Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theboywillmott

Ryan Smith

Why do we have to keep starting a thread on this tool every week? Can't we just carry on with the previous one?

I honestly don't give a flying fvck what he does and why is this in the Leicester City Forum anyway?

Rant over :ph34r:

Couldn't agree more!!! The over-rated prat would never have commanded a fee if he'd not been at Arsenal. There's a mug born every day. Never thought it would be the Shaggers manager though.

Having seen Sheehan in virtually all his first team appearances, and last week at Hinckley, my feeling is that he is a rough diamond who's got rougher. His lack of discipline worries me and I don't think that he's going to be an answer to our left back problem. With regard to Ryan Smith, RK worked closely with him for some time, and I would hope he would have a better idea of his strengths, weaknesses and personality than either of us. Having seen him in every game he played for us, I do not recognise the player you are talking about. As for those other players, how many were effectively shown the door by the club that had them as a kid. I think Derby have totally overpaid for him - I will be most intersted to see if he is still in the team by Christmas. Finally, you have pointed out on many occasions we have a lot of promising youngsters. Taking a throwaway from Arsenal is hardly going to advance their cause, is it?

I take your point about Sheehan and watching him against Hinckley a few of us wondered if he was trying too hard, having had his confidence dented previously.

I know he's desperate to break through and it is pretty obvious he wa deeply disappointed not to be more involved last season.

First half he put some decent balls across to O'Grady in particular but his defensive work was, as you say, undisciplined on two particular occasions.

I thought he was much better second half and much more the sort of playere he used to be although he got beaten in the air by their winger a bit too often for me, without consequence but nevertheless....

However, I've recognised that he is not the defender yet that Nils is but offers much more going forward and this continued to be his strength on Sunday.

I also take your point about incomers affecting the potential breakthrough of our youngsters - and would be against us signing anyone who would not categorically improve the team. It is just that I think smith has rarely rare talent and I would far rather he were here than at Derby.

That is not to say you're not 100% right about his performances for City although I think part of the reason for those was the way he was used and the fact we don't have sufficient crative players to make best use of his abilities. That's only an opinion though and I suppose its all academic now although it will be interest to see his progress at Derby and under a supposedly excellent manager.

Why do we have to keep starting a thread on this tool every week? Can't we just carry on with the previous one?

I honestly don't give a flying fvck what he does and why is this in the Leicester City Forum anyway?

Rant over :ph34r:

cus ive been away on holiday and wanted to know ok!

No. It was because he never passed the bloody ball unless he'd run somewhere pointless.

And even if that were the case are you saying no-one could encourage to pass more effectively? Do you seriously expect to get the finished article when you're taking a talented kid on loan?. If a lad like that was rounded and polished he certainly wouldn't be pissing about at Leicester.

I watched his being played narrow. I watched him being double banked and no-one taking advantage of the space, I watched him wasting energy deep in our half. He had lots of faults but City never got the best out of him and I think Derby will show that.

If not I'll happily admit to being wrong.

And even if that were the case are you saying no-one could encourage to pass more effectively?

Y'know, I suspect all his coaches so far have been telling him, "Pass the focking ball" and telling him where, too. Because, after all, despite your seeming belief to the contrary, most coaches do want to see effective players. But he seems not to have listened. Which is why he was punted out to us, a large part of why we got rid, and now the Arse have too. He might still be young enough for you but there's no sign he's learnt anything beyond his one trick. Which is ultimately useless if he can't release the ball.

I watched him being double banked and no-one taking advantage of the space

Er, so what exactly is 'taking advantage of the space' when you know the ball's never going to come to you as some tosser goes on their run to nowhere. And, after watching a couple of videos, I reckon most other teams had figured out 2 players on Smith was a no-risk guarantee on regaining possession.

We can argue about it all day but I don't intend to. You seem certain he's shit. I feel sure he's basically a dangerous player and it appears we'll both have the answer by the end of this season.

One thing's for sure though. If someone with his ability never learns to use it, then he'll have himself to blame in the end because you can have all the coaching you like but if you're not prepared to listen, people will only waste their words for so long.

A player doesn't turn shit over night, but when they are a youngster it's easy for their career to tail off if not careful. I can't recall all these posters on here slagging Smith off after his first half a dozen or so games for us and it was only when he went that he got slated for something that wasn't entirely his own fault.

Granted, his final ball needs alot of work on. But if that was already a polished part of his game then we'd be talking millions for him because there aren't many players with the skill, pace and confidence Smith has in taking players on. Obviously that's all useless if the final ball is always shit, but with the right coaching he could develop how to provide the killer final ball. For £300,000 it's not a lot of money to gamble on, there are players with far less ability than Smith that get signed for more than that in the hope that the coaches and managers can turn them in to something (Elvis Hammond for example).

Smith has got alot of hard work to do, but there's no reason why he can't be as good as Arsene Wenger described him as just a season ago. Whether he'll fulfill his potential is another matter as his attitude and ego seem to be not in tandem with what he's achieved so far which is very little.

But come on, his first few months here were sublime at times. His demolition of Sheffield United where he had a hand in the first 3 goals, scoring one and assisting in 2 others. Plus his debut at Derby and numerous other games. Infact when I think back i'm struggling to comprehend all this stick and abuse he's getting. Before xmas when we were all oblivious to Levein's dark road he was taking us down, Smith was providing most of our attacking play and set up his fair share of goals. Had a hand in both goals at home against Watford. After xmas, it all went wrong for almost every player at Leicester until Kelly sorted us out but Smith didn't really play under Kelly. It was clear to see that Kelly didn't want someone like Smith around the place and that's his opinion, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

I'll be interested to see what Smith does at Derby, i'm certainly not writing him off considering some of his displays for us. We'll most definately need to double up defensively when we play them, which will be right up Kelly's alley.

I'd rather talk about this than having to talk about 6 defenders, no money, **** all prospects. That all depresses me, atleast this isn't about us for once.

I don't get all this 6 defender talk. Dannys a midfielder........sort of. 5 is bad enough mind.

so if Fryatt and Hume go back to defend a corner we will have 11 and a half defensive players?

No it doesn't quite work out like that we only get the extra half when Twiatto is pretending to attack, hang on that should be minus a half. Thracian you explain it.

No it doesn't quite work out like that we only get the extra half when Twiatto is pretending to attack, hang on that should be minus a half. Thracian you explain it.

Danny Tiatto has the power of 1.5 Shit defenders and the skill of 0.5 attacking players. Resulting in the .5

It means it's going to be bloody lonely at our attacking end.

Perhaps Fryatt and Hume should be issued with loud hailers just in case they do catch sight of the Luton goal! :whistle:

its an excellent signing for them, watch out for derby next year, great manager and with the money derby now have, he will buy exciting players. also heard they are in talks with stephen Pearson as well. Micky Adams wanted him when he was here.

I thought they were in debt?? No?

Archived