Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Durnerz

Our top Earner at City?

I dont know officially but I do think De Vries is a high earner.

I reckon its Williams, one of the only ones left, if not THE only one left signed on the Adams contract when we had some money to play about with.

I'd bet on it being one of (and the logic):

Williams - an MA signing

Nissa - joined from a Premiership side.

Douglas - coming from Celtic.

Hughes might be on quite a bit, tho probably less than Williams.

MDV might be top 5, but I don't see him or any of the ex-Jambos having the highest.

I'd say it probably isn't Douglas - instead of getting a large paypacket, he was probably persuaded to accept a longer contract instead.

Thinking about it, if Kisnorbo gets the contract it's rumoured he'll be offered, he'd probably be right up at the top or very close to.

Williams or Nissa are the likely highest earners.

I'd bet on it being one of (and the logic):

Williams - an MA signing

Nissa - joined from a Premiership side.

Douglas - coming from Celtic.

Hughes might be on quite a bit, tho probably less than Williams.

MDV might be top 5, but I don't see him or any of the ex-Jambos having the highest.

I'd say it probably isn't Douglas - instead of getting a large paypacket, he was probably persuaded to accept a longer contract instead.

Thinking about it, if Kisnorbo gets the contract it's rumoured he'll be offered, he'd probably be right up at the top or very close to.

Williams or Nissa are the likely highest earners.

By that reasoning Sylla should be pretty well paid :cry::thumbdown:

By that reasoning Sylla should be pretty well paid :cry::thumbdown:

Perhaps so, but I decided against including Sylla when I wrote that up. He wasn't that valuable to Celtic, he didn't start that many games for the 4/5 seasons he was there.

Douglas was a far more important player up at Celtic - hence he started 4 times as many games as Sylla

Momo Sylla, despite only being there just one extra season. Wasn't he called a 'utility' player when we signed him? Surely that counts against him in the wages stakes.

I take your point though, and it is depressing really - he's probably on a fair packet. :(:angry:

I think all of the top earners must be around that much!!! It's alot of money for alot of players that are not performing!!! :(

Can't believe any of our players are on quite that much these days - remember we're budgeting for the championship. I'd say £5-6k max. Pure speculation of course. Would be interesting if clubs were required to declare salaries for the benefit of fans - might be an invasion of player's privacy though

Williams due to him being the last of the MA Era.

Douglas cos he came from celtic

Nissa cos he came from blackburn

Sylla cos have u seen his car?!!!

Williams has the nicest cars, porsche 911 and merc 4x4. syllas is just a X5 BMW with massive drug dealer wheels

i think douglas is on about around 10 grand a week

|I'd be very surprised if it's anything like that.

CL had to reduce the total wage bill from 11m to 6m when he arrived, and it is now being squeezed a lot further because the parachute payments have ended, so it is very unlikely anyone is on 10k a week now.

CL gave an interview early last season when he said that he hadn't needed to offer big wages to anyone who was ex-SPL (Including ex-Celtic).Outside of a few top earners, (Lennon, Petrov etc.) the average wage in the SPL is lower than in the championship. Williams dates from the MA years when we still paid decent salaries, so my money is on him to be top earner. Otherwise I doubt if we are paying more than 5k to anyone. I think most of the x-SPL guys are on 2-4k a week.

Simon

Archived