Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Apparently we're in talks to keep Kisnorbo happy

That can easily change. If you want to villify some other City youngster for showing a bit of nievity I'll defend him instead. You want to make this a Sheehan issue because it deflects from the fact that your attack on the lad after the Crewe game was so over the top and unnecessary.

He's been a shadow of his old self ever since Crewe. Even in last night's final he looked only half fit after his recent injury and was labelled "disappointing" by one poster.

And so he was, by his own standards, but he still aimed more crosses into the Coalville penalty area than Johansson probably managed in any three months of the season, made a permanent outlet ball for Levi Porter, laid an open goal on for Andy King (which he missed) - and made his contribution to the team winning something, all in the space of 70 minutes or so.

That's not to disguise the fact that he looked so lacking in sharpness and determination.

Whether it is confidence, motivation or simply fitness I don't know but if I were Leicester's management I'd be ashamed of my lack of achievement with Sheehan.

It is clear his team-mates appreciate him - because even on an ordinary night he was forever available and forever boosting the attack. And those team-mates are used to winning, having been unbeaten since January.

But for his own sake he needs to go somewhere where the fans appreciate him too and where the first team plays the kind of football which the Academy tries to produce because that's never going to happen with our first team.

It's well documented that Sheehan might have an attitude problem, if he has then he might well cause himself problems. Talent wise he's good enough to play at this level I think and should be given the chance. It's all about give and take though especially under Kelly. Kelly will be looking for players who will knuckle down and prove their worth, i'm not saying Sheehan isn't doing this but if the club are mistaking cockiness for a lack of confidence then it could end in tears. I've often thought Williams lack confidence where as others think he's just a lazy cocky twat. It's hard to prove without knowing them personally.

If Sheehan is lacking confidence and fitness then he needs to sit down with the coaching staff and work out where they go from here. With pre-season coming up and a fresh season, it's a great chance for Sheehan to step up a gear and push for a starting place. You can argue all you like about the way he's been treated this season, but since Kelly has took charge it's fair to say that Sheehan hasn't been in the correct shape for first team football due to quite a bad injury for a few months.

I don't think the Crewe game has effected him, the crowd didn't boo him or anything. He's had a few critics for the way he handled himself on here but if he can't take that then he'll never make it. There isn't a fan at this club that wouldn't want to see Sheehan succeed because he epitomizes what we are trying to do at Leicester. Develop young players to bring us success and he's one of them hopefully. He's still only 19 and I expect better things from him next season, if he's given a chance then i'm sure he'll take it this time.

All you say is true.

The key is to be given a chance and the problem I have with Leicester City is that headless chickens are far more likely to get a chance than footballers.

Look at Levi Porter last night as a left-sided midfielder. He didn't stop prompting our team for 120 minutes and it has been the same since Christmas. He's seen to make mistakes because he is forever on the ball trying to make something happen. Our first team has midfielders who make mistakes even without trying to do anything but a straightforward pass.

And what did Levi help create last night? Three goals. Enough to win the final whatever the shortcomings of the team performance.

His close control and subtle passes caused havoc - the actual tally of potential goalscoring opportunities for City last night must have been huge.

It is not as if he does the clever bits then rests up. He never stops working. Yet what break has he been given while so many journeymen get the nod?.

Then there's Dodds (and Chambers if he hadn't been sitting in the stand). Goals galore the lad scores and clever ones too, with the minimum of fuss and invariably in a winning team.

But it's Hammond who gets on the bench. Never Dodds. Yet how many goals has Hammond scored for anyone anywhere whether in the first team, in our reserves or in someone else's reserves?.

All you say is true.

The key is to be given a chance and the problem I have with Leicester City is that headless chickens are far more likely to get a chance than footballers.

Look at Levi Porter last night as a left-sided midfielder. He didn't stop prompting our team for 120 minutes and it has been the same since Christmas. He's seen to make mistakes because he is forever on the ball trying to make something happen. Our first team has midfielders who make mistakes even without trying to do anything but a straightforward pass.

And what did Levi help create last night? Three goals. Enough to win the final whatever the shortcomings of the team performance.

