Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Peter Crouch

So wahat do people think of Peter Crouch, i personally think he is quite good and deserves to be in the England squad as he brings a lot to a team besides goals. Discuss :thumbup:

something different to bring on and change the game if needs be, he could cause a few of these defences a bit of discomfort and leave space for others.

certainly not a starter! but i would take him

I think he serves a purpose can come on hold the ball up and the majority of foreign players don't seem to have any idea of how to play him!!! although I wouldn't want him as a starter I think he could cause some problems and do well for us in Germany

Seeing how well a half-fit Dean Ashton played in the cup final, completely over-shadowing a fully-fit Crouch, reaffirmed my belief that Ashton should be in the world cup squad.

Crouch is a decent player but should be nothing more than a plan b option from the bench.

Guest Gist

I was thinking that yesterday that Ashton should go and how he isn't in the squad ahead of some of the sh*t that are.

I was thinking that yesterday that Ashton should go and how he isn't in the squad ahead of some of the sh*t that are.

Another striker should have been taken instead of either Jenas or Hargreaves. They are both pretty much defensive midfielders, for which we already have Carrick.

So that's three defensive midfielders, four if you include Carragher who can play there.

Why do we need that many? :rolleyes:

Guest Gist

Another striker should have been taken instead of either Jenas or Hargreaves. They are both pretty much defensive midfielders, for which we already have Carrick.

So that's three defensive midfielders, four if you include Carragher who can play there.

Why do we need that many? :rolleyes:

No we certainly don't, what has sven done :unsure:

Am I right in thinking that we can only replace injured players in the squad and only with those who are on the standby list?

Still not sure on what the rules are.

Unfortunately, Sven has stuck with his favourites, players who are vastly overrated. Jenas? Hargreaves? Simply a waste of a world-cup place.

So wahat do people think of Peter Crouch, i personally think he is quite good and deserves to be in the England squad as he brings a lot to a team besides goals. Discuss :thumbup:

If he was not 6' 7" he would not get a look in. So it means we will be playing hoof ball. :huh::unsure::(

You won't be saying that when they've won this cup :ph34r:

No. I'll probably be pissed up and celebrating, going on about how the queen should knight him. Sir Sven :D

As a betting man, I am not going to be putting a few quid on England to win.

However, If we do win the world cup, it will be because of the players who deserve their place. Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Joe Cole, Beckham, Neville, Robinson. All quality players who would walk into most of the best national teams in the world . These are the very best of the talent we have to offer. How much their performances are down to Sven, I have to question. On top of that, I don't think Jenas or Hargreaves will play much of a part (but for a few cameo 5 minutes here and there, when things don't matter).

Archived