Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

3-5-2

brazil use wing backs, current world champions, does that ring any bells?

Granted Brazil play with attacking full-backs but certainly not in a 3-5-2 system. In fact, everybody attacks in the Brazil team except the goalkeeper, centre-backs and the two holding central midfielders.

I think it is premature to worry about systems just yet. Kelly has surely not finished his summer signings.

All I want to see is the system fit the players rather than being obsessed with the players fitting a pre-conceived system.

I think it is premature to worry about systems just yet. Kelly has surely not finished his summer signings.

All I want to see is the system fit the players rather than being obsessed with the players fitting a pre-conceived system.

Kelly has to sign players for a pre-conceived system otherwise it would indicate he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Kelly has to sign players for a pre-conceived system otherwise it would indicate he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

I think the way he turned the season around for us proves that he does have a little bit more of an idea about than I do with my FM2006 experience. Now, I am cruising for the Premiership with a flat 442 but I stole Ronaldinho... now maybe that would be a plan for Kelly?

Whatever players we get in the summer I much prefer 4-4-2 than 3-5-2 because:

1) Too vague whether the wide players are wingers or wing backs

2) If you asked all of the players at the club I bet they would prefer 4-4-2

3) Players would be playing out of position. (We dont have a decent wing back, plus the people who think stearman could play right wing back really should think again, he is a centre half despite always playing right back!)

4) The defence at times is not trustworthy enough in a 4 never mind a 3

The only good thing about 3-5-2 is that we have lots of accomplished centre halves and could easily fill the 3 at the back

Whatever players we get in the summer I much prefer 4-4-2 than 3-5-2 because:

1) Too vague whether the wide players are wingers or wing backs

2) If you asked all of the players at the club I bet they would prefer 4-4-2

3) Players would be playing out of position. (We dont have a decent wing back, plus the people who think stearman could play right wing back really should think again, he is a centre half despite always playing right back!)

4) The defence at times is not trustworthy enough in a 4 never mind a 3

The only good thing about 3-5-2 is that we have lots of accomplished centre halves and could easily fill the 3 at the back

The Sunday Times supplement carried a review of Englands tactics by Jol ~ and the upshot was that 442 fails when a team fields a playmaker in the centre, and he advocated a diamond formation to counter such a situation with Brasil and France ... but how often do we see such stylists in the Championship?

I reckon 442 wins in our league

i agree with the squad we have now i believe this to be the best team

-------------------Henderson-------------------

-------Kisnorbo---McCarthy---Johnasson----

Stearman----------------------------Sheehan

--------Hughes-Wesolowski-Williams--------

----------------Hume-------Fryatt-------------

right bring on the slating

Exactly the team I went for in another thread! :thumbup:

Archived