His close control and subtle passes caused havoc - the actual tally of potential goalscoring opportunities for City last night must have been huge.

It is not as if he does the clever bits then rests up. He never stops working. Yet what break has he been given while so many journeymen get the nod?.

Then there's Dodds (and Chambers if he hadn't been sitting in the stand). Goals galore the lad scores and clever ones too, with the minimum of fuss and invariably in a winning team.

But it's Hammond who gets on the bench. Never Dodds. Yet how many goals has Hammond scored for anyone anywhere whether in the first team, in our reserves or in someone else's reserves?.

Have to agree there. If Kelly doesn't sign many players this summer then these youngsters will have to be called upon anyway because we'll no doubt get a number of injuries and suspensions at some point next season.

The reason Sheehan was criticised so badly was that he had already been booked for making a stupid and needless handball in a potentially dangerous area, knowing he was on a booking he still made this reckless miss timed challenge. How can you sympathise with that?

When McCarthy got sent off he was adjudged to be the last man and we all know he wasn't and was very harshly sent off when a booking would've been appropiate.

When Kisnorbo got sent off (which he deserved) he was getting fouled all the way up until he made the challenge, (i could see it, im sure 5,000 other leicester fans did to) and lost his head purely out of frustartion, surely you can sympathise with that?

If Sheehan was so special, he'd be where Stearman and Weslowski are.

But this was his second sending off of the season, his other was for foul and abusive language which isn't acceptable. :thumbup:

All you say is true.

The city team that played last night struggled to beat Coalville, if you want us to field a team that will play to this level I guess we should promote all of last nights side to the first team.

Please get a grip we are still (thankfully) going to be playing Championship teams next year and need a team that can compete with them, bring the kids in when they are ready and not before.

I remember slating McCarthy after getting sent off at Leeds, I also remember slating Sheehan after Crewe. These lads are professional footballers and know what will get them sent off and what wont. The two examples i've given are two stupid and unnecessary ways of getting sent off and so deserve to get slated.

The city team that played last night struggled to beat Coalville, if you want us to field a team that will play to this level I guess we should promote all of last nights side to the first team.

Please get a grip we are still (thankfully) going to be playing Championship teams next year and need a team that can compete with them, bring the kids in when they are ready and not before.

Porter and Dodds have both had excellent seasons for the academy and reserve team and I do think they should be given a chance in pre-season to play alongside our first team palyers, Sheehan also. I don't think Thracian honestly thinks the whole team is good enough but one or two should get the chance.

Australia is only taking a total of 5 defenders? Do they normally opt for 3 at the back, or is Hiddink praying nobody gets injured? ;)

Lately, We've been playing with- 2 wing backs (Chipperfield on the left and Emerton on the right) and 3 central defenders- will probably be- Popovic, Moore and Neil. Left Wing back cover is Lazaridis, while Milligan and Wilkshire can cover if Emerton gets injured. Beauchamp is the CB cover while Milligan can play centrally if needed also. So, its not too bad depth wise.

Bitter? I think McCarthy and Kisnorbo have been outstanding centre-backs. I can barely think of a single word of criticism I've written about either of them in that position - including when they were sent off.

The point I made was simple and unambiguous. Sheehan individually has nothing to do with it. My views on Sheehan as a player are well known (and he easily topped a poll of who was the club's best left back midway through the season) but my reference to the sendings off has nothing to do with this.

I would have been disgusted had any City youngster been pilloried as Sheehan after his dismissal against Crewe. Young players need their confidence boosting not wrecking and it is significant that he has never figured since (even either side of his injury).

Gutter Rubbish Mate, McCarthy is a liabilty, he was to blame for many mistakes goals and he was sent off into the mix (and responsible for losing 6pts i rekon), Kisnorbo is average at best but this is the hand ROBERT KELLY has to deal with.

MACA has his heart on his sleave and in time could prove to be ok, he has to learn from his mistakes, I wouldnt class him above MATTY HEATH at this stage but has the potential to be the next WALSH if he learns.

