Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Luton

Whos goin, whos gunna start, whos Lutons Key man. And whats the game gunna be like.

Firstly im goin,

My Team

Henderson

Stearman Kenton McCarthy Skills

Maybury Johnson Williams Tiatto

Hume Fryatt

Bench Hughes, Hammond, O'Grady, McCauley, J-lo

Look Out for Berkovic hes that cocky overhead kick man.

I also regret to tell you that it will finish 0-0

I'm going

Team

------------Henderson--------------

Stearman---McCarthy---Mcauley---Kenton

---------------Wesolowski--------------

-----Williams----Johnson---Hughes-----

-----------Hume-----Fryatt-------------

Dangerman: Vine

Result 2-0 Leicester

I'm going, and I'll go with the team as above stated by Tommy

Result - 2-2

I'm not going....but city will be very cagey and i think Luton will be playing a attacking formation and will be pushing forward at every op..................city will hold on for a 0-0!!!

I'm going

Team

------------Henderson--------------

Stearman---McCarthy---Mcauley---Kenton

---------------Wesolowski--------------

-----Williams----Johnson---Hughes-----

-----------Hume-----Fryatt-------------

Dangerman: Vine

Result 2-0 Leicester

Is weso even going to be fit for this game? I thought he was injured. Their Danger man will be Carlos Edwards without question......if he's still there come Saturday. Will be intresting to see if Adam Boyd can hack it in this division as well.

RK will without question go

Hendo

Stearmen

Mcarthy

Mcauley/Kenton

Nisse

Maybury

Williams/Hughes

Johnson

Tiatto

Fryatt

Hume

------------------Henderson---------------------

--Stearman---Kenton----Mc Carthy------Nissa

--Williams---Johnson-----Hughes-------Tiatto (get sent off)

--------------Hume-------Fryatt----------------

Result 2-1 leicester

Their best : Vine

Whos goin, whos gunna start, whos Lutons Key man. And whats the game gunna be like.

Firstly im goin,

My Team

Henderson

Stearman Kenton McCarthy Skills

Maybury Johnson Williams Tiatto

Hume Fryatt

Bench Hughes, Hammond, O'Grady, McCauley, J-lo

Look Out for Berkovic hes that cocky overhead kick man.

I also regret to tell you that it will finish 0-0

If that's going to be the team I don't think I'll be going much at all.

It'll be no worse listening to John Barber than watching more of last season's style.

I think you're right about the team (Kelly was no different at the end of last season) but I'd make a minimum of three and probably five changes to the team itself and would certainly have Porter, Dodds and Hammond in the 16 somewhere. I might even have Gradel ahead of Low if it's a case of coming off the bench.

Team I'd want (and will never get):

Henderson;

Stearman, McCarthy, McAuley, Sheehan;

Porter, Johnson, Tiatto,

O'Grady, Fryatt, Hume.

Subs: Logan, Maybury or Hughes, Nils, Hammond, Dodds.

We have to have the courage to get out of our rut and to develop a better team. As far as I can see the above team has balance and as far as possible occupies our most in-form players.

If that's going to be the team I don't think I'll be going much at all.

It'll be no worse listening to John Barber than watching more of last season's style.

I think you're right about the team (Kelly was no different at the end of last season) but I'd make a minimum of three and probably five changes to the team itself and would certainly have Porter, Dodds and Hammond in the 16 somewhere. I might even have Gradel ahead of Low if it's a case of coming off the bench.

Henderson;

Porter, Johnson, Tiatto,

O'Grady, Fryatt, Hume.

Are you feeling alright?

Henderson;

Porter, Johnson, Tiatto,

O'Grady, Fryatt, Hume.

Porter and Tiatto as part of a three-man midfield? If I was Johnson I'd retire at half-time through stress.

Are you feeling alright?

I've always believed in having one rottweiler. Tiatto showed against RS that he could operate according to instructions (he stayed really wide when required) and I had to weigh up his credentials over, say, Hughes for that position.

In the end my thinking was thus...

Hughes in not a rottweiler. Stamina is his main asset. Tiatto has stamina enough is a genuine hard case, is naturally left footed, can provide width on occasions, and would be able to help/exchange with Sheehan on the left.

Altogether that gave him a much stronger case. I also wondered about Maybury but he's not a natural left sider.

PS: I didn't consider Wesolowski because I don't think he will play. He had a bit of a kick-about at Hinckley but has not featured greatly so far. I think Kelly is being careful about bringing him back and considering his options I 100% agree.

Porter and Tiatto as part of a three-man midfield? If I was Johnson I'd retire at half-time through stress.

Why do you say that about Porter?. If I was a team member I cannot imagine anyone who would provide more available support than Porter. Quite apart from his own ability to pierce defences, he gets colleagues out of so much trouble by giving them an easy pass.

Why do you say that about Porter?. If I was a team member I cannot imagine anyone who would provide more available support than Porter. Quite apart from his own ability to pierce defences, he gets colleagues out of so much trouble by giving them an easy pass.

In reserve games.

