Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theboywillmott

Ryan Smith

July 27th BBC Sport reported that Ryan Smith was about to sign for the sheep shaggers for an undisclosed fee. However haven't heard a thing since and I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not he had gone or not?

on sky sports news...i read that he had signed for an undisclosed fee... not sure on how long or any of the terms though.. :ph34r:

its an excellent signing for them, watch out for derby next year, great manager and with the money derby now have, he will buy exciting players. also heard they are in talks with stephen Pearson as well. Micky Adams wanted him when he was here.

its an excellent signing for them, watch out for derby next year, great manager and with the money derby now have, he will buy exciting players. also heard they are in talks with stephen Pearson as well. Micky Adams wanted him when he was here.

It's an amazing transition, Derby have gone from a club with no money, crap squad and crap team, through to a team with investment, a noted manager and some interesting signings....the board at Derby have done wonders.......I wish I could say the same for our board!!!!

ABit early to see if they are going to be a force, next season maybe there season????

It's an amazing transition, Derby have gone from a club with no money, crap squad and crap team, through to a team with investment, a noted manager and some interesting signings....the board at Derby have done wonders.......I wish I could say the same for our board!!!!

ABit early to see if they are going to be a force, next season maybe there season????

I think they certainly have one of the best managers in the division, certainly the best in the East Midlands. Their financial situation baffles me a little as I know they had a change of chairman/board in the close season and an investment of money, but I originally thought this was just going to go on their massive debt. Now either these investors have brought a lot of money with them or they're gambling on a new manager and a few new signings to take them up. I wouldn't like our board to do the same, however we'd never be in that position anyway as we scare away most investors.

Oh, and Kelly said that Smith cost Derby 300k, a long shot from the prices we were quoted when we first had him on loan.

I think they certainly have one of the best managers in the division, certainly the best in the East Midlands. Their financial situation baffles me a little as I know they had a change of chairman/board in the close season and an investment of money, but I originally thought this was just going to go on their massive debt. Now either these investors have brought a lot of money with them or they're gambling on a new manager and a few new signings to take them up. I wouldn't like our board to do the same, however we'd never be in that position anyway as we scare away most investors.

Oh, and Kelly said that Smith cost Derby 300k, a long shot from the prices we were quoted when we first had him on loan.

I raised the issue and got these pretty pi55ed off replies hahaha

I swear down, how many times does a Derby fan have to explain this. Im getting a bit impatient about questions and assumptions like this. On Southend's forum you have fans laughing that we could afford a fee like this etc... and why would he move to a relegation threatened club. Absolutely igorant people who live in their little holes of their own club oblivious of what is going on around them.

I will say this one more time.... WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER BY A LOCAL CONSORTIUM SO WE ARE NO LONGER IN 52 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF DEBT (Recent estimates have put our debt at around £8m which, according to our MD is "not far off the actualy figure).

yes Derby have been taken over by a Derby based consortium led by the genius that is Peter Gabsy. Alot of people say Gadsby was instrumental in leading Derby County to the Premiership in the 95-96 season, along with Jim Smith. This new consortium has reduced Derby's debts immensley, thought to have been reduced by £25-£30 million, Which the idiots Keith, sleighthome and co built up and nearly ruined the club. This new consortium is a huge relief for Derby fans. I'm guessing by spending £1 million on a 30 year old Howard, they obviously are not penny pinching and have much deeper pockets than people think.I hope we can land eastwood he'd be a great signing, but if not him I'm sure Billy Sharp could be easily tempted away from S****horpe, he scored the same as Eastwood last Season, at a worser team but didn't get as much recognition because Southend we're promoted. Anyway, lets hope the signing continue.

So according to that they've actually put money towards reducing the dept?? Lucky them!!

yeah Gadsby, founder of Birch Property, recently BOUGHT by Miller homes for 80M squid... y o y are there no idiots with cash in Leicersrteshtshuire!?

Leicersrteshtshuire!? where? i just wish there were some in leicestershire, couldnt care less about Leicersrteshtshuire

Leicersrteshtshuire!? where? i just wish there were some in leicestershire, couldnt care less about Leicersrteshtshuire

Ive decided that I cant be arsed to type/spell correctly...a bit like TXT SPK, but basically putting any letters in...

have you ever tried this

you bascislly can tpye any wrod you lkie in the worng odrer and sitll udnsrteand the sntenance.... the brain looks at the first and last letter and mkaes snese of the rset!! :thumbup:

July 27th BBC Sport reported that Ryan Smith was about to sign for the sheep shaggers for an undisclosed fee. However haven't heard a thing since and I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not he had gone or not?

Why do we have to keep starting a thread on this tool every week? Can't we just carry on with the previous one?

I honestly don't give a flying fvck what he does and why is this in the Leicester City Forum anyway?

Rant over :ph34r:

£299,999 too much - complete non-trier.

