Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

The Holy Trinity

Easy.

Henderson, McCarthy, Johnson.

Key players in key positions down the spine of the team. If we can stop conceding stupid goals then we will be in with a decent shout because Fryatt and Hume will always nick goals here and there. They don't need to shine particularly in my opinion, just keep up a consistent level of form. Henderson (or Douglas), McCarthy (as captain and someone who is partial to a lunge and a booking) and Johnson (crying out for a Lennon or even Billy McKinlay style player for years) all need to really shine if we are going to be an effective force in this division. I know it's strange not to include an attacking player but I think some leadership and controlled aggression from the back end of the pitch is something we've lacked ever since we were promoted last. With some solidity in these key positions, players such as Hughes and Williams will be freed up to concentrate almost solely on creating chances for Fryatt and Hume.

Easy.

Henderson, McCarthy, Johnson.

Key players in key positions down the spine of the team. If we can stop conceding stupid goals then we will be in with a decent shout because Fryatt and Hume will always nick goals here and there. They don't need to shine particularly in my opinion, just keep up a consistent level of form. Henderson (or Douglas), McCarthy (as captain and someone who is partial to a lunge and a booking) and Johnson (crying out for a Lennon or even Billy McKinlay style player for years) all need to really shine if we are going to be an effective force in this division. I know it's strange not to include an attacking player but I think some leadership and controlled aggression from the back end of the pitch is something we've lacked ever since we were promoted last. With some solidity in these key positions, players such as Hughes and Williams will be freed up to concentrate almost solely on creating chances for Fryatt and Hume.

Spot on! Totally agree! :yesyes:

I'd defenatly say Williams because you don't know what your going to get with him. If he rises to his potential and puts the effort and shows the commitment he can be one the best centre mids in the division and will create plenty of chances for Hume and Fryatt

Anyone reckon Logan might break through this season?? I'd say a safe bet would be the deadly duo on Fryatt and Hume and Kisnorbo

Nice thought but I don't think anyone will break through this season.

Not after hearing about the intended loan outs and the shallow reasons being put forward on hear for retaining the status quo.

Williams - His creativity could be key to aiding Fryatt 20 goal taret

Paddy Mac - Needs to be in top defensive form to help us sneak the tighter fixtures

Whichever Goalkeeper plays

:yesyes: They are the three I would choose as well.

For me it would have to be

Fryatt-Don't think he gave us his all last season, maybe joined us too late.

Williams-Let's be honest his performances are nothing short of diabolical, he has the talent, let's see it!

Hume-If he plays to his ability it's sky's the limit for us goals wise he can score them and set them up.

Didn't choose Kisnorbo or McCarthy because more of the same from them at the back will do :thumbup:

Come on City :scarf:

Williams........does anybody else remember the sitter he missed against f**est,just about sums the games i've seen him play up!

williams.......corners,floating em in to the near post don't work!

williams.......tackle!

Theres a few more i could think off,but only got three goes!

Williams needs to have a good season we are not likely to produce many chances from the wingers so it's up to him to help Fryatt and Hume to get us the goals.

Dont't get me wrong i think gareth williams could be a good player,it's just that he seems to wander in and out of games when he should be lighting up the game.He and stephen huges are the onlyn real playmakers we have.

Always good to read back on threads. Out of all the above suggestions only 2 players really fit the bill.one a goalkeeper and the other we only bring on for 15, Hendo and O'Grady. We ain't got no Holy Trinity or no Holy Grail Unfortunately.

Dont't get me wrong i think gareth williams could be a good player,it's just that he seems to wander in and out of games when he should be lighting up the game.He and stephen huges are the onlyn real playmakers we have.

Porter is the best playmaker if anyone will let him do the job.

He is far more constantly involved that Williams and far more skillful and visionary than Hughes.

Like you Thrac I agree. I know from both Porter and Weso that they know they can blitz donkeys in this Division given their chance. And thats donkeys in opposition teams, not ours. Both are extremely creative players together. Hopefully we'll see it one day.

Archived