Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

John Marshall

The OS has announced that a 'John Marshall' has been appointed Chief Scout. Apparently, Marshall worked at Fulham, during Tigana's reign. RK has also said that (only !), "one more Coach will be appointed, before the start of the season".

The OS has announced that a 'John Marshall' has been appointed Chief Scout. Marshall has worked at Fulham (during Tigana's reign). RK has also said that (only !), "one more Coach will be appointed, before the start of the season".

Bald Reynard has anyone else ever said you use brackets far too much? :D:D

Bringing him in means Stowell and Kelly can concentrate on coaching, etc which is what they've said instead of also having to trapse round the country and possibly europe checking out players all the while. Kelly is also bringing in another coach to help them so this is still good news.

I like the sound of having a chief scout, let's hope he can unearth some good players that don't cost alot!

Bringing him in means Stowell and Kelly can concentrate on coaching, etc which is what they've said instead of also having to trapse round the country and possibly europe checking out players all the while. Kelly is also bringing in another coach to help them so this is still good news.

I like the sound of having a chief scout, let's hope he can unearth some good players that don't cost alot!

I like the idea of being a chief scout - how good a job would that be!!!

I like the idea of being a chief scout - how good a job would that be!!!

How good the job is depends on how good the football you're going to be watching is. :P

So just hope you don't hear about a decent prospect at a pants side like MK Dons. :ermm:

How good the job is depends on how good the football you're going to be watching is. :P

So just hope you don't hear about a decent prospect at a pants side like MK Dons. :ermm:

Any standard of football would be fine with me.

The most games in a week you would go to would be 4/5, 3 hours a game - 15 hours - must be a good salary - company car. Play golf in the weekday mornings.

Great

Any standard of football would be fine with me.

The most games in a week you would go to would be 4/5, 3 hours a game - 15 hours - must be a good salary - company car. Play golf in the weekday mornings.

Great

I think there's probably a bit more than just watching 4 or 5 games a week.

They surely don't just attend league games, they might go to reserve games, academy games, or maybe go along to see the players training even.

And there's probably more to do with their time than just watch football - surely they must do other research too, you've got to find out who you should be watching to begin with.

It's probably still a lot more interesting than your regular office job, but I don't think it's a part-time thing (which 15 hours a week suggests) ...

Some where in my house I have a scout report from Dave Bassett's time in charge at the club. The report was on Everton and the detail stretched to "Radzinski- Diver!!!". I'm sure some scouts are more thorough than others but that's just an example of a scout report for you.

I think it's a good move. It's important that Rob is given as much time as possible to do what he's good at and that's working with our players. Having a chief scout will enable him to waste as little time as possible chasing pointless targets. I'm sure Rob will want to see any player that he signs for himself before actually doing a deal but the chief scout will be able to pin-point those players that look worthwhile and then leave the rest up to Rob to decide for himself. It's the small details that help the bigger things run smoother.

I think there's probably a bit more than just watching 4 or 5 games a week.

They surely don't just attend league games, they might go to reserve games, academy games, or maybe go along to see the players training even.

And there's probably more to do with their time than just watch football - surely they must do other research too, you've got to find out who you should be watching to begin with.

It's probably still a lot more interesting than your regular office job, but I don't think it's a part-time thing (which 15 hours a week suggests) ...

Well, if it was me - Rob kelly says "Collymore, please get me a scout report of the English League Conference by Friday" I simply doss for the week, then Thursday night, load up FM 2006 and get my virtual scout to do my job for me. Rob will be extremely pleased with the detail I have mustered on all of these players and give me a well earned payrise to piss up the wall and gamble away. Could work couldn't it?

Archived