A bargain if used properly and a potential money spinner too. Even if he fails the downside's limited. So long as they play him as what he is instead of what he's not he'll be fine. Especially if the club are astute enough to use the space he creates when the opposition have to double-bank defend him. People say Derby have got a brilliant manager. Are they saying he was brilliant til he signed Smith! To think we lost him just because he's a temperamental teenager. Bloody ridiculous. If I'd taken that attitude with my son I'd have abandoned him years ago.

Even if he fails the downside's limited. To think we lost him....

Did you see him at the home game when he strolled over to take a corner when we were losing with minutes to go? He got the abuse he deserved. Did you see him at Brighton when he threw his toys out of the pram? He was brought on in the second half, proceeded to do absolutely nothing and was taken off for his trouble! This in the same game that Weso came back on with a broken leg! To answer the two points I've selectively taken from your post, firstly you cannot play with 10 men in this league, I don't think his prescence here would be conducive to the team spirit RK is trying to build. Secondly, we didn't lose him, we sent him back! I'll go with RK's decision on this one. Finally we don't have £300k, and he will not be on low wages I would imagine so the argument is a bit pie in the sky anyway.

A bargain if used properly and a potential money spinner too. Even if he fails the downside's limited. So long as they play him as what he is instead of what he's not he'll be fine. Especially if the club are astute enough to use the space he creates when the opposition have to double-bank defend him. People say Derby have got a brilliant manager. Are they saying he was brilliant til he signed Smith! To think we lost him just because he's a temperamental teenager. Bloody ridiculous. If I'd taken that attitude with my son I'd have abandoned him years ago.

I think he was a liability for us. He regularly lost the ball and couldn't defend.

We didn't lose him because he was a temperamental teenager, we got rid of him because he was a luxury we could ill afford in our relegation battle. We were a better team without him.

Probably would have done well against Hinckley though.

Did you see him at the home game when he strolled over to take a corner when we were losing with minutes to go? He got the abuse he deserved. Did you see him at Brighton when he threw his toys out of the pram? He was brought on in the second half, proceeded to do absolutely nothing and was taken off for his trouble! This in the same game that Weso came back on with a broken leg! To answer the two points I've selectively taken from your post, firstly you cannot play with 10 men in this league, I don't think his prescence here would be conducive to the team spirit RK is trying to build. Secondly, we didn't lose him, we sent him back! I'll go with RK's decision on this one. Finally we don't have £300k, and he will not be on low wages I would imagine so the argument is a bit pie in the sky anyway.

I'm aware of all that and I'm also aware he's a teenager with loads and loads to learn but more talent than any two of our present first team put together.

I'm not complaining about the abuse. If he asked for it he deserved it. But if a manager cannot sort those sort of minor hiccups out in a teenaged kid it's a poor do.

If he'd have come my way as a manager I'd have found £300,000 if I'd had to ask our kid.

Of course he might have made a mug of me but I don't think so. The downside of a wrong decision would not have been so great by football standards and the potential bonanza was huge.

You cannot easily teach people skills like he has. The challenge for the coach/man-manager was to teach him to use them. Any coach can handle yes men.

The trouble is, its the spirit of the whacko's and noncomfortists that sometimes gives you the edge - George Best, Maradona, Jimmy Johnstone, Tommy Smith, Jimmy Greaves, Peter OsGood, Roy Keane, Duncan Ferguson, Brian Clough, Martin O'Neill.

I'm aware of all that and I'm also aware he's a teenager with loads and loads to learn but more talent than any two of our present first team put together.

I'm not complaining about the abuse. If he asked for it he deserved it. But if a manager cannot sort those sort of minor hiccups out in a teenaged kid it's a poor do.

If he'd have come my way as a manager I'd have found £300,000 if I'd had to ask our kid.

Of course he might have made a mug of me but I don't think so. The downside of a wrong decision would not have been so great by football standards and the potential bonanza was huge.

You cannot easily teach people skills like he has. The challenge for the coach/man-manager was to teach him to use them. Any coach can handle yes men.

The trouble is, its the spirit of the whacko's and noncomfortists that sometimes gives you the edge - George Best, Maradona, Jimmy Johnstone, Tommy Smith, Jimmy Greaves, Peter OsGood, Roy Keane, Duncan Ferguson, Brian Clough, Martin O'Neill.

How about a straight swap for Sheehan? ;)

Confirms what I say about City fans and our youngsters. :whistle:

Having seen Sheehan in virtually all his first team appearances, and last week at Hinckley, my feeling is that he is a rough diamond who's got rougher. His lack of discipline worries me and I don't think that he's going to be an answer to our left back problem. With regard to Ryan Smith, RK worked closely with him for some time, and I would hope he would have a better idea of his strengths, weaknesses and personality than either of us. Having seen him in every game he played for us, I do not recognise the player you are talking about. As for those other players, how many were effectively shown the door by the club that had them as a kid. I think Derby have totally overpaid for him - I will be most intersted to see if he is still in the team by Christmas. Finally, you have pointed out on many occasions we have a lot of promising youngsters. Taking a throwaway from Arsenal is hardly going to advance their cause, is it?

Archived