Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Gerrbrand off?

220k is alot for us isn't it though? we should try to get some money for him

Not really it was Levein who bought him when he was totally chagning the squad, we had money because he saved a ridicolous amount on the wage bill, and we were still recieving parachute payments. It was the same summer he bought in Hamill, Hume, Sylla, Kisnorbo, Mcarthy permently, gilber ect. We spent a fair old wack last summer which is probabley why we are broke now. 100k I would be happy with, depending if he (RK) spends it on another defender or not :mad: .

Not really it was Levein who bought him when he was totally chagning the squad, we had money because he saved a ridicolous amount on the wage bill, and we were still recieving parachute payments. It was the same summer he bought in Hamill, Hume, Sylla, Kisnorbo, Mcarthy permently, gilber ect. We spent a fair old wack last summer which is probabley why we are broke now. 100k I would be happy with, depending if he (RK) spentds it on another defender or not :mad: .

100k sounds good to me. hopefully there is not any clauses such as percentage of next transfer or anything like that on his transfer from hammarby.

Shame about Gerrbrand really, dont think we quite saw the best of him and there is no doubt he had potential. His style wasnt really suited to this type of direct, physical football which is the Championship. Hopefully Kelly will try and get in a winger on loan with the money saved or an attacking left back such as Dan Harding

Wouldn't be happy losing Gerrbrand one bit, best defender we have by a country mile, I'd have him alongside Kisnorbo as the starting pair.

Class and brute strength side by side, although the fact we have dog filth keepers mean they would be prone to errors with poor communication. Still with out league two back up we should be fine :rolleyes:

Hi from Norway. I'm a supporter of Fredrikstad, the club he is in talks with

Seems like most of you are okay with him leaving, but that he still is a decent player. Can you tell me a bit about him? Strength / Weakness

Best regards,

reybr

Hi from Norway. I'm a supporter of Fredrikstad, the club he is in talks with

Seems like most of you are okay with him leaving, but that he still is a decent player. Can you tell me a bit about him? Strength / Weakness

Best regards,

reybr

strong with the ball at his feet

weak when the balls in the air and the rough and tumble

he has the wrong attributes for the Championship thats why hes failed here in his 1st season

Not worried by this.

Gerrbrand is a good player, with a brain. He was very good at boston, at RB. Kenton is equally as good.

Why bring in macauley (very little experience), and let gerrbrand go (enough experience)?

Cant be an age thing, might it be finance, cant be ability.

Big shame, he had a run in the team where we only conceded 1 goal in 5 games, or something like that, then he suffered from injury. personally i would play him with Patrick Kisnorbo but i am hopeful McCarthy continues to progress, IMO gerrbrand is a better player than him.

Gerrbrand is a good player, with a brain. He was very good at boston, at RB. Kenton is equally as good.

Why bring in macauley (very little experience), and let gerrbrand go (enough experience)?

Cant be an age thing, might it be finance, cant be ability.

McAuley's supposed to be good in the air and a semi-decent goal threat, two things some reckon Gerrbrand is not.

Perhaps RK was never impressed by Gerrbrand - perhaps it's Gerrbrand who indicated his desire to leave, maybe he didn't settle here - football-wise or personal life.

We won't know until/unless he signs and explains his reason (or RK explains).

It's quite possibly a financial reason - there's been rumours we were about to offload players to allow us to sign another player.

We let go of Hamill already, and now Gerrbrand is on the way out by the looks of it... perhaps a signing is imminent.

Or maybe we're shedding an extra defender.

I'd have liked Gerrbrand to prove himself a solid defender, and I'd have preferred to lose Nissa (and probably not signed Kenton) and got players in more important positions instead - anyone on the left for example.

Shame about Gerrbrand really, dont think we quite saw the best of him and there is no doubt he had potential. His style wasnt really suited to this type of direct, physical football which is the Championship. Hopefully Kelly will try and get in a winger on loan with the money saved or an attacking left back such as Dan Harding

True true!

/g

Archived