Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
macbeth

unwarranted abusive replies

I didn't...I noticed a rather crap line placed through the word.

It wasn't my aim to delete it but to demonstrate what could disappear if people persue the demand for censorship. There was also suppposed to be an element of irony by striking out the word Nazi as the example as their rise to power was largely on the back of censorship and manipulation of the media.

It wasn't my aim to delete it but to demonstrate what could disappear if people persue the demand for censorship. There was also suppposed to be an element of irony by striking out the word Nazi as the example as their rise to power was largely on the back of censorship and manipulation of the media.

americans don't do irony .........its in the constitution :huh:

i don't think you can have a different set of values on a forum than you would in normal conversation; i've just witnessed the word nazi deleted from a thread on the viva italy thread aimed at germanns in general but posters get away with far worse on a personal level

for instance if someone called another member a paedophile or something then that member should be given an apology by the sender or stopped from posting.

One or two sites have sailed close to the wind regarding various comments over the last 12 months and some have been advisedly withdrawn after pressure (remember the Leicester City redundancies threads involving The Birch and other aspects of that story). Care is needed. Comment on forums is actionable in the same way as if published/broadcast anywhere else if considered to be libellous or slanderous.

To my mind, calling someone a paedophile, or a wife beater, or anything illegal/immoral/offensive, if it is untrue or you have no proof, would be extremely risky if that person could show themselves to be widely known (many fans know their friends username and managers/players/directors certainly come into that category) and if he/she, as a consequence, finds their job/family life/credibility adversely affected.

This forum seems particularly well and sensibly policed but other sites, both here and across the country seem to take considerable, and largely unnecessary, risks in what they allow.

i don't think you can have a different set of values on a forum than you would in normal conversation; i've just witnessed the word nazi deleted from a thread on the viva italy thread aimed at germanns in general but posters get away with far worse on a personal level

for instance if someone called another member a paedophile or something then that member should be given an apology by the sender or stopped from posting.

I guess the deciding factor is the level of relationship that has developed. It's perfectly normal I believe for 'good mates' to verbally abuse each as it's is seen as part of the banter and repartee that can build up between them.

Perhaps people see other posters, through conversations on here although they haven't met, as mates and therefore feel they can behave in the same way. Good examples are TPH / Knighton Matt and Bertfox / Libertine (hopefully I've got that correct apologies if I haven't) However this is very difficult to judge without that face to face contact. New posters may not be aware of this and misunderstand the situation believing that there are a lot abusive people on here.

That's not to say all so called 'abusive responses' fall into this category.

I guess the deciding factor is the level of relationship that has developed. It's perfectly normal I believe for 'good mates' to verbally abuse each as it's is seen as part of the banter and repartee that can build up between them.

Perhaps people see other posters, through conversations on here although they haven't met, as mates and therefore feel they can behave in the same way. Good examples are TPH / Knighton Matt and Bertfox / Libertine (hopefully I've got that correct apologies if I haven't) However this is very difficult to judge without that face to face contact. New posters may not be aware of this and misunderstand the situation believing that there are a lot abusive people on here.

That's not to say all so called 'abusive responses' fall into this category.

Also; Manwell Pablo/Thracian, Ultra/TPH, Fez/Fez :D

:thumbup: see things in different light now ;didn't understand the banter history :blush: mind at peace now ; thanks davie g and the rest

Do you work for the Mockery or was that just mockery. :):D

Fezzler!

Where were you last night on msn?

Big convo.

Didn't get home til 11. Overtime til 7.30 then straight to a mates house for the France game.

Hardcore.

Plus I don't really use MSN much. After a whole day of looking at and talking about computers, the last thing I want to do in the evening is go on the computer.

It's gynaecologists I feel sorry for.

Didn't get home til 11. Overtime til 7.30 then straight to a mates house for the France game.

Hardcore.

Plus I don't really use MSN much. After a whole day of looking at and talking about computers, the last thing I want to do in the evening is go on the computer.

It's gynaecologists I feel sorry for.

Priceless.

You'd have loved it though.

I think James The Pope enjoyed himself :whistle:

You remember the little kids who could name any football league ground by a picture of it? I used to reckon I could do that. That memory man with the 'tache was amazing! He was on loads of stuff. I can't remember any other programme he was on. But I bet he could!

You remember the little kids who could name any football league ground by a picture of it? I used to reckon I could do that. That memory man with the 'tache was amazing! He was on loads of stuff. I can't remember any other programme he was on. But I bet he could!

I reckon, ironically, that's the only thing he can't remember.

Pssst Alanis, we've got the makings of a song here.

I reckon, ironically, that's the only thing he can't remember.

Pssst Alanis, we've got the makings of a song here.

Who in their right mind would call their daughter Alanis? Alana is another one. As a rule, putting a vowel on the end of a boys name does not a girls name make.

Archived