He's about 5 foot 4 and he's never played a first team game before. In an ideal world he might turn out to be a decent player but in reality he needs to bed in and adapt to the pace and aggression of first-team football alongside established first-teamers. Tiatto might be a rottweiler in your eyes but to me he's a liability whose misplaced passes heap even more pressure on the rest of the midfield.

How the hell does he play a first team game if no-one picks him? How ironic that if he were as tall as Williams, or even middle-sized like Hughes then people would be happy but cos he's tiny there all this negativity.

Alan Ball, Billy Bremner, David Batty were small. They didn't do so bad.

But what this leads me onto is a genuine enquiry. What do people see in Maybury and Hughes as midfield players that makes them in any way special? I'm not being sarcastic. I have nothing whatsover against either of them. I would just like to understand what it is the covers them in such protective stardust.

How the hell does he play a first team game if no-one picks him? How ironic that if he were as tall as Williams, or even middle-sized like Hughes then people would be happy but cos he's tiny there all this negativity.

Alan Ball, Billy Bremner, David Batty were small. They didn't do so bad.

But what this leads me onto is a genuine enquiry. What do people see in Maybury and Hughes as midfield players that makes them in any way special? I'm not being sarcastic. I have nothing whatsover against either of them. I would just like to understand what it is the covers them in such protective stardust.

PS: Agression? What aggression. as soon as anyone touches an opponent nowadays he's in the book and then off the field. It's a big problem that for Tiatto especially but it is a new season and I would have given him one chance to adapt in our particular circumstances though I agree with you that it's risky.

1 - I never said don't pick him, I said don't pick him as part of a 3-man midfield with one player who has never played for us before and one wholly unreliable player who was useless all of last season. I think he should be, as I said, given time to bed in alongside more established players. If you play him straight away and he is useless there is a chance that he will be out of the team for ages (see also Alan Sheehan, an old favourite of yours).

2 - Height does count. Physical league etc. 5 ft 7 is short. 5 ft 4 is very very short.

3 - Do you fancy being any more inconsistent in your argument regarding having Tiatto as a rottweiler and suddenly there is no aggression in the modern game (which I disagree with anyway)? Controlled aggression is necessary and is something Porter would have to get used to. Something Tiatto is unaware exists.

1 - I never said don't pick him, I said don't pick him as part of a 3-man midfield with one player who has never played for us before and one wholly unreliable player who was useless all of last season. I think he should be, as I said, given time to bed in alongside more established players. If you play him straight away and he is useless there is a chance that he will be out of the team for ages (see also Alan Sheehan, an old favourite of yours).

2 - Height does count. Physical league etc. 5 ft 7 is short. 5 ft 4 is very very short.

3 - Do you fancy being any more inconsistent in your argument regarding having Tiatto as a rottweiler and suddenly there is no aggression in the modern game (which I disagree with anyway)? Controlled aggression is necessary and is something Porter would have to get used to. Something Tiatto is unaware exists.

I think you make some good points. I too favoured a "bedding in" as you call it for Porter and well remember what happened to Sheehan (which had a ridiculously negative effect) but our midfield is so poor creatively and Porter has been so good that thought again.

His height doesn't bother me, or him from what I've seen, although he's not going to win many headers and I've seen him take plenty of buffeting over a couple of years and he never seems fazed by it, nor does he react badly.

I've simply explained my thoughts there. I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily.

I would, for instance, have agreed about Johnson's unfamiliarity except that he is an extremely straightforward player who, against RS, seemed to have been about with us for ages. He looked entirely comfortable to me and the intensity of pre-season work would have made everyone familiar with his style.

McAuley, Kenton and Low have seemed far less integrated.

Finally to Tiatto. I've outlined my reasoning there but am no more certain about his inclusion than alternatives like Hughes or Maybury. I just think he balances the left side better, other things being similar and he could cover Sheehan at left back.

Williams, Hughes and Maybury just don't have enough midfield effect, not even enough to make Tiatto less of an option.

Hence another reason why I favour a three man attack with O'Grady/Hume able to play in the hole.

I love wingers, as you know, but we don't have any of consequence, so, to avoid weakening central midfield we have to get attacking width from full-back and to retain enough strike capability we have to play three goalscorers that also offer versatility.

It's academic of course. None of it will happen and we'll just continue on our blinkered way selecting teams that can never score enough goals to be successful.

Porter?

I found him anonymous in the two games I've seen, and that's nothing to do with his height.

Which were those Leesoh?

He had a short cameo against RS where he was picked on the wing and barely received a pass from our massed ranks of the defence minded so there was no chance of him affecting what happened in that.

He shone at Hinckley and I seem to remember reports of him winning a free kick for Williams goal and being quite influential in other things but if you'll enlighten me I'm more than happy to take your word.

I watched him back half of the season for the reserves, after he was moved to midfield, and he was THE dominant central midfielder, very influential.

Is there anyone you think is actually good in midfield?

Which were those Leesoh?

I went to the very first and the very last, and to be honest I don't think there was much between the two games. Which isn't encouraging.

Is there anyone you think is actually good in midfield?
Ha ha.

Archived