Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Apparently we're in talks to keep Kisnorbo happy

Isn't one of his talents pushing forward though? It's led to a few goals from both himself and other players this season. I haven't been aware that he's been as bad as you say, perhaps i've been blinkered by the fact he's such a great prospect buy his ratings he gets from fans each match suggests he's had a great season considering the year the team as a whole has had.

I would personally like to see him in a 3 man defence alongside Kisnorbo and McCarthy, but I doubt Kelly will be up for that.

I've said for a longtime that he could be best suited to a holding midfield role (Viera) but it's never been tried.

He is only 18. He's allowed the odd shocker :ermm: he's performances have warrented a permenant place in the team and the young player of the year award so I think saying he hasnt improved at all hs absloutley Ridic.

Bow?

I quote you ...........when he was suspended we missed him badly which shows how important he is to us........... rest my case the fool got sent off and if you look at this seasons DVD you will notice how many times is it at fault.

Whose to say your right anyhow, Im always right ...get me!

Bit contradictory if I understand you correctly, you say he has the potential to be the next Steve Walsh, you then slate him for being sent off, isn't Walshy the record holder in English football for the most sendings off, a lot of which were entirely avoidable? So he's got that aspect of Walshy's wrapped up.

I'm sure that they will get chances when ready but if our youth products were as good as Thracian tell us they are (all the time) we wouldn't be in the mess we are in financially, we'd either be selling great young players for great big fees and banking the money or we'd be in the premier league. We need to be realistic about the players we are bringing through and when they are able to mix it in the league.

If we got one decent player from the academy each year that would be great but we haven't really had a first class player come through for a few years, although some are beginning to make an impact. I hope that Weso can perform well enough and remain fit enough to be a regular next year. IMO Stearman hasn't improved this year and needs to show some progress next year.

Some good points in this whole debate including further along the thread and I think it interesting that you mention Stearman for defensive midfield because it would enable him to use his considerable skills more creatively without having to be the last line of defence where he can be quite vulnerable (especially when the ball's in the air).

It often happens but please don't think I consider we have brilliant youth players. Apart from Chambers I don't and Ric Flair is quite right that I only believe perhaps three or four (counting Chambers) have a realistic chance of pushing for the first team anytime soon and that's not because they are anything like the finished article - they are just better than some of the negative players who do get picked (and whose names have been well documented.

Stearman has been injured for many of the end of season matches and that reflected in his play. In my view it says something for his character and commitment that he just got on with it and made a mainly reasonable contribution in what were very ordinary all round performances.

The big problem for Leicester will be making the transition from spoiling football to Academy-type football.

What I want to see is positive footballers in every position for Leicester. People who know how to close down the opposition but who all pose an attacking threat as well. Three or four of our players just don't do the attacking part and we have delayed and delayed replacing them.

Apart from our strikers we have to bank some goals from the wings, from midfield and a few from defence to become a force and it is time Kelly stopped trying to be friends with everyone and started taking some harsh decisions towards that end.

Whether this will offer an opportunity for Academy players remains to be seen.

But to me people like Dodds who score bags of goals are better on a subs bench than people who don't score and people like Levi who make endless goals are better than people who don't. That is as far as I would go.

If they are not up to it then we must look elsewhere but they and others are positive players and one thing's for sure - the negative players have to go if we intend to move forward.

Since Kisnorbo dropped into the backline, he amongst others shone towards the end of the season.

I for one was never on his back gang. I did think he was shocking in midfield and couldnt understand when I read the questionnaire with Danny Tiatto and Danny was asked if he could pick anyone in the world to base his team around, he picked Kisnorbo.

But at the end of the season you could slowly see why. Of course Danny was a bit bias towards his fellow Aussie but i could agree more. Both the Paddys at the back play with pride, determination and a willing to win at all costs.

If I was the Leicester board I would seriously offer him a longer and better contract. He is a young lad, who had a serious injury before joining us and we are just seeing the qualities he has.

He will get better and better and when you look at the centre backs at certain Premiership clubs, Blackburn, Everton, Middlesborough, Portsmouth to name a few, on the end of season form he would walk into any of their teams. I havent just got my Leicester City blinkers on. I have seen some shocking players grace the Blue shirt of City, but not for a very long time have I seen such potential in a player.

Today's mockery: Also explains Stearman's injury

Kisnorbo earns contract talks by Andy Mann

Kisnorbo17032006.gifPatrick Kisnorbo's end-of-season form for Leicester City could earn him a new contract at the club.

The defender, who has returned to Australia to spend time with his family during the close-season, still has two years left on his current deal.

However, his agent Lou Sticca today said discussions have opened between the club and Kisnorbo over improved terms and a possible extension.

Kisnorbo was often outstanding in his first campaign at the Walkers Stadium, particularly in the last third of the season as City escaped relegation.

Relegated Birmingham have been heavily linked with a move for Kisnorbo, with manager Steve Bruce seeing the defender in the draw at Coventry. Everton and Blackburn have also been linked with him.

But Sticca said Kisnorbo, who has missed out on a place in the Australia World Cup squad, was “delighted” to be playing for City, while manager Robert Kelly sees the Aussie as a key part of his plans.

