Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

What would you do?

Andrew Taylor say's it's a choice between  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Read the Quote and then decide

• Buying Back the Stadium
    • Buying a 20 goal a season striker to keep us in the Premier
    • Improving the Academy

Second, we could do it by (predominantly) footballing means. Let's say we gained promotion into the Premier League after next season and received the Premier League dividend of £20-odd million, what would be the best deployment of that capital, buying the stadium, investing in the squad to keep us in the top tier or improving the academy (or something else)....? I wonder how many fans would think it a good idea to invest the Premier League "windfall" in buying back the stadium rather than buy a 20 goal-a-season striker who could keep us in the top flight.

As Chairman I need the Board to work through the decisions it takes. These are big decisions and we have to think through unintended consequences.

Full article here

surely a second/third etc season in the premiership would bring a second helping of dosh!!

It could but you can't guarantee that he will get the 20 goals or that a twenty goal a season striker will keep you up.

Pah, why can't we do it all? 25 million for going up to the Prem (actually closer to 30 million now with the new deal). 16 of that to Teachers, 6 on a good striker (theoretically we'd still have Fryatt/Hume/Another Good striker that would have scored us the goals to get up in the first place) and the rest on the academy. See, everyone is happy. :)

This club seriously needs to be a bit more positive in their thinking. If you go into the Premiership in a positive way then you give yourselves every chance of doing a Wigan/West Ham and stay up. That will then allow us to achieve all three the following season. I don't like the idea of going up to just come back down, we'll embarrass ourselves like Sunderland did last season, all for buying back the stadium.

Unfortunately we need positive thinking now if we're going to get there, I'm not seeing any.

buying the stadium, that then frees up a massive chuck of our monthly budget to invest in the other areas, plus we could then start doing what cov and derby do and make money from gigs in the summer and start to turn a profit from simply not having to pay rent

Get us in the prem, Try and keep us there (Even if we're spending years fighting against relegation but at the same time making improvement every year).

Staying in the prem = More money...More Money = Pay of the stadium/Improve the Academy.

But getting to the prem and staying in the prem are years away I think!

Archived