Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Thom Yorke's new album

Anyone invested yet?

I'm thinking I might do.

You know what makes me jealous though?

Saw my cousin a couple of days ago, and he does a lot of work with old style letter presses and has recently been helping Stanley Dorwood (who did all the Radiohead album artwork from the Bends onwards) print the artwork for it, and he has a print which Stanley Dorwood did for him of the cover, and then hand signed, while they were beevering away.

n61303080_30557100_3552.jpg

It also means that my cousin has met Thom Yorke a few times. I am jealous. The bastard.

Apparently Dorwood named it Cu nt, except spelt Cnut, because it's King Canute holding back the sea. Witty.

"Amnesiac" is the best Radiohead album so far for me! But I'm sure there's a whole debate coming along with that discussion... "Pablo Honey" was a solid start, everything that followed certainly a blessing!

The only album I can't listen to is "Kid A" (apart from "Optimistic", which is absolutely awesome). Too experimental and defragmented in my eyes.

Yorke's debut has how many songs on it? 9? If they apply the regular price policy on that CD, I won't buy it.

Bought it today.. appears quite a good album.. very experimental using the influences of Autechre, Steve Reich, Squarepusher etc - good Electronica and highly recommended !! :cool:

Oh dear, oh dear

This is a weak album. Thom Yorke proves he is shit without the rest of Radiohead. Even Radioheads last few 'electronic' albums have been shit - probably because the fully electronic songs are usually Thom Yorke solo, and he has a tendency to be very self indulgent and amateurish. It's unsubtle and boring. Yorke is beginning to parody himself.

Ok, I can forgive you for liking that piece of shit, but really some of this other crap you are saying is embarrassing. 'Experimental'. Experimental in comparison to what? Britney Spears? Ah, OK, you've cleared it up by name dropping a couple of producers that you've probably never listened to. Eraser has no-where near the intricate complexity of an Autechre album or the complex amen twisting of a Squarepusher record (and to be honest I think []pusher is a bit shit). It sounds like a Bjork album with a man singing. It has some very weak glitch beats, like Yorke has just been messing around with Pro Tools and using some shitty glitch presets. Normally I like his voice, but in this record it sounds whinier than ever, and as much as Ok Computer, for instance, was uplifting, this is depressing and boring, and as I have said, he is becoming a parody of himself.

It's obvious you have never heard an Ae or Pusher record, so I wonder where you copied that statement from, ...Pitchfork perhaps? I'm sure you'll defend yourself by reeling of a list of albums and songs you have heard from them, so I'll help you get started, www.discogs.com has a list of their albums. I also see that you have dropped Aphex Twin in practically every post you have ever made about music, and I agree that he is innovative British producers, but I would hardly say influential? Influential to a very small niche of geeks and music producers perhaps. I'm sure that you haven't heard of Analord before this post. Check them out, it's good shit.

Also, I am irritated by your use of the term 'electronica'. Electronica is an ambiguous term used to describe anything slightly electronic, basically just not using typical instruments. It encompasses everything from Acid House to Psy-trance. This again indicates that your knowledge about this area of music is severly lacking. Seriously, post when you find the correct terms for the genre you are trying to fruitlessly to describe, and if you say Dolphin Music, I'll personally rip you a new a-hole.

That one small post you thought you'd drop in, hoping to make your dick look bigger by splurging out a couple of lesser-known bands that the rest of this dullard forum obviously has never heard of, has actually made you look like a total twat. In my opinion you have totally embarrassed yourself. Please make sure you actually know something about music before name dropping random bands you have never listened to.

I'm sure you'll post something about not caring or that I'm a geek, or probably just ignore this post and pretend you didn't see it, and if you do then you're a limp-wristed fag, so please try and post something else I can rip to shreds.

Oh right, a typical

Radiohead fan I can

imagine then, if everyone

doesn't agree that

Radiohead are the

greatest band ever,

then they are totally

in the wrong!

Fact.

Actually all I said was "Angry", but realised it was a bit pointless.