Sticca said: “Rob has made it very clear that he is not for sale and that Patrick is a valued player. They are looking to see what they can do to provide him with a better deal.

“Patrick is very happy playing under Rob and is delighted to be playing at Leicester City.

“If we can make that marriage even more attractive, if it's more long-term, then fantastic. There's no real urgency.

“It is great to know that the club thinks so highly of him.”

City boss Kelly said: “Patrick has still got two years left on his contract and is very much in the club's plans.”

Meanwhile, City defender Richard Stearman has been diagnosed with a small tear in the cartilage in his right knee.

The club today said the problem was not serious and were confident Stearman would be fit for the new season.

However, City's Young Player of the Year has been advised to take two weeks' rest to help clear up the injury.

Kelly said: “We have been advised that he needs a couple of weeks' complete rest. We are confident that it will be okay for the start of the season.”

Today's mockery: Also explains Stearman's injury

Kisnorbo earns contract talks by Andy Mann

Kisnorbo17032006.gifPatrick Kisnorbo's end-of-season form for Leicester City could earn him a new contract at the club.

The defender, who has returned to Australia to spend time with his family during the close-season, still has two years left on his current deal.

However, his agent Lou Sticca today said discussions have opened between the club and Kisnorbo over improved terms and a possible extension.

Kisnorbo was often outstanding in his first campaign at the Walkers Stadium, particularly in the last third of the season as City escaped relegation.

Relegated Birmingham have been heavily linked with a move for Kisnorbo, with manager Steve Bruce seeing the defender in the draw at Coventry. Everton and Blackburn have also been linked with him.

But Sticca said Kisnorbo, who has missed out on a place in the Australia World Cup squad, was “delighted” to be playing for City, while manager Robert Kelly sees the Aussie as a key part of his plans.

Sticca said: “Rob has made it very clear that he is not for sale and that Patrick is a valued player. They are looking to see what they can do to provide him with a better deal.

“Patrick is very happy playing under Rob and is delighted to be playing at Leicester City.

“If we can make that marriage even more attractive, if it's more long-term, then fantastic. There's no real urgency.

“It is great to know that the club thinks so highly of him.”

City boss Kelly said: “Patrick has still got two years left on his contract and is very much in the club's plans.”

Meanwhile, City defender Richard Stearman has been diagnosed with a small tear in the cartilage in his right knee.

The club today said the problem was not serious and were confident Stearman would be fit for the new season.

However, City's Young Player of the Year has been advised to take two weeks' rest to help clear up the injury.

Kelly said: “We have been advised that he needs a couple of weeks' complete rest. We are confident that it will be okay for the start of the season.”

Have they given Kisnorbo a cartoon face on that picture? It's scary.

Hmm. I don't like it. If we up his wages, other players will want their wages upped as well. And we should be spending that money on new players. He's only had 1/2 a good season and he still has two years left on his contract. Hopefully its just agent talk. As I said before, I'd rather sell him, bring in someone like McAuley on a free transfer and the same wages Kisnorbo has now, then use the money from the sale to buy in a good quality midfielder.

Bit contradictory if I understand you correctly, you say he has the potential to be the next Steve Walsh, you then slate him for being sent off, isn't Walshy the record holder in English football for the most sendings off, a lot of which were entirely avoidable? So he's got that aspect of Walshy's wrapped up.

your always right........... I bumped into him 2 weeks ago (walshy) back in Leicester for a few days, they day before the fun run with the BIRCH TREE!

now theres a name for a pub!

Hmm. I don't like it. If we up his wages, other players will want their wages upped as well. And we should be spending that money on new players. He's only had 1/2 a good season and he still has two years left on his contract. Hopefully its just agent talk. As I said before, I'd rather sell him, bring in someone like McAuley on a free transfer and the same wages Kisnorbo has now, then use the money from the sale to buy in a good quality midfielder.

Cant agree with you more louise, as mentioned 'that lad from lincoln' earlier on somewhere on this thread.

As with Gillespie, he only started playing decent when his contract was being looked at. :yawn:

Cant agree with you more louise, as mentioned 'that lad from lincoln' earlier on somewhere on this thread.

As with Gillespie, he only started playing decent when his contract was being looked at. :yawn:

I don't think Kisnorbo can be accused of playing well to gain himself a contract - he played well long before the contract talks opened (last couple of weeks judging by the article). Besides, he was already under contract for another 2 years, so he shouldn't really have been worrying too much about his contract ...

Kisnorbo might be on a very small wage though, it wouldn't surprise me. So therefore he deserves a rise, even if others might want one aswell.

Kisnorbo might be on a very small wage though, it wouldn't surprise me. So therefore he deserves a rise, even if others might want one aswell.

He may be on a 'small' wage, but I can't imagine we have any players on 8k p/w.

rab douglas wooooah rab douglas wooooah he used to be alright but now hes *****ng shite rab douglas wooooah rab douglas woooah he cannot catch the ball, dont know how to call rab douglas woooah

Good stuff :thumbup:

Archived