Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

James Wesolowski

Just searching for James Wesolowski as you do and found this

Westfields Sports high school

towards the end of the article i saw this:

This scribe asked Morgan and Barrett if there is a new Kewell in the midst. And there was no hesitation; both immediatly said the same name...James Wesolowski.

"Freak, the best kid we have ever seen here. I don't know if I could even compare Harry to him. Play him anywhere you like. He played Commonwealth Bank Cul at 13 in year 8, he's been playing 19's for Leicester City in England and he's only just turned 15. He's hardworking, mature and intelligent", says Morgan with sheer pride.

"if anybody was going to make it, you'd put your money on James. He is far superior to most players and exceptional in his dedication. You've got a kid in year 9 who's the best player in the senior team", says Barrett, who has seen many a player in his time.

So the future is burning bright for both Westfields and Australian soccer. Hopefully players like James Wesolowski and his teammates can kick Australia into a new generation of soccer success.

Just makes you realise how lucky we are to have him here, he has the potential to become one of the best ever players to play for Leicester.

Just curious to know how we managed to get him here in the first place?

Just searching for James Wesolowski as you do and found this

Westfields Sports high school

towards the end of the article i saw this:

This scribe asked Morgan and Barrett if there is a new Kewell in the midst. And there was no hesitation; both immediatly said the same name...James Wesolowski.

"Freak, the best kid we have ever seen here. I don't know if I could even compare Harry to him. Play him anywhere you like. He played Commonwealth Bank Cul at 13 in year 8, he's been playing 19's for Leicester City in England and he's only just turned 15. He's hardworking, mature and intelligent", says Morgan with sheer pride.

"if anybody was going to make it, you'd put your money on James. He is far superior to most players and exceptional in his dedication. You've got a kid in year 9 who's the best player in the senior team", says Barrett, who has seen many a player in his time.

So the future is burning bright for both Westfields and Australian soccer. Hopefully players like James Wesolowski and his teammates can kick Australia into a new generation of soccer success.

Just makes you realise how lucky we are to have him here, he has the potential to become one of the best ever players to play for Leicester.

Just curious to know how we managed to get him here in the first place?

That's really good to read. I haven't been able to see Weso play yet as I live near London and don't go to reserve games and he's been injured for every game I've seen since he broke through but I'm genuinely excited about him for next year. You're right though - how on Earth did we get hold of a player so highly rated?????

That's really good to read. I haven't been able to see Weso play yet as I live near London and don't go to reserve games and he's been injured for every game I've seen since he broke through but I'm genuinely excited about him for next year. You're right though - how on Earth did we get hold of a player so highly rated?????

He's not the only one.

What surprises me - and I may be wrong - is that it never sounds as if our fans have this great pride in their young players which, say, Manchester United have.

Whatever people might think about Sir Alex Ferguson you can see the pride and the faith he has in his youngsters.

When they played Celtic there was no harping on them being inexperienced. Just reference to their unquestioned ability and whether they can transfer those skills into senior football.

On this forum and other City forums there are certainly some who obviously love to see another youngster or two emerge onto the first team stage but they are always countered by the doubters, those who feel that experience is always the safer bet and who would forever, never quite find the belief needed to ever give those kids their chance.

You may think I'm aiming this at Manwell but not really. He's taken the trouble to watch City training and come back with some quite praiseworthy comments about some of our younger players which was heartening.

Thios isn't a selection campaign either. I've already said I would introduce any youngsters carefully and not too many at a time.

What it is is a request for the fans to show how much they value and appreciate these trainees. They really are vital to the future of our club and by and large they do us proud and have done for a while now.

He's not the only one.

What surprises me - and I may be wrong - is that it never sounds as if our fans have this great pride in their young players which, say, Manchester United have.

Whatever people might think about Sir Alex Ferguson you can see the pride and the faith he has in his youngsters.

When they played Celtic there was no harping on them being inexperienced. Just reference to their unquestioned ability and whether they can transfer those skills into senior football.

On this forum and other City forums there are certainly some who obviously love to see another youngster or two emerge onto the first team stage but they are always countered by the doubters, those who feel that experience is always the safer bet and who would forever, never quite find the belief needed to ever give those kids their chance.