(some maybe down to CL tactics early doors.

Kisnorbo is not quality will never be quality and surely we should trade him NOW and get someone on a free who is capable at this level for a few seasons.

Lets face it 16/20 games have been really poor and 750K-1M would be a good price for him in anyones book.

replacement for KISSY........................Stephane Henchoz who is available on a free

Gutter Rubbish Mate, McCarthy is a liabilty, he was to blame for many mistakes goals and he was sent off into the mix (and responsible for losing 6pts i rekon), Kisnorbo is average at best but this is the hand ROBERT KELLY has to deal with.

MACA has his heart on his sleave and in time could prove to be ok, he has to learn from his mistakes, I wouldnt class him above MATTY HEATH at this stage but has the potential to be the next WALSH if he learns.

(some maybe down to CL tactics early doors.

Kisnorbo is not quality will never be quality and surely we should trade him NOW and get someone on a free who is capable at this level for a few seasons.

Lets face it 16/20 games have been really poor and 750K-1M would be a good price for him in anyones book.

replacement for KISSY........................Stephane Henchoz who is available on a free

Interesting opinion, totally disagree with it but intersting none the less. McCarthy isn't anymore advanced than Heath was at 22?? That's an insult to McCarthy, Matt Heath is one of the most incompetent defenders i've ever seen other than in the air.

McCarthy is learning from his mistakes, when he was suspended we missed him badly which shows how important he is to us. We were on play-off form when he played, almost lost without him when he didn't.

As for Kisnorbo, it's hard to tell whether he's class or not. He was poor as a midfielder but as a centre half he has been excellent. Rarely gets beaten in the air, positive in the tackle and his last ditch challenges such as the one at Millwall and against Palace are class. I would like to see him continue this in to next season before making a judgement on how good he is, but the fact he's stirred interest from 3 premiership teams (one that is in europe next season) means he must be doing something right.

Interesting opinion, totally disagree with it but intersting none the less. McCarthy isn't anymore advanced than Heath was at 22?? That's an insult to McCarthy, Matt Heath is one of the most incompetent defenders i've ever seen other than in the air.

McCarthy is learning from his mistakes, when he was suspended we missed him badly which shows how important he is to us. We were on play-off form when he played, almost lost without him when he didn't.

As for Kisnorbo, it's hard to tell whether he's class or not. He was poor as a midfielder but as a centre half he has been excellent. Rarely gets beaten in the air, positive in the tackle and his last ditch challenges such as the one at Millwall and against Palace are class. I would like to see him continue this in to next season before making a judgement on how good he is, but the fact he's stirred interest from 3 premiership teams (one that is in europe next season) means he must be doing something right.

I quote you ...........when he was suspended we missed him badly which shows how important he is to us........... rest my case the fool got sent off and if you look at this seasons DVD you will notice how many times is it at fault.

Whose to say your right anyhow, Im always right ...get me!

Porter and Dodds have both had excellent seasons for the academy and reserve team and I do think they should be given a chance in pre-season to play alongside our first team palyers, Sheehan also. I don't think Thracian honestly thinks the whole team is good enough but one or two should get the chance.

I'm sure that they will get chances when ready but if our youth products were as good as Thracian tell us they are (all the time) we wouldn't be in the mess we are in financially, we'd either be selling great young players for great big fees and banking the money or we'd be in the premier league. We need to be realistic about the players we are bringing through and when they are able to mix it in the league.

If we got one decent player from the academy each year that would be great but we haven't really had a first class player come through for a few years, although some are beginning to make an impact. I hope that Weso can perform well enough and remain fit enough to be a regular next year. IMO Stearman hasn't improved this year and needs to show some progress next year.

All you say is true.

FFS Stearmen, Weslowski, Chris o'Grady, have all come on leaps and bounds this season. Youth is quite blatently getting chance if its good enough. I don't see Arsenal rushing to play Lupoli and he scores a hat trick every reserve game. Dodds should go out on loan if anything, as should levi porter. First team experince can be vital and even League Two is a much higher level then most reserve teams. If not it is definatley more competative. Maybe they should get on the bench once or twice, but then maybe the manager feels they are not ready......probabley as, whilst they look good against the mighty Coalville town.

