Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Competition for McAuley

Vitalfootball Hull City have said that Hull City are showing significant interest in Lincoln centre-backGareth McAuley who is thought to have been interesting Leicester.

I really hope we get this lad. Looks great and a threat at set pieces which we havent had for i dont know how long?

Hull City boss keen on Imps defender

10:48 5/3/2006

Lincoln City's Gareth McAuley is a summer target for Peter Taylor

The 26-year-old Northern Ireland international centre-half is out of contract at Sincil Bank in the summer, although Lincoln are hopeful that he will stay with the club if they win promotion to League One.

Taylor told the Hull Daily Mail: "I haven't watched him personally but over the last few months, as a club we've had him watched.

"Again though, he is one of many players we have had watched recently.

"At present, he's a player under contract with another club so it is not fair to discuss him at this stage."

link

you call that competition!

I've got a feeling they'll have more available money than us this season.

Make no mistake Leicester will have a real battle to survive next season, never mind get in the top six.

Make no mistake Leicester will have a real battle to survive next season, never mind get in the top six.

I disagree, I think we have a squad capable of top half finish, but its weather RK can keep the squad playing to the same level as we did at the back end of last season

i agree top six is extremely optimistic, i'll be satisfied with a top half finish if we can.

i still think leicester city is a more attractive club than hull, though McAuley may feel as though he is more likely to actually play for hull on a regular basis.

on the money side of things, i wonder what would have happened if we got relegated.

My concerns centre mainly around the opposition rather than Leicester. What with the teams coming down and those already jossling for position Championship wise, I don't think Leicester will have made enough progress nor enough imagination in their approach. Too many poor players and the squad is likely to be too small again.

Hope you're the one who's proved right though.

i agree top six is extremely optimistic, i'll be satisfied with a top half finish if we can.

i still think leicester city is a more attractive club than hull, though McAuley may feel as though he is more likely to actually play for hull on a regular basis.

on the money side of things, i wonder what would have happened if we got relegated.

i agree, i would be happy with a season in top half whre we don't have to worry about relegation

My concerns centre mainly around the opposition rather than Leicester. What with the teams coming down and those already jossling for position Championship wise, I don't think Leicester will have made enough progress nor enough imagination in their approach. Too many poor players and the squad is likely to be too small again.

Hope you're the one who's proved right though.

If we used the younger players properly in these final few games we could have seen how we could cope when stretched next season, some of the academy players could have made the step up but we will only find out in a emergency now.

If we used the younger players properly in these final few games we could have seen how we could cope when stretched next season, some of the academy players could have made the step up but we will only find out in a emergency now.

Have you got amnesia? The last game of the season was just 4 days ago, there aren't any games for the youngsters to play before the end of the season. :D

If we HAD used the younger players properly in the final few games, we could have seen how we could cope when stretched next season, some of the academy players could have made the step up but we will only find out in a emergency now.

Have you got amnesia? The last game of the season was just 4 days ago, there aren't any games for the youngsters to play before the end of the season. :D

:D:D it might look better now, fook me all this lack of sleep is really affecting me :D:D

pedanticity at its finest (is that a word??) :D

Archived