I have no idea what the new Thom Yorke album's like, except that it's "very experimental using the influences of Autechre, Steve Reich, Squarepusher etc - good Electronica"

Oh dear, oh dear

This is a weak album. Thom Yorke proves he is shit without the rest of Radiohead. Even Radioheads last few 'electronic' albums have been shit - probably because the fully electronic songs are usually Thom Yorke solo, and he has a tendency to be very self indulgent and amateurish. It's unsubtle and boring. Yorke is beginning to parody himself.

Ok, I can forgive you for liking that piece of shit, but really some of this other crap you are saying is embarrassing. 'Experimental'. Experimental in comparison to what? Britney Spears? Ah, OK, you've cleared it up by name dropping a couple of producers that you've probably never listened to. Eraser has no-where near the intricate complexity of an Autechre album or the complex amen twisting of a Squarepusher record (and to be honest I think []pusher is a bit shit). It sounds like a Bjork album with a man singing. It has some very weak glitch beats, like Yorke has just been messing around with Pro Tools and using some shitty glitch presets. Normally I like his voice, but in this record it sounds whinier than ever, and as much as Ok Computer, for instance, was uplifting, this is depressing and boring, and as I have said, he is becoming a parody of himself.

It's obvious you have never heard an Ae or Pusher record, so I wonder where you copied that statement from, ...Pitchfork perhaps? I'm sure you'll defend yourself by reeling of a list of albums and songs you have heard from them, so I'll help you get started, www.discogs.com has a list of their albums. I also see that you have dropped Aphex Twin in practically every post you have ever made about music, and I agree that he is innovative British producers, but I would hardly say influential? Influential to a very small niche of geeks and music producers perhaps. I'm sure that you haven't heard of Analord before this post. Check them out, it's good shit.

Also, I am irritated by your use of the term 'electronica'. Electronica is an ambiguous term used to describe anything slightly electronic, basically just not using typical instruments. It encompasses everything from Acid House to Psy-trance. This again indicates that your knowledge about this area of music is severly lacking. Seriously, post when you find the correct terms for the genre you are trying to fruitlessly to describe, and if you say Dolphin Music, I'll personally rip you a new a-hole.

That one small post you thought you'd drop in, hoping to make your dick look bigger by splurging out a couple of lesser-known bands that the rest of this dullard forum obviously has never heard of, has actually made you look like a total twat. In my opinion you have totally embarrassed yourself. Please make sure you actually know something about music before name dropping random bands you have never listened to.

I'm sure you'll post something about not caring or that I'm a geek, or probably just ignore this post and pretend you didn't see it, and if you do then you're a limp-wristed fag, so please try and post something else I can rip to shreds.

I've realised that pretentious people who know nothing about music often use the phrase 'becoming a parody of him/her/itself' in order to sound like they not what they're talking about. In terms of clumsy and amusing misuse of jargon, I enjoyed your post. I partly echo the sentiments as I didn't really enjoy the more experimental/electonica stuff which Radiohead did either, but then again each to their own and to call it amateurish is quite frankly ridiculous. Seems to me Mr Yorke wouldn't be able to win with you - he's either indulging himself with amateurish selfish projects, or pandering to the lowest common denominator and selling out on his own musical identity/direction.

Also, the Aphex Twins wasn't a ridiculous reference. I felt the original post made some good points and you just wanted to get on your high horse so you pulled out every supposedly 'high brow' musical cliche going, in order that some people might mistake you for someone with a genuine interest in and knowledge of this type of music.

Ironically perhaps, if I was to lower myself to accusing anyone of becoming a parody of themselves, it would be you and other cynical, aloof would be 'music critics' who don't know their ar se from their elbow but because they know the names of some (again supposedly) obscure artists/producers and have picked up some meaningless cliched pap phrases from old copies of NME etc, feel that they know what they're talking about.

Oh right, a typical

Radiohead fan I can

imagine then, if everyone

doesn't agree that

Radiohead are the

greatest band ever,

then they are totally

in the wrong!

You're not typing that from a mobile phone, aren't ya?

Archived