THE FOOTBALL YOU ARE WATCHING IS A MUCH LOWER STANDERD THEN THAT OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP !!!

I notice you've gone back to blameing Alan Sheehans bad form on the fans/the manager/bad luck/the groundsman etc. As I said before, he's form is his own fault and he needs to sort it. If what you say is true then its no wonder Momo Sylla never plays well, not getting in the team and always getting booed.

Fox in a box Stephane Henchoz is 33 in September, why sell Kisnorbo who is 25 and get Henchoz in as a replacement.

I'm sure that they will get chances when ready but if our youth products were as good as Thracian tell us they are (all the time) we wouldn't be in the mess we are in financially, we'd either be selling great young players for great big fees and banking the money or we'd be in the premier league. We need to be realistic about the players we are bringing through and when they are able to mix it in the league.

If we got one decent player from the academy each year that would be great but we haven't really had a first class player come through for a few years, although some are beginning to make an impact. I hope that Weso can perform well enough and remain fit enough to be a regular next year. IMO Stearman hasn't improved this year and needs to show some progress next year.

Surely the most controversial comment of the season. But thinking about it, it's hard to better his performances from last season. In the 9 games he played i'm sure he was man of the match in a few of them. Are you saying he's had a pretty poor season? I though he's been our best player behind Gudjonsson who only gets my vote because of the goals he scored. Stearman has made some mistakes but he's had some absolutely blinding games, interesting comments though.

Surely the most controversial comment of the season. But thinking about it, it's hard to better his performances from last season. In the 9 games he played i'm sure he was man of the match in a few of them. Are you saying he's had a pretty poor season? I though he's been our best player behind Gudjonsson who only gets my vote because of the goals he scored. Stearman has made some mistakes but he's had some absolutely blinding games, interesting comments though.

Big ones at that - hey!

He's had some shockers this season, his performance on the last day was the worst performance at right back I have seen in a few years. He needs to move to a central position, maybe defensive CM to progress. I hope they can find the right formula, if not we could be saying what a great prospect he was in a few years.

He's had some shockers this season, his performance on the last day was the worst performance at right back I have seen in a few years. He needs to move to a central position, maybe defensive CM to progress. I hope they can find the right formula, if not we could be saying what a great prospect he was in a few years.

Matt Piper all over again!

Would you cash in on him now?

I didn't go that game so can't comment but let's not forget the blinders he had against Tottenham, QPR, Coventry away and a few others. He did have a nightmare against Plymouth aswell recently didn't he? Not good.

Still think he's got the potential to be quality, even at right back. Far better than Maybury so until we sort that area out he'll stay at right back.

Matt Piper all over again!

Not really, Piper was struck with a series of major injuries after proving he was a great player in his position, I think Stearman is in danger of believing the hype and settling for a move to a position that doesn't utilise his talent.

Would you cash in on him now?

I didn't go that game so can't comment but let's not forget the blinders he had against Tottenham, QPR, Coventry away and a few others. He did have a nightmare against Plymouth aswell recently didn't he? Not good.

Still think he's got the potential to be quality, even at right back. Far better than Maybury so until we sort that area out he'll stay at right back.

Hell yes but only if the price was right, we can't afford not to.

Not really, Piper was struck with a series of major injuries after proving he was a great player in his position, I think Stearman is in danger of believing the hype and settling for a move to a position that doesn't utilise his talent.

Isn't one of his talents pushing forward though? It's led to a few goals from both himself and other players this season. I haven't been aware that he's been as bad as you say, perhaps i've been blinkered by the fact he's such a great prospect buy his ratings he gets from fans each match suggests he's had a great season considering the year the team as a whole has had.

I would personally like to see him in a 3 man defence alongside Kisnorbo and McCarthy, but I doubt Kelly will be up for that.

Would you take less than a million and run? I wouldn't take anything less than £1.5 million.

It's a market lead thing but I'd hope to get well over a million for him, he has undeniable potential.

Archived