need is another long-ball manager. For all his genius, MON's tactics were outdated a decade ago and would only hold England back further.

If O'Neill became England manager then he'd inevitably be a disappointment, and I don't want to end up resenting somebody who has done so much for Leicester City.

After the World Cup (in which we probably won't make it past the group stage), we have to accept that England will slide - plummet really - into international obscurity. Our players are ridiculously overhyped, and technically and tactically we are light years behind the best teams in Europe and South America. The job of Sven's successor should be to try and close this tactical and technical gap, and that is not a job that MON is in any way equipped to do.

After the World Cup (in which we probably won't make it past the group stage), we have to accept that England will slide - plummet really - into international obscurity. Our players are ridiculously overhyped, and technically and tactically we are light years behind the best teams in Europe and South America. The job of Sven's successor should be to try and close this tactical and technical gap, and that is not a job that MON is in any way equipped to do.

Sorry but this is complete nonsense. Do you REALLY think we'll be knocked by the likes of Paraguay or Trinidad/Tobago? :huh:

We have a nucleus of 6-7 players (not including Beckham) who when fit would walk into ANY European club or national side. As a squad, I'd say only Brazil and Argentina are technically superior to us and even they are both beatable on their day.

I also remember Greece winning Euro 2004 (after beating Scolari's Portugal twice) using tactics very similar to ours under MON.

You forget just how few resources he had to work with when he was with us. I think he'd make the best use of the talent that would be at his disposal as England manager. And I don't think that would mean using long-ball tactics, as our current crop of midfielders don't need to play that way.

Sorry but this is complete nonsense. Do you REALLY think we'll be knocked by the likes of Paraguay or Trinidad/Tobago? :huh:

You forget just how few resources he had to work with when he was with us. I think he'd make the best use of the talent that would be at his disposal as England manager. And I don't think that would mean using long-ball tactics, as our current crop of midfielders don't need to play that way.

Any team incapable of creating a single chance against Northern Ireland is obviously going to struggle against Trinidad and Tobago, who like Northern Ireland have many players based in the lower leagues across the UK. The difference is that Trinidad's team is good enough to qualify for the World Cup. It's a given that we won't beat Sweden - we never do.

So the best case scenario is that we have two points from our matches against Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago. That would most likely mean that the thing that decides our fate is the result against Paraguay, a must-win match against an unknown quantity.

This England team have been hyped-up more than Enron. Like Enron we will fall hard and we will fall fast. This is a side in crisis and people can only paper over the cracks for so long.

As for O'Neill, even at Celtic he eschewed the opportunity to buy talented foreign players and play skillful passing football. He chose to buy physically strong but technically laughable players not because he had no other option but because he believes in physical, route-one football. That is not what England needs. It may be blasphemy to say this, but the way in which he contrived to surrender the league title to a shambolic and underfunded Rangers side in his later days at Celtic Park suggest that it may not be what any modern football club needs.

As I said when I heard it,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Terrible news,unfortunately everyone assumed he would be appointed and it's an egg in our faces now.We better appoint Martin O'Neil now,it's the only way we'll make up for this farce!

Bugger Bugger Bugger Bugger. I've really got into the idea of Scolari now. Fair play to the guy, no one should have to put up with that shit just becuase of a job. It's just not worth it. He can get a job where he can get on with it wihout his privatee life being dragged into the limelight.

There's only one way forward folks. Quit buying the tabloids. Do it now!! Bastards.

O'Neill odopted those tactics at Leicester due to lack of money and he odopted them at Celtic because 10 of the teamsin their division also rely on similar tactics.

With the quality players England managers have to choose from I very much doubt O'Neill would decide to play route one football, even if he did aslong as we won I don't care....you can't say it was boring watching Leicester when he was with us!

Apparently though, The FA have chose against O'Neill because they think his assistants and coaching staff aren't good enough!!

Archived