Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Attention all Foxiles

e.g LCFC fans who live outside of easy commuting distant of Filbert Way. So not just Ozzy Foxes, Yanky Foxes but Newcy Foxes, Scotty Foxes well you should have got the idea by now :P

Would you be interested in, have a use for and use a forum dedicated just for your needs? If there is sufficient demand our beloved has offered to set one up aalongside General Chat etc.

We wouldn't want it to be used instead of the other forums, so is it a goer.

If yes what would you like it to be called, Foxiles is an obvious choice but you may have a more interesting, relevant name.

So post on here:

Where you are based:

Interested Yes/No

Name of Forum: ??????

e.g LCFC fans who live outside of easy commuting distant of Filbert Way. So not just Ozzy Foxes, Yanky Foxes but Newcy Foxes, Scotty Foxes well you should have got the idea by now :P

Would you be interested in, have a use for and use a forum dedicated just for your needs? If there is sufficient demand our beloved has offered to set one up aalongside General Chat etc.

We wouldn't want it to be used instead of the other forums, so is it a goer.

If yes what would you like it to be called, Foxiles is an obvious choice but you may have a more interesting, relevant name.

So post on here:

Where you are based:

Interested Yes/No

Name of Forum: ??????

West Sussex

Yes

"The Travelling Blue Army"

I think it could be useful in bringing foxiles together in order to possibly arrange transport etc, i.e meet up and travel together whether that be via public transport or possibly car share. :) Apart from the above I cannot see that we need a seperate forum for any other reason. Personally I use this forum to keep up to date with news and rumours as the local guys are normally more informing than the OS or other footy sites. :thumbup:

I agree it's a great idea, but travelling doesn't make sense outside of the U.K., since the worldwide support for LCFC is scattered around the globe, and judging from this messageboard, they're either in the States, Canada, Australiaor the European mainland.

I'm lucky enough to live close to one international airport (Zurich) and another one that can be reached quite easily by train (Geneva), so getting to East Midlands Airport is a short trip for me.

Actually, I wouldn't introduce too many separate forums within FT, as I think it's becoming too large (sometimes even a bit too confusing).

I'm based in: Ottawa, Canada

Interested: I'd probably use it if it existed, to some extent

Name: that's for someone else to decide :P

My only concern is the forum will be duplicating quite a few other forums all at once. A chance for foxiles to chat about our beloved team - we do that in the main LC forum already. A chance for foxiles to chat about stuff in general - surely that's duplicating General Discussion too. As for allowing people to discuss travel plans with other foxiles in the same area ... doesn't that coincide with our Travel forum? :ermm:

With that in mind, Florida Fox is probably on the money - good idea, but how well used would the forum actually be?

As I say - if there's enough popular support to get a seperate forum established, I'll more than likely participate ;)

I also think it is a nice idea but doubt it would work, it has already been said about duplicating topics etc....

However, a dedicated travel share forum might be an idea.... I'd love to be able to travel to games with other fans, maybe even set up an East Anglian LCFC Supporters Club (unless one already exists)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok no one else seems to have much to say on this, so with only about 10 people thinking it's worthwhile it actually means forum wise its not.

So we'll let sleeping dogs (not foxiles :P ) lie for know. If we end up with riots of the poll tax variety and intensity beloved may reconsider.

Thanks to everyone that posted their views

Archived