Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Apparently we're in talks to keep Kisnorbo happy

Recommended Posts

Posted

The source is an Aussie newspaper who he spoke to briefly upon arriving home (Dated May 6th).

Daily Telegrah (AUS)

Blackburn, Everton and relegated Birmingham City are all admirers while Leicester boss Rob Kelly has opened discussions aimed at delivering to Kisnorbo – who has two years left on his current deal – a new contract worth in excess of $1 million a year.

Just as a guide: $1m is about £414,000 a year - or almost £8,000 a week.

Posted

I agree Louise, 8k a week is a lot to pay out considering the budget we have available, especially for a player who has had at best had a decent run of 15 games.

Posted

It's his speed, commitment and essentially clean-tackling which makes him a potentially valuable defender and if we cannot hold off the hoardes we shouldn't go giving him away. There's much to work on (like his passing for a start) but he's like newly-mined gold just waiting to be fashioned into something of note.

Posted

If he thinks he's Billy Big Bollocks now, get rid.

I don't think he's acting that way, I think it's probably more a case of Rob Kelly trying to keep what he's got so he doesn't have to go shopping.

Posted

If 8 grand a week makes him happy, and we can secure him for another a few years, then it means his value increases. team will pay more as they know hes happy here and so they wont be able to unsettle him as easily. if he gets a new contract, it will mean teams will pay extra because city know they can hold out for more money. scouts at the clubs that are interested are not stupid - they wont only have watched him in games, they will have tracked him through training etc. they can tell if a player has class or form. it seems kis has both!! :thumbup:

Guest Gist
Posted

It's his speed, commitment and essentially clean-tackling which makes him a potentially valuable defender and if we cannot hold off the hoardes we shouldn't go giving him away. There's much to work on (like his passing for a start) but he's like newly-mined gold just waiting to be fashioned into something of note.

That's not always the case ........ Cov away :whistle:

Posted

If this club wants to progress and end up challenging for a play off place then it is essential that they

keep and dont listen to offers for players like patrcik kisnorbo.

others included there are

mccarthy, stearman, fryatt, huime, sheehan.

anything less than a £2 million offer for any of them would be pointless.

we stand to achieve more with them here than not here at all cos we wouldnt be able to spend the say £500,000 we might get for stearman from wigan on a better player than him.

the club cant sell these guys. they must keep them this season

Posted

That's not always the case ........ Cov away :whistle:

I'm surprised you even noticed. No-one else chastised him as I recall. Uusually its only Sheehan gets pilloried when he's sent off for a bit of rashness. :whistle:

Oh yes, there's one other but I won't mention him. It upsets Manwell Pablo!.

Posted

I'm surprised you even noticed. No-one else chastised him as I recall. Uusually its only Sheehan gets pilloried when he's sent off for a bit of rashness. :whistle:

What? I remember loads of people critisising him, calling him an idiot etc.

Posted

What? I remember loads of people critisising him, calling him an idiot etc.

Nope, no one get any abuse on this board only sheehan. :thumbup:

Posted

For getting sent off I said.

When McCarthy and Kisnorbo were sent off it was largely glossed over.

When Sheehan was sent off he got hammered and there was barely a flicker of sympathy.

Posted

For getting sent off I said.

When McCarthy and Kisnorbo were sent off it was largely glossed over.

When Sheehan was sent off he got hammered and there was barely a flicker of sympathy.

Why are you so bitter towards players that play for our club more than your precious Alan?

Posted

Why are you so bitter towards players that play for our club more than your precious Alan?

Bitter? I think McCarthy and Kisnorbo have been outstanding centre-backs. I can barely think of a single word of criticism I've written about either of them in that position - including when they were sent off.

The point I made was simple and unambiguous. Sheehan individually has nothing to do with it. My views on Sheehan as a player are well known (and he easily topped a poll of who was the club's best left back midway through the season) but my reference to the sendings off has nothing to do with this.

I would have been disgusted had any City youngster been pilloried as Sheehan after his dismissal against Crewe. Young players need their confidence boosting not wrecking and it is significant that he has never figured since (even either side of his injury).

Posted

Yet again another thread descends into an Alan Sheehan argument. :nono:

Posted

Bitter? I think McCarthy and Kisnorbo have been outstanding centre-backs. I can barely think of a single word of criticism I've written about either of them in that position - including when they were sent off.

The point I made was simple and unambiguous. Sheehan individually has nothing to do with it. My views on Sheehan as a player are well known (and he easily topped a poll of who was the club's best left back midway through the season) but my reference to the sendings off has nothing to do with this.

I would have been disgusted had any City youngster been pilloried as Sheehan after his dismissal against Crewe. Young players need their confidence boosting not wrecking and it is significant that he has never figured since (even either side of his injury).

The reason Sheehan was criticised so badly was that he had already been booked for making a stupid and needless handball in a potentially dangerous area, knowing he was on a booking he still made this reckless miss timed challenge. How can you sympathise with that?

When McCarthy got sent off he was adjudged to be the last man and we all know he wasn't and was very harshly sent off when a booking would've been appropiate.

When Kisnorbo got sent off (which he deserved) he was getting fouled all the way up until he made the challenge, (i could see it, im sure 5,000 other leicester fans did to) and lost his head purely out of frustartion, surely you can sympathise with that?

If Sheehan was so special, he'd be where Stearman and Weslowski are.

Posted

Well, Kisnorbo didn't make the Australia World Cup squad, bit of a shame really.

Australia is only taking a total of 6 defenders? Do they normally opt for 3 at the back, or is Hiddink praying nobody gets injured? ;)

Posted

Yet again another thread descends into an Alan Sheehan argument. :nono:

That can easily change. If you want to villify some other City youngster for showing a bit of nievity I'll defend him instead. You want to make this a Sheehan issue because it deflects from the fact that your attack on the lad after the Crewe game was so over the top and unnecessary.

He's been a shadow of his old self ever since Crewe. Even in last night's final he looked only half fit after his recent injury and was labelled "disappointing" by one poster.

And so he was, by his own standards, but he still aimed more crosses into the Coalville penalty area than Johansson probably managed in any three months of the season, made a permanent outlet ball for Levi Porter, laid an open goal on for Andy King (which he missed) - and made his contribution to the team winning something, all in the space of 70 minutes or so.

That's not to disguise the fact that he looked so lacking in sharpness and determination.

Whether it is confidence, motivation or simply fitness I don't know but if I were Leicester's management I'd be ashamed of my lack of achievement with Sheehan.

It is clear his team-mates appreciate him - because even on an ordinary night he was forever available and forever boosting the attack. And those team-mates are used to winning, having been unbeaten since January.

But for his own sake he needs to go somewhere where the fans appreciate him too and where the first team plays the kind of football which the Academy tries to produce because that's never going to happen with our first team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...