You may think I'm aiming this at Manwell but not really. He's taken the trouble to watch City training and come back with some quite praiseworthy comments about some of our younger players which was heartening.

Thios isn't a selection campaign either. I've already said I would introduce any youngsters carefully and not too many at a time.

What it is is a request for the fans to show how much they value and appreciate these trainees. They really are vital to the future of our club and by and large they do us proud and have done for a while now.

its just the fact that over the years Leicester have failed to produce a substanial amount of capable youth team players. Sure we've had a few, Heskey, Piper, Stearman but in comparison to a team such as Ipswich we fail to produce. Perhaps currently we are at the dawn of a new era at the club as it seems that there are a number of lads capable of making the next step.

Leicester cant rely on youth over experience if the kids just simply arent good enough. This has been the case at Manchester United since the era of the Nevilles, Beckham, Butt and Scholes. Youth players brought through the ranks since this time have been far less prevalent as they havent been good enough

its just the fact that over the years Leicester have failed to produce a substanial amount of capable youth team players. Sure we've had a few, Heskey, Piper, Stearman but in comparison to a team such as Ipswich we fail to produce. Perhaps currently we are at the dawn of a new era at the club as it seems that there are a number of lads capable of making the next step.

Leicester cant rely on youth over experience if the kids just simply arent good enough. This has been the case at Manchester United since the era of the Nevilles, Beckham, Butt and Scholes. Youth players brought through the ranks since this time have been far less prevalent as they havent been good enough

I hope you're right Newms and believe you might be because there is no question that success breeds success. Once youngsters have contemporaries around them who are breaking through they have an age-group example to follow. They see what the requirements are and work that bit harder to emulate their peer.

And Leicester, with the likes of Stearman, Weso and O'Grady bursting through suddenly have Porter, Dodds and Sheehan in the wings and probably Gradel, Odhiambo and Chambers at the very least to follow.

To me that makes exciting reading for the future of our club, though I wouldn't mind seeing some defenders come through too...

PS: Whether the Manchester United production line faltered because the youngsters really weren't good enough or because United followed the "bring-em-in-from-abroad" bandwagon and their chances became Iimited I don't know, but they seem to have a few again now and will probably be healthier for it in the end.

Youngsters who've been with a club a long time add a special something to the team spirit which develops and I am 100% certain that can be the case at Leicester ecause I have already seen it at feeder level and on first team match days when the youngsters take their seats by the players entrance.

We had Alan Hill as the academy director at that time, the same man that brought Kewell over from Australia to Leeds, he was a major factor behind the success of the Leeds youth team. I think Taylor brought him to the club, so he did make one good decision during his time here :thumbup:

But after we went into administration, Alan Hill lost his job, whilst we kept Bassett as a Director of football... something just not right there :rolleyes:

I think you are over reacting Thracian... everyone wants the youngsters to come through. When people have said things against the youngsters it has been more a case of not wanting them just thrown in.

Some times your comments on here can be taken that you just want the youngster to come straight from youth team and start a first team game... just like that!!! (Chambers) That's what people disagree with.

The perfect example of how a youngster should be brought on is O'Grady IMO, let him do well at youth, let him do well in reserves, send him on loan for six months. If the manager thinks they are good enough put him on the bench, give him 5 mins here or there, give him 15 minutes here and there. If they progress, do well at each level and show enough when they get their chance then they deserve their first team shot.

He's not the only one.

I agree with that but to counter it i dont like it when people only rate someone because they have come through the youth system rather than judgeing them on there own merits, some were simply not good enough the examples of this were Stuart Campbell, Richard Smith, Stef Oakes, Stuart Wilson. Just look at the level they play now.

That said i never boo or get on a youth developed players back thay must be given time and the chance to grow into a position in the first team.

I rate the young players i have seen Logan, Stearman, Sheehan, O'Grady, Porter, Dodds, Wesolowski (who will be a special player) And we have Ashley Chambers who is very highly spoke of, last week fans on a national forum were asking about this "wonder kid" we have (Chambers) and what has happend to him, lets hope he comes through showing all the promise he has at youth level

Archived